PDA

View Full Version : Alarm install Groupbuy info, Updated 02-23

wilson1
01-20-2006, 11:55 AM
I guess anything can happen to our evos, and ever since my car got broken into last night, causing thousands of dollars in vehicle damage along with thousands in personal belongings gone, iwe really need to get a alarm into the evo to be prepared for the unexpected. I guess if they reallly wanted our evos, they will get it. At least it would be somewhat of a deterent.

Any suggestions as to which system to get, which shop to go to, and if we can get a group going in, hopefully , some awesome pricing too!

Okay guys, since most members preferred Compustar, i called Audiomobile today, 02-21-06.
I spoke with Bo @ Audiomobile as Alan is not around, and he has sent over to me the pricing for our members. So whose names are on the signup list should have gotten a PM from me !:D
Whomever wants to be added or findout about the pricing please let me know! Once your name is on the list, you are eligible for the discount pricing . :D

FYI:

http://www.compustar.org/

2WFMAS = 1/4 mile range with remote start.
2W900FMAS = 1/2 mile range with remote start
2WSSAS = 1.25 mile range wite remote start
Standard options included
doors, trunk, hood, shock, starter disable, flashing lights, horn honking, door locks(if factory equiped),super biright LED, red, blue, white, purple, green or amber.
the address is 307 11th street oakland, ca 94606
510-839-1992

Each car will take about 3-5hrs depending on what options they want. the option prices listed are for same day installs only(before installation). Option prices will increase after installation if needed.
Turbo timer prices are for:
1. $50- for use of internal built-in turbo timer
2. $100- if already have after market turbo timer installed, and needs to bypass (to be able to arm/disarm while engine running).
3. $150- if have a after market turbo timer that needs to be installed and bypassed.

This can be done as soon as I get the information on how many people are interested and the names of the people. That way I can plan ahead and schedule the clients. They can reach me at Audiomobile (510)839-1992 to schedule an appointment.
FYI: I will be able to take on 2-3 cars per day

Thanks,
Bo

1. Wilson1
2. Darwinator
3. Toasty
4. b0yw0nder
5. CupertinoRedEvoVIII
6. Steiner? (no power lock)
7. Panem
8. BigEd925
9. YankInCali, (within a few months)
10.nut-tool
11.Liquid-R1
12.VOD, (wants pricing)
13.prOfile
14.c.mo
15.drunk monkey
16.evodragon915
17.evolution888
18. EvoRicer
19.XVeloX

warpspeed
01-20-2006, 12:03 PM
I am planning on getting the Compustar 2WSS-A without the remote start. Or even the 2W900FM because you get to remotes and the 2WSS-A only comes with one.

Liquid-R1
01-20-2006, 12:09 PM
I was looking at the CompuStar as well. I was more interested int he 900 versus the WSS tho. The WSS remote is quite large, and I heard that the batteries drain rather quickly on the FOB. The 900 is actually a newer model altho it's half the range, if I remember correctly.

The reason for the CompuStar is that I know that they have a system that allows you to remote start even on a Manual car. I guess there is a sequence of parking that you must do that ensures the car is in neutral. Then the next time you want to start the car, it allows you to remote start if you choose

warpspeed
01-20-2006, 12:12 PM
I was looking at the CompuStar as well. I was more interested int he 900 versus the WSS tho. The WSS remote is quite large, and I heard that the batteries drain rather quickly on the FOB. The 900 is actually a newer model altho it's half the range, if I remember correctly.

The reason for the CompuStar is that I know that they have a system that allows you to remote start even on a Manual car. I guess there is a sequence of parking that you must do that ensures the car is in neutral. Then the next time you want to start the car, it allows you to remote start if you choose

The remote start is a great feature but since I always park my Evo in gear, it is useless to me.

wilson1
01-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Which shops are doing the install on the compustar?
What kind of warranty?
What kind of features does it have?

MAB1025
01-20-2006, 01:20 PM
I can get a good deal on the Clifford 10.5x and 3.5rs if anyone is interested. I'll need atleast 5 to get special pricing.

Evo8andahalf
01-20-2006, 01:24 PM
i would be interested, just not sure which alarm is good or which one i should get.. :?

jbigelow
01-20-2006, 01:39 PM
i have a compustar with remote start.

if the car is ever in gear with remote start, it will not work.

alan @ audiomobile in oakland 510-839-1992 installed my compustar with remote start. he is one of the finest in audio and security in the bay.

he would probably do a group buy.

tell him i sent you guys for the compustart. he is alsi a clifford alram dealer too!!!!!

-john

coco
01-20-2006, 01:51 PM
i have a compustar with remote start.

if the car is ever in gear with remote start, it will not work.

alan @ audiomobile in oakland 510-839-1992 installed my compustar with remote start. he is one of the finest in audio and security in the bay.

he would probably do a group buy.

tell him i sent you guys for the compustart. he is alsi a clifford alram dealer too!!!!!

-john

Around how much is it installed?

TIA

toasty
01-20-2006, 01:58 PM
I am interested, but I would like to know about the cost of the unit and the labor. I might not have the $$$ for it yet.

wilson1
01-20-2006, 02:06 PM
so is compustar the one to get right now?

jbigelow
01-20-2006, 02:14 PM
Around how much is it installed?

TIA

it all depends on what bells and whistles you want on your alarm.

alan is not the cheapest, but he does quality work and takes care of his customer service on the spot, if any.

he is one of the only people that i know who can bypass the car in gear for remote start.

the compustar alo has a built in turbo timer.

-john

VOD
01-20-2006, 02:16 PM
Id say for something efficent and not to pricey go clifford as it isnt too expensive around the 200-500 range and has a detector on the remote itself that tells if your car door is open or if your alarm is going off in a 2-5 mile range depending on the unit u get range differs... But I am planning on getting that for my car also vipers are good as well, made by the same company

Lucky
01-20-2006, 03:09 PM
I am interested

~Lucky

CupertinoRedEvoVIII
01-20-2006, 03:46 PM
i would be interested, just not sure which alarm is good or which one i should get.. :?

same here

CupertinoRedEvoVIII
01-20-2006, 03:59 PM
I just spoke to Alan and audio mobile in down town Oakland. He recommand me to get the compustar with nutural safty. for out the door price $750 if we have 3 or more cars go at the same time the price will drop $50. Let me know guys I really wants a alarm.

coco
01-20-2006, 04:03 PM
I just spoke to Alan and audio mobile in down town Oakland. He recommand me to get the compustar with nutural safty. for out the door price $750 if we have 3 or more cars go at the same time the price will drop $50. Let me know guys I really wants a alarm.

Wow 750! I think I lost interest...

warpspeed
01-20-2006, 04:25 PM
I am going to go to Audiomobile and have Alan to do my install since he is the closest factory authorize dealer/installer. Compustar is very restrictive when it comes to who can install their alarms because they have to go through a training course for their alarm. I know you can get the Compustar on Ebay for like $250 but the company will not warranty it because it did not come from an authorize dealer. Trust me on this because I did hell of research on this alarm. The range of any alarm system always vary in geographics. As for the 2-5 mile range is wrong. No alarm has that range. Of course alarm company will say just about anything to sell their product.

Evo8andahalf
01-20-2006, 04:27 PM
750 is still a lot of money though..

Liquid-R1
01-20-2006, 04:29 PM
I assume that's for the WSS? What if we want teh 900SS instead? Also, what does he hook up for that price?

ZK
01-20-2006, 04:30 PM
I paid about as much for my Clifford set up. An alarm is only as good as the installation.

warpspeed
01-20-2006, 04:39 PM
I assume that's for the WSS? What if we want teh 900SS instead? Also, what does he hook up for that price?
He quoted me a price awhile back for the 900 but it could change if this group buy goes through so I won't say the price. Basically the install are your basic doors, anti-start and I believe the hood also. I agree with ZK with the alarm is only as good as the install. As for Compustar, Alan at Audiomobile is the closest authorize installer/dealer but there is one in Pleasanton and in Sac. but the price in about the same, give or take $20.

MAB1025
01-20-2006, 04:45 PM
I paid about as much for my Clifford set up. An alarm is only as good as the installation.

I disagree... An alarm is only a theft deterrent. If they really want your car or your things they will get it. No matter how well the installation went.

Anways the place I am talking about is ASP in Daly City. I got my Clifford 10.5x with an auxillary prox sensor installed for $500 otd. I'll talk to them today to find out actual cost.

warpspeed
01-20-2006, 04:55 PM

I disagree... An alarm is only a theft deterrent. If they really want your car or your things they will get it. No matter how well the installation went.

Anways the place I am talking about is ASP in Daly City. I got my Clifford 10.5x with an auxillary prox sensor installed for $500 otd. I'll talk to them today to find out actual cost.

I believe ZK was speaking about how well the alarm works and not going off and causing havoc on your electrical system. I believe everyone here knows that an alarm is just a deterrent and will not stop anybody from taking your car. A.S.P is a good shop. They have done a few engine swap for my buddies. :)

wilson1
01-20-2006, 05:02 PM

What is the nuturalsafty?

Any pager?

ZK
01-20-2006, 05:05 PM

It is a theft deterent, right but a properly installed alarm will give a thief a harder time to locate and disable than one slapped in.

I have had a very poor experience with ASP in the past. They charged me a high price on a outdated Clifford alarm. The first two holes they drilled were off and had to put extra holes in to mount the siren. So I got 2 extra holes on my firewall that did not have to be there.

When my car was broken into the thieves easily disabled the alarm by disconnecting my battery. When I installed my backup siren at a different shop they pointed out the mess of wiring that ASP had put in, cheap crimps that easily came apart when tugged at by finger. I actually paid another shop to clean up ASP's install.

I would never shop there again after that experience.

warpspeed
01-20-2006, 05:07 PM

Any pager?

The Compustar has a built in pager. The neutral safety switch is so that if you have the remote start feature and you park it in gear, the car will not remote start.

jbigelow
01-20-2006, 05:12 PM

Any pager?

The Compustar has a built in pager. The neutral safety switch is so that if you have the remote start feature and you park it in gear, the car will not remote start.

warpspeed is correct.

our cars don't have a natural safety. alan fabricates one for the car, so that we can use the remote start on our car without worries.

like i said, if my car was in gear and you tried to remote start it, it would not do so. this is a safety feature.

-john

warpspeed
01-20-2006, 05:18 PM
What's up John! Oh ya, not sure if this is true about the remote start. Before for the remote start, you will have to give Alan one of your keys to "trick" the immobilizer but rumors has it that there is new module where it can my programmed to the chip in the key so they won't have to use your spare key.

EvoRicer
01-20-2006, 06:52 PM
Well When i first got my Evo Late 03, I immediately got a Viper alarm, no pager. 699 OTD w/install...all I can say about Viper is...dont get it. I got the best one out that year without pager and I cant even turn the sensitivity up that high. Make sure when U get an Alarm, that it is really sensitive. I banged my window so hard that I could break it and wont come on...but I do have the shatter thingy. Where if glass shatters my alarm will go off. On different spots on my car as well, if you bang it really hard, it wont even chirp. Also make sure your alarm is so loud, that it is annoying as hell. My viper is not really loud.

Thing to consider:

- Tilt sensor (if cars gets jacked up, alarm goes off)

- Alarm has a back up battery

- Hood and trunk pins (Not the ones that hold your hood down, they are pins where the trunk and hood closes down on, if the hood pops up, the pins pop up as well and the alarm goes off, everyone usually gets one, and a lot of thieves know where to look for the pins, I would get 4, one on each side of the hood and one on each side of the trunk.

Those things are usually an extra 50 bucks from any shop. After getting my alarm, I noticed I made a stupid decision in getting my viper and I did a lot more research on alarms.

jbigelow
01-20-2006, 06:55 PM
What's up John! Oh ya, not sure if this is true about the remote start. Before for the remote start, you will have to give Alan one of your keys to "trick" the immobilizer but rumors has it that there is new module where it can my programmed to the chip in the key so they won't have to use your spare key.

cool

-john

wilson1
01-20-2006, 07:49 PM
So this compustar is the one to get then? :D

LEVIII
01-20-2006, 07:53 PM
I highly advise against going with anything that has remote start.

wilson1
01-20-2006, 08:52 PM

why?

94565EVO
01-20-2006, 09:53 PM
So this compustar is the one to get then? :D

good luck...........but in my opinion its crap. I have one installed in my tahoe with 1/4 mile range. But, it doesn't work more than 10 ft from the car. The paging system doesn't work if the remote is indoors when alarm is activated. Im on my 3rd remote already cus it was so cheaply made.... :cry: good luck :cry:

MarkSAE
01-20-2006, 10:01 PM

why?

Because it would have to bypass the immobilizer in order to be functional. I wonder if the newer alarms are smart enough to only disable the immobilizer only during the remote start.

wilson1
01-20-2006, 10:05 PM

why?

Because it would have to bypass the immobilizer in order to be functional. I wonder if the newer alarms are smart enough to only disable the immobilizer only during the remote start.

Wow, so it's not a good idea. :?

Steiner
01-20-2006, 10:14 PM
I would be all over this but every shop I've gone to refuses to install an alarm system without first installing automatic locks.

MAB1025
01-20-2006, 10:17 PM

It is a theft deterent, right but a properly installed alarm will give a thief a harder time to locate and disable than one slapped in.

I have had a very poor experience with ASP in the past. They charged me a high price on a outdated Clifford alarm. The first two holes they drilled were off and had to put extra holes in to mount the siren. So I got 2 extra holes on my firewall that did not have to be there.

When my car was broken into the thieves easily disabled the alarm by disconnecting my battery. When I installed my backup siren at a different shop they pointed out the mess of wiring that ASP had put in, cheap crimps that easily came apart when tugged at by finger. I actually paid another shop to clean up ASP's install.

I would never shop there again after that experience.

Sorry that you had that kind of experience there. However now the 2 remaining owners are the ones doing the installs. I watched them as they put my alarm in and it was done very professionally. I was once an installer for Motor Music and have seen many alarms go in to cars and ASP did an excellent job in putting mine in.

With any alarm if you disconnect the battery it will shut it down. Hardly and installers fault. That's why they have backup battery sirens.

Anyways for those that are interested let me know.

MAB1025
01-20-2006, 10:22 PM

why?

Not only that but a key would need to be left in the transponder under the dash. I believe that is how it bypasses the immobilizer in the key. That's the only reason why I didn't go with an autostart alarm.

wilson1
01-20-2006, 10:44 PM

why?

Not only that but a key would need to be left in the transponder under the dash. I believe that is how it bypasses the immobilizer in the key. That's the only reason why I didn't go with an autostart alarm.

wow, not a good idea.

Matz
01-20-2006, 11:16 PM
I'm interested to see how the Clifford Matrix 10.5X does with the remote notification. My car is about 300ft from my desk, but since I'm indoors, I wonder if it'll still work. Do you guys know if a company makes a "repeater" to allow the signal to go indoors? I wouldn't mind wiring up some of those. :)

I'm going to attempt to install my 10.5X this weekend, since the ECU+ is on hold. We'll see what happens... MarkSAE posted really great schematics on another thread.

wilson1
01-20-2006, 11:28 PM
dave, u have too much time on your hands. :lol:

Matz
01-20-2006, 11:42 PM
dave, u have too much time on your hands. :lol:

HAH, I wish! With a crazy job and two kids, I just squeeze in as much Evo time as I possibly can. Usually, my projects span several days before they are complete (just look at my gauges that still aren't fully operational). I'm going to do bits and pieces of the alarm at a time. :)

wilson1
01-20-2006, 11:58 PM
u have 2 kids? :shock:

Matz
01-21-2006, 12:16 AM
u have 2 kids? :shock:

Yup. I'm old.

Darwinator
01-21-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm interested as well.

ez76
01-21-2006, 04:20 PM
A word of warning on two-way remotes e.g. Clifford RSX3.5

They suck remote battery big time. You will be replacing your remote's batteries monthly, which is somewhat inconvenient.

Evo8andahalf
01-21-2006, 07:11 PM
for the clifford alarms arent the pager units built cheap and cost like 100 to replace??

wilson1
01-21-2006, 10:03 PM
So the following people is interested?

1. Wilson1
2. Darwinator
3. Toasty ?
4. Lucky
5. CupertinoRedEvoVIII
6. Steiner?

Evo8andahalf
01-22-2006, 01:03 AM
whats the pricing and what alarm did people settle on?

wilson1
01-22-2006, 01:13 AM
We are trying to determine how many members are interested, the best alarm/alarms available at a good price, install by a reputable shop.

As it stands, we have some $ numbers for the compustar, and hopefully, for another comparable alarm system. We are trying to negotiate some more favorable figures, if more members needing a alarm system signup.

Any other suggestions?

Evo8andahalf
01-22-2006, 01:15 AM
my cousin has a friend at autotronics? he mentioned that the clifford alarms are around 500 i think not sure about other ones but i can check to see if he can also set up some sort of group buy

wilson1
01-22-2006, 01:28 AM
Okay guys, so what kind of features do you want? We need to make a list and present it to the dealers for a quote.

warpspeed
01-22-2006, 02:26 AM
I am 95% sure I will get the Compustar and have Alan at Audiomobile do the install since they are a factory authorize dealer. As for features, I will only get that will benefit(practical) for me. Like I said, the remote start is no good for me since I always park in gear.

wilson1
01-22-2006, 02:45 AM
what kind of features /options can you get?

Lucky
01-22-2006, 03:05 AM
I am interested in Compustar as well, of course depending on the price. Wilson here is a link of features for Compustar http://www.compustar.com/security_with_remote_start.htm

~Lucky

wilson1
01-22-2006, 07:58 PM
I am interested in Compustar as well, of course depending on the price. Wilson here is a link of features for Compustar http://www.compustar.com/security_with_remote_start.htm

~Lucky

Thanks ! :D

YankInCali
01-22-2006, 09:59 PM
Whoops! First posted this in Wilson's first thread about the break-in.

Since this terrible act happened to Wilson, I've been checking up on car alarms.

My buddy at Best Buy has the Viper 791xv that they sell. It's a two-way and he said that the range for his FOB varies from a quarter to half a mile and it's battery can last longer than two-months.

Me personally, I don't really want the remote start option, but my buddy said the 791xv can be used a turbo timer (requires the remote start wiring to be in place) so that's a plus.

Goes for about $509.

Hope this info helps peeps decide what they want to do (alarm wise that is) and if there's a group buy, I'd definitely be interested.

LEVIII
01-22-2006, 10:38 PM
You all are right about the auto start and a key having to stay in the car. The key bing there isnt really the worst part since we usally shve the teeth down so even if a theif finds it is worthless. the main thing is the way the key bypasses the need to have a key in the ignition to start. If a theif is good, he will use that to start you car.

If you have remote start on your evo I could steal it within 20 seconds of locating the brain. I mean driving off in it.

If anyone in Sac is intersted, I would be willing to install some alrms for you.

warpspeed
01-23-2006, 04:17 AM
If you have remote start on your evo I could steal it within 20 seconds of locating the brain. I mean driving off in it.

If anyone in Sac is intersted, I would be willing to install some alrms for you.

Actually you can't. The way the remote start works is this way:

1. Remote start---car starts and deactivate the ignition kill in the brain

2. Within the allotted time, the key must be put in the ignition and turn to start to fully deactivate the ignition kill. If not, the car will turn off.
Even though you find the brain, how can you steal the car without the key because the steering wheel would be in the lock position?

I done installs to but warranty wise the company will not warranty a product if installed by a non-qualified installer. If something goes wrong, the company can blame it on the installation. I rather spend the extra money, especially on my Evo for a factory backed alarm system.

LEVIII
01-23-2006, 09:24 AM
I will use the key or bypass that is in the car and ground the right wire and start it with a phillips screwdriver. Then break the steering lock. Then drive away.

I dont mean steal it when it remote started.

I have been installing professionally for over 6 years now

panem
01-29-2006, 11:12 PM

same here
+2^

put me in as
7.Panem

what alarm system are we going to get for the group buy?

wilson1
01-29-2006, 11:34 PM

same here
+2^

put me in as
7.Panem

what alarm system are we going to get for the group buy?

any suggestions?

MAB1025
01-29-2006, 11:42 PM
Hi all...

I can get a Clifford 10.5x with Proximity Sensor Installed for $500 OTD.
Can be less if more than 5 people have them done.

Install Includes the following:

2 Way Alarm with LED Display
Turbo Timer Relay if needed
Hood and Trunk Protection
Locks programmed with alarm ( standard )
Domelight supervision
Proximity Sensor

Can add more features at additional cost.

Let me know if interested!

nut_tool
01-30-2006, 12:36 AM
I'm interested too, but I'm not sure which one I want yet. I don't need all the frills of remote start and trunk opening, etc...

LEVIII
01-30-2006, 09:38 AM
May I also suggest not going with a proximity sensor. Those are really aimed toward convertibles and jeeps with no tops so people don reach in. Poxs are very tempramental, and rain and tree branches in the wind can set them off. The less falses your alarm gives, the more you will quickly check on the car when it does make sound.

We had a customer who had bought an alarm and added everything he could to it. After about a year and a half everything got ripped off from his truck, why, cause he said with all the options he adde he would get AT LEAST on false alarm a day, and after so long it was expected to go off. SO on a kinda windy stormy night his alarm goes off, he disarms, waits a minute, rearms and the open trigger chirps. He goes out side and all the audio stuff is gone.

MAB1025
01-30-2006, 10:48 AM
May I also suggest not going with a proximity sensor. Those are really aimed toward convertibles and jeeps with no tops so people don reach in. Poxs are very tempramental, and rain and tree branches in the wind can set them off. The less falses your alarm gives, the more you will quickly check on the car when it does make sound.

We had a customer who had bought an alarm and added everything he could to it. After about a year and a half everything got ripped off from his truck, why, cause he said with all the options he adde he would get AT LEAST on false alarm a day, and after so long it was expected to go off. SO on a kinda windy stormy night his alarm goes off, he disarms, waits a minute, rearms and the open trigger chirps. He goes out side and all the audio stuff is gone.

The guy probably had his prox set to sensitive. My prox is only triggered when you get too close to the car. Rain and tree branches and such doesn't set it off.

In reagards to the falses.... On a 2 way alarm it will show you on the remote which sensor went over. If a walker passin by sets off the prox you'll be notified by a short beep and a number notifying you which sensor was set off. However if someone breaks the glass and sets off your alarm it'll beep like crazy to let you know.

CupertinoRedEvoVIII
01-31-2006, 03:34 PM
I will perfer the compustar cuz it sounds pretty good. I will not get the clifford cuz i have bad experience with that before.

b0yw0nder
02-01-2006, 10:29 PM
put me down for it....spending money on wheels and ahve been looking for some extra protection

BigEd925
02-02-2006, 09:58 PM
Count me in on the alarm buy

wilson1
02-02-2006, 10:07 PM
done!

panem
02-02-2006, 10:30 PM
so wilson, did you think of any alarm that were going for yet?

wilson1
02-02-2006, 10:34 PM
do you guys want compustar or clifford?

panem
02-02-2006, 11:16 PM
well i've been hearing people having problems with clifford lately. i kinda dont want to take that route.

YankInCali
02-03-2006, 01:15 AM
Sounds like lotsa people having trouble with the Cliffords. I vote Compustar.

Oh and put me down on the list as a maybe for now.

toasty
02-03-2006, 10:54 AM
BTW, where is the alarm being installed at?
How much?
What model, and brand - sounds like CompuStar is good.
I dont want to spend too much, perfer to be under $500 OTD.

Let me know, before saying yes or no.

:)

warpspeed
02-03-2006, 12:19 PM
I heard that also about Clifford alarms being problematic but again it could be in installer/installation. As for the price, Alan at AudioMobile do carry a lesser and inexpensive Compustar. So it all depends on what kind of bells and whistle you want.

toasty
02-03-2006, 12:37 PM
So I assume this here is a good product and the latest version?
2W900FM-AS (alarm with remote start)

Link: http://www.lockdownsecurity.ca/Lockdown2/compustar_products.htm

warpspeed
02-04-2006, 01:59 AM

Actually their latest one is the 2WSS which they say has 6000' range.

http://www.compustar.org/remote_start.htm

jbigelow
02-04-2006, 08:28 AM
i've had the compustar 2wss on my evo since day one on my car for almost 2 and a half years now. no problems with the alarm whatsoever. had it installed by alan at audiomobile.

i had five alarms installed by alan at audiomobile.

highly recommended if you want a quality installation and superb customer service.

-john

warpspeed
02-04-2006, 09:46 AM
i've had the compustar 2wss on my evo since day one on my car for almost 2 and a half years now. no problems with the alarm whatsoever. had it installed by alan at audiomobile.

highly recommended if you want a quality installation and superb customer service.

-john

Ya, Alan told me that story :wink:

jbigelow
02-05-2006, 01:09 AM

-john

Ya, Alan told me that story :wink:

LOL :shock: :lol:

b0yw0nder
02-05-2006, 04:18 PM
so whats the word on this? are we close to getting something going?

500OTD would be awesome but I am sure that we can get better. If as many people say they are interested and actually follow through, some installer should be able to give us a sweet ace'd deal.

what models are we looking at? I have a contact that may blow us off because he'd be too expensive, but he might have a good recommendation.

additionally, are we looking at one with turbo timer/car starter?

warpspeed
02-05-2006, 04:29 PM
When I went to AudioMobile and talked to Alan to get a Compustar installed, (couldn't wait for the group buy) I saw on his appointment calender that he had us (Norcalevo) marked down as "group buy" already :D . Now as far as the price, like I said it all depends on what bells and whistle you want. Also you don't really have to go with Compustar, they sell other alarms systems that has remote start for a "group buy" price. Keep in mind guys/gals, if you are just getting the basic setup, prepare for a half-day install. I was there for @ 6hrs. for all stuff I had put on. :wink:

wilson1
02-05-2006, 05:00 PM
So Alan is the only one around here that installs compustar?

warpspeed
02-06-2006, 02:19 AM
So Alan is the only one around here that installs compustar?
No. There are about 4-5 certified and authorized installers in norcal. AudioMobile was the closest to me so I went there. There is a shop in Sacramento also but no group buy price just regular price. If you go to www.compustar.org and email customer service, they will give you a list of authorized Compustar dealer/installer.

Noel

toasty
02-06-2006, 11:48 AM
For me I just want a standard install with only a remote start, I just install a Greddy Turbo Timer in my car this weekend.
Would be nice to have a local shop in my area, (San Mateo) or course, but if there is no choice then I have to consider. :)

nut_tool
02-17-2006, 04:19 AM
Is this thing still going or is it dead?

BigEd925
02-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Hey guys,

Just checked out Custom Car Alarms in Pleasant hill last week for a GB on alarms. This is what they quoted for me.

280$ - Clifford Intelliguard 750
85$ - Clifford Smart Back up Battery Siren
95$ - Clifford Digital tilt sensor
80$ -DEI remote adjustable prox sensor
90$ Clifford Intellistart 4
29.75$ DEI Transponder Bypass module

Labor 390

Total OTD = 840$. reg price would be around 1000 :shock:

Very pricey I personally want to go with a compustar.

wilson1
02-20-2006, 11:20 AM
:shock:

looks liked we have to ask Alan for a good price on the compustar.

BigEd925
02-21-2006, 11:31 AM
has anyone made contact with Alan bout the compustar. Im ready to get my alarm sooner then later.

warpspeed
02-21-2006, 11:32 AM
You guys should hurry up because his wife is due with the baby. But Boe, the other installer is great guy to do the install also.

jbigelow
02-21-2006, 12:10 PM
i'm telling you guys....the compustar is the way to go.

alan at audiomobile is a compustar/clifford dealer and has other alarms also.

he is very reasonably priced and his customer service is second to none. if anything is wrong with anything, he takes care of you on the spot!!!!!!

shoot, his shop doesn't even hide your car when doing the install.

hit him up, you won't regret it. everyone i know that has their car done is very satisfied. just ask warpspeed and myself.

audiomobile - 510-839-1992

-jbigs

panem
02-21-2006, 12:51 PM
ok someone talk to alan now...

wilson1
02-21-2006, 02:21 PM
John, their tel # is 839-1992.

Okay guys, i called Bo @ Audiomobile as Alan is not around, and he will be sending over to me by tomorrow at the latest the pricing for our members. So whose names are on the signup list will be getting a PM from me as soon as i receive the information. :D

wilson1
02-21-2006, 02:29 PM
Btw, anyone else who wants pricing or be added to the list please post up or let me know. :D

toasty
02-21-2006, 03:56 PM
Btw, anyone else who wants pricing or be added to the list please post up or let me know. :D
Did you get me wilson? A listing of the price for the install and the alarm.

nut_tool
02-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Wilson, add me to the list too.

wilson1
02-21-2006, 07:10 PM
names added!

Liquid-R1
02-21-2006, 07:22 PM
wilson, please add me to the list as well. Thanks!

VOD
02-21-2006, 07:32 PM
well i would like to know the price but am interseted

wilson1
02-21-2006, 07:40 PM
wilson, please add me to the list as well. Thanks!

done!

wilson1
02-21-2006, 07:41 PM
well i would like to know the price but am interseted

NP !

wilson1
02-22-2006, 01:40 AM
Info just came in. All pms sent to interested parties. :D

Liquid-R1
02-22-2006, 10:57 AM
So, I contacted the Alarm place to ask about the spare key being required on the remote start. It looks like they take the key and put in the the alarm module.

Anyways, my question is, I called the dealer (mistake) to see about getting a replacement key. They quoted like $50-60 bucks for just the key. In addition, they quoted $100 to program it to the car. Is that correct? Can we program the key ourselves? Also, anybody have a good source for a cheaper key?

Edit: I did a little checking, and it seems that you can program a 3rd key as long as you have 2 already. The important thing here is you need 2 keys already programmed into your car. If you have 1 key, you can't program a 3rd. You can program it yourself, so all you need to do is buy the key and get it cut first. So, if you're planning to do the remote start, you might want to get a 3rd key and program it to you car before they put the 2nd one in your car...

pr0file
02-22-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm curious about the pricing, PM me, please :)

c.mo
02-22-2006, 01:54 PM
I think I posted in here before about this. I'm interested on the pricing as well. Thanks Wilson!

drunk monkey
02-22-2006, 02:03 PM
wilson add me to the list as well.

warpspeed
02-22-2006, 02:21 PM
So, I contacted the Alarm place to ask about the spare key being required on the remote start. It looks like they take the key and put in the the alarm module.

If you can wait a little longer for the remote start, I heard that Compustar is coming out with a module where it can bypass the immobilizer and you don't need the extra key in the car. :D.........I myself is waiting.

wilson1
02-22-2006, 02:30 PM
I'm curious about the pricing, PM me, please :)

done! :D

wilson1
02-22-2006, 02:31 PM
I think I posted in here before about this. I'm interested on the pricing as well. Thanks Wilson!
done! :D

wilson1
02-22-2006, 02:33 PM
wilson add me to the list as well.

done!
PM sent as well! :D

evodragon915
02-22-2006, 03:25 PM
I guess anything can happen to our evos, and ever since my car got broken into last night, causing thousands of dollars in vehicle damage along with thousands in personal belongings gone, iwe really need to get a alarm into the evo to be prepared for the unexpected. I guess if they reallly wanted our evos, they will get it. At least it would be somewhat of a deterent.

Any suggestions as to which system to get, which shop to go to, and if we can get a group going in, hopefully , some awesome pricing too!

Okay guys, since most members preferred Compustar, i called Audiomobile today, 02-21-06.
I spoke with Bo @ Audiomobile as Alan is not around, and he has sent over to me the pricing for our members. So whose names are on the signup list should have gotten a PM from me !:D
Whomever wants to be added or findout about the pricing please let me know! :D

1. Wilson1
2. Darwinator
3. Toasty
4. b0yw0nder
5. CupertinoRedEvoVIII
6. Steiner? (no power lock)
7. Panem
8. BigEd925
9. YankInCali, (within a few months)
10.nut-tool
11.Liquid-R1
12.VOD, (wants pricing)
13.prOfile
14.c.mo
15.drunk monkey

16. evodragon915

thank you

Liquid-R1
02-22-2006, 04:50 PM

Actually their latest one is the 2WSS which they say has 6000' range.

http://www.compustar.org/remote_start.htm

Actually, that's untrue. The 900FM is actually the latest model. Yes, the range is half but it's the newer model. My understanding is that the 2Wss has a bigger remote that ate up batteries. A lot of people were complaining about this, so they created the 2W900FM.

wilson1
02-22-2006, 05:41 PM
16. evodragon915

thank you

Done, you got pm! :D

b0yw0nder
02-22-2006, 06:47 PM
So....which model are we looking at getting here?

Second, I also wnat to know about the requirement for the second key. As far as I understood, there are pass-through modules that mean you don't have to basically hide a key in your dash. Not sure if I dig the idea that someone could bust through my dash and grab a key that gives them full access to my vehicle?

evolution888
02-22-2006, 06:57 PM
Please PM me the pricing info. Thanks.

rexorz
02-22-2006, 11:37 PM
i have a clifford rsx 3.5 that i just need installed. anything you can do for just install?

wilson1
02-22-2006, 11:52 PM
Please PM me the pricing info. Thanks.

done!

wilson1
02-22-2006, 11:55 PM

Second, I also wnat to know about the requirement for the second key. As far as I understood, there are pass-through modules that mean you don't have to basically hide a key in your dash. Not sure if I dig the idea that someone could bust through my dash and grab a key that gives them full access to my vehicle?

You just pick which version and options .
I agree with the key thingy, kinda risky.

wilson1
02-22-2006, 11:59 PM
okay guys, what do you think of those prices? I just want to make sure we get the best discounts.

wilson1
02-23-2006, 12:26 AM
Here are some more additional info that i got from Bo.

the address is 307 11th street oakland, ca 94606
510-839-1992

Each car will take about 3-5hrs depending on what options they want. the option prices listed are for same day installs only(before installation). Option prices will increase after installation if needed.
Turbo timer prices are for:
1. $50- for use of internal built-in turbo timer
2. $100- if already have after market turbo timer installed, and needs to bypass (to be able to arm/disarm while engine running).
3. $150- if have a after market turbo timer that needs to be installed and bypassed.

This can be done as soon as I get the information on how many people are interested and the names of the people. That way I can plan ahead and schedule the clients. They can reach me at Audiomobile (510)839-1992 to schedule an appointment.
FYI: I will be able to take on 2-3 cars per day

Thanks,
Bo

Liquid-R1
02-23-2006, 01:08 AM

I called the guys over there today to set up an appointment. From my understand, at this time, they do require a second key to be in the car. So, I'm picking up a key tomorrow and getting it cut. I will them program the 3rd key before one of them goes in. That way, I still have a backup.

b0yw0nder
02-23-2006, 09:24 AM
wilson, that makes a lot of sense with respect to the turbo timer now....

however, do you need to add the 100dollar neutral safety switch as well?

pr0file
02-23-2006, 11:23 AM
wilson, that makes a lot of sense with respect to the turbo timer now....

however, do you need to add the 100dollar neutral safety switch as well?
I was wondering about that also... :)

jbigelow
02-23-2006, 11:44 AM
you need the nuetral safety switch.

our cars do not come with that and they fabricate it themselves.

that is the key to having remote start with a manual transmission.

whenever the car is in gear, it will never remote start.

-john

pr0file
02-23-2006, 12:34 PM

-john
So you need the neutral safety switch with the turbo timer? That's what I'm interested in...TIA :)

Liquid-R1
02-23-2006, 12:58 PM

-john

That's incorrect. You do NOT need the safety switch. The Compustar has a build in measure to ensure that you are not in gear. Basically, you have to pull the hand brake, let off the reg brake, and remove the key. When you exit the car and close the door, the doors will lock activating "reservation" mode, at which point, it shuts off the engine (unless you are using the TT.) Then you can auto start. If you open a door or whatever, it will not let you activate the auto-start. It's basically ensuring the gear is in neatral when you exit the car.

toasty
02-23-2006, 04:11 PM
I'm going with Nutual Safty switch and TT bypass, but could the bypass be $50 less, I think $100 for bypass is a bit much.
I'm actually thinking just to get the alarm only. Because of the spare key has to be dismantled.

If I decide to get the system w/o the remote start I can save myself the Nutural Safty switch and the tt bypass, which that is $305 saved.

With remote start is $500 which you have to get the Nutural Safty Switch and the TT bypass, that is like additional $200, which total to about $700.

Without remote start is $395, now I'm not sure if the bypass for the TT is needed for a standard alarm.

Can I actaully get a spare key from SRM or any dealership as a 3rd key? I like to have a spare around.

b0yw0nder
02-23-2006, 05:08 PM
in my opinion, the neutral safety switch SHOULD be included in the price of the remote start/alarm....if you need it, it shouldn't be an option that is 100bucks.

second, 50bucks for the TT inside the turbo timer? why? its just a function in the alarm/remote to tell it to run for 2 minutes, there aren't any extra hookups if the remote start has already been done.

Liquid-R1
02-23-2006, 06:35 PM
I'm going with Nutual Safty switch and TT bypass, but could the bypass be $50 less, I think $100 for bypass is a bit much.
I'm actually thinking just to get the alarm only. Because of the spare key has to be dismantled.

If I decide to get the system w/o the remote start I can save myself the Nutural Safty switch and the tt bypass, which that is $305 saved.

With remote start is $500 which you have to get the Nutural Safty Switch and the TT bypass, that is like additional $200, which total to about $700.

Without remote start is $395, now I'm not sure if the bypass for the TT is needed for a standard alarm.

Can I actaully get a spare key from SRM or any dealership as a 3rd key? I like to have a spare around.

Interestly, it's cheaper to just have them install the TT built into the alarm. Then you don't need the bypass for your own TT. THe alarm will activate and keep the car running. So, if you want to save $50, just use the built in one and sell your aftermarket one.

You can go to the dealer and get the key. I just picked one up since I am getting the alarm installed Sat. I'll get it cut tonight and then program it
Once I verify it, I'll shave the key down so it can't be used to turn the ignition.

Liquid-R1
02-23-2006, 06:39 PM
in my opinion, the neutral safety switch SHOULD be included in the price of the remote start/alarm....if you need it, it shouldn't be an option that is 100bucks.

second, 50bucks for the TT inside the turbo timer? why? its just a function in the alarm/remote to tell it to run for 2 minutes, there aren't any extra hookups if the remote start has already been done.

You don't need the Nutual safety switch. It's an additional layer of protection, but the Compustar has a built in method to ensure that your car is in neutral to use the Autostart feature. It basically forces you to exit the car while it is running. Once you exit, the car locks the doors and turns off the engine. However, if someone is in there or you have a convertable, someone could theoritically put the car in gear inside. In which case, if you started it, you would be screwed.

I saw the manual for the installation manual posted for the 2WSS somewhere, I'll look it up to see if it's addition work on the TT feature.

jbigelow
02-23-2006, 06:44 PM

You don't need the Nutual safety switch. It's an additional layer of protection, but the Compustar has a built in method to ensure that your car is in neutral to use the Autostart feature. It basically forces you to exit the car while it is running. Once you exit, the car locks the doors and turns off the engine. However, if someone is in there or you have a convertable, someone could theoritically put the car in gear inside. In which case, if you started it, you would be screwed.

I saw the manual for the installation manual posted for the 2WSS somewhere, I'll look it up to see if it's addition work on the TT feature.

liquid r-1,

you don't need it, but as you have said, it is another layer of protection just in case someone plays with the gears when the car is in nuetral. you wouldn;t want your car in gear and start, would you?

oh yeah.

had the compustar for 3 years now installed by alan and bo.

no problems whatsoever.

very satisfied.

-jbigs

Liquid-R1
02-23-2006, 07:29 PM
liquid r-1,

you don't need it, but as you have said, it is another layer of protection just in case someone plays with the gears when the car is in nuetral. you wouldn;t want your car in gear and start, would you?

Agreed, however the system is pretty fool proof. Don't leave anyone in the car and set the Reservation mode. Even if you went back to your car after the Reservation mode was set, the alarm will disable remote start because you went into you car.

I'm letting people know their options. It's $100, and for me personally, I don't need it. I don't plan on leaving people or pets in the car and setting the Reservation mode anyway. That's $100 I can use towards other options. It's up to the individual person to determine whether they feel that want that feature installed.

I'm just saying that it's not required. IN addition, there are some safety measures included in the alarm itself. I'm scheduled to go in Sat. to mine installed!

b0yw0nder
02-24-2006, 11:29 AM
yo guys...put a pause on this for a second, the second opinions i'm getting are sayin the price is ridiculous...

lemme get the whole word on it...i'll try to post back by monday afternoon.

toasty
02-24-2006, 12:42 PM
yo guys...put a pause on this for a second, the second opinions i'm getting are sayin the price is ridiculous...

+1
I think the price for a TT bypass is too pricey, for those who like the aftermarket TT would like to keep there system. Yes, I could sell the aftermarket one, but that is much hassle. Plus, the bypass is $100... couldnt it be $50 less. I know people make a living doing this stuff but I think it is a robbery on the price for bypass a TT for an existing TT. Sorry, just complaining about the TT bypass price.

:D

BTW, what models do you have in stock? What version?

EvoRicer
02-24-2006, 01:33 PM

EvoRicer
02-24-2006, 02:26 PM
Ok I just talked to Bo. He told me that They STOCK ALL Compustar Models.

About the Turbo Timer. He said if you have an After Market Turbo Timer, those would be better than the Built in Turbo Timer. With the Built in Turbo Timer, you have to go through a sequence before the Turbo timer is Activated. Max time it allows is 1 minute. Sorry I edited my posts...hahaha. I didn't read some of the descriptions. Lol.

EvoRicer
02-24-2006, 02:34 PM

Liquid-R1
02-24-2006, 03:07 PM
Ok I just talked to Bo. He told me that They STOCK ALL Compustar Models.

About the Turbo Timer. He said if you have an After Market Turbo Timer, those would be better than the Built in Turbo Timer. With the Built in Turbo Timer, you have to go through a sequence before the Turbo timer is Activated. Max time it allows is 1 minute. Sorry I edited my posts...hahaha. I didn't read some of the descriptions. Lol.

Weird. According to the manual, the built-in TT is 2 minutes. As for a sequence, All you have to do is activate it via the FOB. Once that's set tho, it activates the TT everytime. If you don't want it, you turn it off via FOB. The sequence he could be referring to is "reservation" mode which is to let you auto-start a manual car....

jbigelow
02-24-2006, 04:37 PM
turbo timer for my 2wss is 2min

-john

toasty
02-24-2006, 05:05 PM
So, aftermarket TT is okay, great :D
So, the timing is for max 1 minute? So, if I set the timing on my aftermarket TT for 8 minutes then that a no go or what? Just wondering, mind as well ask all the question before I invest in a alarm that might not make good on the aftermarket TT.

:oops:

drunk monkey
02-24-2006, 05:12 PM
can we also get pricing for just install of compustar alarms? cuz i may just buy mine seperate.

Carlo

EvoRicer
02-24-2006, 06:06 PM
So, the timing is for max 1 minute? So, if I set the timing on my aftermarket TT for 8 minutes then that a no go or what? Just wondering, mind as well ask all the question before I invest in a alarm that might not make good on the aftermarket TT.

Ok If you are keeping your aftermarket Turbo Timer, thats fine. You can set the Timer for whatever you want.

The Bypass works with your Turbo Timer, if your car was on and you were outside of your car, you can lock and unlock the car while it is still running.

toasty
02-24-2006, 06:13 PM

Ok If you are keeping your aftermarket Turbo Timer, thats fine. You can set the Timer for whatever you want.

The Bypass works with your Turbo Timer, if your car was on and you were outside of your car, you can lock and unlock the car while it is still running.
Cool thanks, no more questions :D

wilson1
02-24-2006, 07:13 PM
can we also get pricing for just install of compustar alarms? cuz i may just buy mine seperate.

Carlo

Hey Carlo,

Just call them and ask for the install price.

wilson1
02-24-2006, 07:14 PM

PLease let us know asap!

pr0file
02-25-2006, 06:53 PM

Any news on this? :)

Liquid-R1
02-25-2006, 06:57 PM
So, I went in today to have the alarm installed. Bao and his team were on hand when I came by around 9:45. They immediately got to work on the alarm with 2 guys doing the install. Total time was around 6 hours. I had the 900FM with Remote start installed. Also had the truck release and TT installed. Everything works GREAT. They did an awesome job on the installation configuring it how I requested. As mentioned before, they have no problems with you watching the install. They are careful and take their time to do it right. I'm very satisfied w/ the service. Thanks Audiosound!

Even with the 1/2mile version, I can control everything from the underground parking to the 3rd floor. Concrete on each floor. I'm quite satisfied with the results and the VERY clean install.

wilson1
02-25-2006, 07:07 PM
So, I went in today to have the alarm installed. Bao and his team were on hand when I came by around 9:45. They immediately got to work on the alarm with 2 guys doing the install. Total time was around 6 hours. I had the 900FM with Remote start installed. Also had the truck release and TT installed. Everything works GREAT. They did an awesome job on the installation configuring it how I requested. As mentioned before, they have no problems with you watching the install. They are careful and take their time to do it right. I'm very satisfied w/ the service. Thanks Audiosound!

Even with the 1/2mile version, I can control everything from the underground parking to the 3rd floor. Concrete on each floor. I'm quite satisfied with the results and the VERY clean install.

Sounds good!
Please give us updated feedbacks on your system!

jbigelow
02-25-2006, 08:25 PM

good to see they took care of you!!!!!! AUDIOMOBILE that is!!!! ;)

DJMic0
02-26-2006, 03:09 AM
Yo, John and I know that AudioMobile knows what they are doing. It's not just their job, it their hobby and life. I will garantee you satifaction 110%. I knew the owners and the workers since I was 16. I drop by time to time when ever I could and everytime there's something new that they have done to their cars that just amazes me. AudioMobile is just top notch and their work is just unbelievable.

Liquid-R1
02-26-2006, 12:15 PM
Sounds good!
Please give us updated feedbacks on your system!

So, I played with the system a little more last night. Bao hooked up the locks to autolock and unlock as well. When I pull the parking brake up, the doors unlock and when I put it down, they re-lock.

In addition, he showed me how to control the built in TT. Basically, I leave it always active via the remote. If I want to use it, when I leave, I don't hold the brake when I remove the key. This leaves on the TT. If I don't want it on, I can hold down the brake when removing the key and it shuts down.

The remote start works great. Basically, I can now warm up the engine in the morning. The remote on the 900FM also has a clock/timer. When I activate remote start, it shows a countdown of how much longer the engine will stay on before shutting down. It's set for 15 minutes. I think you can request for them to set it for 25, but I'm not sure. This also appies to the TT. It shows a countdown of 2 minutes on the remote itself. When I get to my car, I simply deactivate the alarm and input the key to the ON postition and take off. IF I press the brake before I put in the key, the car shuts down.

Lastly, if you plan on getting the remote start, make sure you have them file down the key after they confirm the chip works. Basically, if someone did grab the key, you wouldn't be able to start the car with it.

Let me know if you want any other details. As before, very satisfied with the work down by these guys!

DJMic0
02-26-2006, 03:25 PM
I'm glad you are satified. The price you pay is definitely worth the input they will put into you car.

Liquid-R1
02-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Ok, so another update. I was playing with the range today since it seems as I was only getting range in certain parts of my condo. Orginally, the guys at Audiomobile had placed the antenna in the middle of the windshield right behind the black dots. I talked with Audiomobile and we agreed to place it in the center as is wasn't in plain site and partially covered behind the dots. In the manual, however, it states to place the antenna on the left hand side. Anyways, I tried placing it on the left hand side and now I get reception all over my condo!

Now, to be honest, I don't know if it truely made a difference yet. It could be the weather or the angle I parked into my parking space (It's a permanent spot however.) I'll let you know in a couple days as I play with it more. However, if you find you are on the fringe area for reception, you may want to try moving the antenna to the left hand side as stated in the manual.

Lastly, I had the trunk remote installed as well. Be aware the motor is integrated into the trunk. As a result the trunk is now heavier. No problems with it unlatching. But be aware when you close the trunk, it slams shut a little harder. Also, as an example to details, they covered up the area where the motor is mounted with some material like a patch. It cleans it up a bit so you don't see the motor just hanging there. Also, when you do the trunk release the alarm gets deactivated and all the doors unlock as well.

wilson1
02-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Sounds good!
Please post and give us further feedback as you see fit.

b0yw0nder
02-26-2006, 11:39 PM
has anyone called audiomobile to see what the "regular" price would be?

i should find out tomorrow what the word is on that pricing....

Liquid-R1
02-27-2006, 04:38 PM
OK. So today is an update on the remote.

1st off, the 900FM comes with a 2nd remote. It's just a basic one. No display, 1-way with basic functions. I think it's got lock/unlock and trunk release and something else. I haven't tested the range yet and whether it will interact with the main remote (i.e. if you disarm the alarm w/ the 2ndary, will the main display show it.)

Now, onto the main unit. The main unit has 4 buttons. Depending on the combination of buttons pressed or how long you press them, determines the function. The trunk release and the Remote start are a 1 button press, but you have to hold it for a couple seconds. This is a good feature so you don't accidentally start the car or open the trunk accidentally. Other features such as Valet Mode, Panic Mode, and Turbo Mode etc are multiple key presses. The main problem I have with the FOB so far is that I can’t seem to find a memory retention feature. Basically something that shows me when the alarm went off and what sensor was triggered. My old alarm for my motorcycle had this, so if I wasn’t around, I could still see if someone was messing with my bike. The biggest problem though is that it doesn’t display what trigger went off long enough. The one time it went off, by the time I pulled the FOB out, the warning had ended and I had no clue as to what trigger when off. Now, maybe it varies the time on how long it shows, but the one time I tried to see it, I apparently took too long. I’ll play with it more, but setting off the alarm in the underground garage isn’t fun. The alarm is quite loud though, which is a good thing. Anyways, I’m back to fiddling with it some more.

warpspeed
02-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Wow, I thought I was only one having problem/s with the range of the Compustar. I have the 2WSS and in my situation it seems like after turn off the alarm and activating it(via after driving, parking and arming) it loses the frequency and it would have to "find" it again. I too played around with the position of the antenna but that didn't make any difference and I didn't like it showing through the windshield. Anyway when I arm my system, I would have to press the button a few times and then it arms. Then after that I would have to play around with the buttons for all the features to activate/deactivate and once it "gets" the frequencies then I can arm/disarm with no problem. Like I said, it seems like it loses the frequencies after driving the car. Maybe I need a new receiver/antenna.

pr0file
02-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Did you guys get the windows up/down feature? I had this on my Celica and it was very helpful...I called and asked how much it was to install and it was $125/150 for 2 windows :( More money... :(

Liquid-R1
02-27-2006, 07:33 PM
warpspeed, no problems getting the FOB and alarm to "sync" up. But I have the 900FM version however. Just the range. I fixed it now and seem to have no problems. Perhaps you should re-program it?

pr0file, I didn't but I thought about. I can always go back later if I want to add it on.

warpspeed
02-27-2006, 07:45 PM
warpspeed, no problems getting the FOB and alarm to "sync" up. But I have the 900FM version however. Just the range. I fixed it now and seem to have no problems. Perhaps you should re-program it?

pr0file, I didn't but I thought about. I can always go back later if I want to add it on.

Ya I did that a few times and it seems to work okay now but never tried if I can really get that 1 1/4 mile range on this though. I don't think I can even see the car 1 1/4 miles away from me :lol:. The reason I got the 2WSS was the price the Alan gave me and also I figure with the so called 1 1/4 mile range, I could get better reception at a closer range.

Pr0file.........I was going to get those windows feature too but like you said........more money. :cry:

jbigelow
02-27-2006, 09:39 PM
yeah, i paid a grip for all the bells and whistles of my 2wss. but i have never had any problems with my alarm. if i had any questions or concerns, the staff at audiomobile would attend to me or fix it on the spot.

-jbigs

pr0file
03-02-2006, 03:43 PM

Any new news b0yw0nder? Just wondering, I'm have an appointment this Saturday and I would like to have all the necessary info :)

b0yw0nder
03-04-2006, 05:10 PM
the opinion I obtained on audiomobile and their price is pretty bias and therefore I will not post it

however, I will be going with someone else. but otherwise I would have gone with the group buy.

toasty
03-06-2006, 01:26 PM
What is the groupbuy pricing versus non-groupbuy? Just wondering? Also, how long does this groupbuy price last?

Lurk
03-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Is this groupbuy still going on? Well doesn't matter either way since I know Bao, David and Alan. Very professional installs. You def get what you pay for.

wilson1
04-11-2006, 09:55 PM
any other feedbacks from the members that has taken advantage of this deal?

EvoRicer
04-11-2006, 10:08 PM
How is the Sensitivity with the alarm? Does it go off if Tap an area of the car? On my old alarm, I would have to beat the windows pretty hard to make it chirp and then go off. Also on some areas like the rear bumper and quater panel, I would have to give it a good dent beating for it to go off...it was a crappy viper alarm...Im looking for something that will set the alarm off by just a car driving by...hahaha.

Evo8andahalf
04-11-2006, 10:25 PM
possible to still get these prices if we went in to the shop?

onesicklambo
04-11-2006, 10:28 PM
i just got this alarm(ebay) :lol: I have heard many good things about it. When I hook it up ill post a review :peace:

EvoRicer
04-11-2006, 10:42 PM
i just got this alarm(ebay) :lol: I have heard many good things about it. When I hook it up ill post a review :peace:

What other stuff did you get? just the alarm? who's installing it for you?

onesicklambo
04-11-2006, 10:49 PM

What other stuff did you get? just the alarm? who's installing it for you?
i work at a stereo shop so ill be installing it myself :wink: its the alarm remote start combo. Only reason im getting the remote start model is so i can use the built in turbo timer.

evolyphics8
05-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Just got my compustar 2WFMAS installed by Allan and Dao. They are very thorough and are perfectionists. Took them about 6 hours while I waited. They install is clean and they did an excellent job! Couldn't be happier!

EvoRicer
05-04-2006, 08:43 PM
How's the sensitivity of the alarm? Does it miss certain areas or the car?

evolyphics8
05-04-2006, 10:36 PM
The sensitivity of the sensors was too sensitive at first then turned down. It tripped when we lightly banged my keys against the window but now its not as bad. I dont have the tilt sensor installed.

wilson1
05-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the info and feedback!
:D

nut_tool
06-14-2006, 12:24 AM
I know this is an old thread, but I finally bit the bullet and got an alarm. Compustar 2 way without remote start but with most of the sensors except proximity. Also none of the extras like trunk pop and window roll down. It was expensive, but I think it was worth it. Audiomobile did the install. Alan was great and everything looks clean. It almost looks like the alarm is not even there. The range is good so far. I can get a signal from my car in the garage 3 floors below me. I'll have to wait and see how good the range is when I am further away in other buildings.

Matz
06-14-2006, 04:15 PM
hey lambo, when you do it, would you mind marking the FSM pages so I can compare them to mine? I still haven't done the installation because I lost all of my momentum... I had a bit of trouble finding a couple of the lines that I needed to tap. Thanks!

onesicklambo
06-14-2006, 07:46 PM
^ whats FSM? Ill try and post a How-to..but im kinda impatient to take pics while I install lol. What wires are you having trouble finding? Also anyone that buys the remote start If they plan on doing it themselves will need a remote start bypass module(i.e DEI 556u)

Matz
06-14-2006, 10:29 PM
^ whats FSM? Ill try and post a How-to..but im kinda impatient to take pics while I install lol. What wires are you having trouble finding? Also anyone that buys the remote start If they plan on doing it themselves will need a remote start bypass module(i.e DEI 556u)

FSM = Field Service Manual

It's been a while since I first worked on it, so I'll have to go back and figure out what I'm missing.

06IXMR
11-02-2006, 12:34 PM
This still open?

wilson1
11-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Humm,, is anyone interested?

awdaddict
11-02-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm interested
So is this still going on?
PM me or post more info if possible.

Thank you.

06IXMR
11-03-2006, 11:05 AM
I went there yday. The prices seem cheap enough. I just wanted to make sure to shop around so, I don't blow 400+ just in one spot lol =x Like i did with 31k haha.

straylight9
10-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Just FYI... this is still open for a few more units. Bo at Audiomobile gave me the
NCE discount for the CompuStar... great customer service! I had a 3pm appointment
and when I got there, they started working on my car... none of that "oh you're going
to have to wait as there are 2 cars in front of you". It was a 4 hour install anyway
tho. Plan on a whole day if you want the turbo timer.

Great job... highly recommended!

wilson1
10-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Glad it's all good.

So how's it working out for you , Ken?

straylight9
10-06-2007, 09:58 PM
So far so good, Wilson... the half mile paging system is working just fine!

UCLAevoIX
10-06-2007, 10:16 PM
i haven't read through the whole thread - how much is it for the alarm and install with NCE discount?

straylight9
10-07-2007, 12:34 AM
CompuStar 2 way paging 0.5 mile distance for $275... but I added a lot of extras
and ended up with a little over $800 otd. $200 install was well worth it... 2 guys
worked on it for almost 4 hours.

wilson1
10-07-2007, 10:33 AM
are you turning your car into a fortress?

UCB
10-07-2007, 10:46 AM
JUSt an FYI, this alarm (at least the one I bought) IS A Complete POS

It goes off all the damn time for no reason, the remote works intermitenly, the siren has stopped working :?

wilson1
10-07-2007, 10:48 AM
did you take it back?
Who did you get it installed from?

06IXMR
10-07-2007, 11:07 AM

It goes off all the damn time for no reason, the remote works intermitenly, the siren has stopped working :?

Which did you get? Sytech?

DJMic0
10-07-2007, 11:26 AM
+1 for AudioMobile.They are professional people that knows what they are doing. Plus they are also a certified McIntosh dealer which is pretty hard to come by if you know what I'm talking about.

307 11th Street
Oakland, Ca 94607
510-839-1992

straylight9
10-07-2007, 11:34 AM
are you turning your car into a fortress?

8) Just want to help insure that when I'm at some cheap hotel the night before
an HPDE, that the car and wheels, etc. should be there in the morning.

No armor or flame thrower options as are sometimes needed in Latin America. :)

straylight9
10-07-2007, 11:37 AM

Hmmm... Audiomobile told me I have a life time guarantee so just take it back for
warrantee service. (Life time except for the pager key bob thing: if it was clearly
run over or something... you'd need to buy a new one. But if it looks like it hadn't
been mistreated, it is covered.)

UCB
10-08-2007, 06:39 PM

Which did you get? Sytech?

yah the remote says Scytek, the remote has fake CF, its a POS

awdaddict
10-08-2007, 10:12 PM
anyone has Scytek remote's battery draining problem?

wilson1
10-08-2007, 10:14 PM
it doesn't last all that long