PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Shiv/Full funtion

EVO GRIM
01-22-2006, 11:35 AM
Thanks to the guys at full function for the piper cams instal and the revolver springs/retainers.

Thanks to shiv for the late night tune.
03 turbo w/ 9.8 hot side
Piper ultimate road cams on stock cam gears
xede
Turbo back no cat
spearco intercooler
ams lower int pipe
injen upper int pipe
91oct 76 gas

He made 303 but the torque fell off and settled on this tune
The ecu still had the p2 on it which still had stock boost cut so he couldn't go above 20 psi
Idle is a little rough

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album126/DSC01318.jpg

Stormtrooper
01-22-2006, 12:05 PM
wow nice tune marshall.... you'll have to give me a ride at the next bmw ggc autox.

earlyapex
01-22-2006, 03:11 PM
You made 303 but then detuned it to 290?

Hard to tell by that graph, but is it 290whp/250wtq?

Get some better boost control so you can get the torque up! 8) Looks like I might have some stock turbo competition now, on a 9.8 HS nonetheless! :shock:

Do you also have the other non-trace mustang dyno sheet? Like what I get from Gruppe-S?

Nice looking HP curve though. Wierd small dip at 4200 though, probably from the P2 boost control.

What are the specs on the piper cams?

That thing is going to fly with 2800lbs and that power!

GokuSSJ4
01-22-2006, 03:37 PM
265/265 11.5mm lift intake 10.8 mm exhaust

Matz
01-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Looks like I might have some stock turbo competition now, on a 9.8 HS nonetheless! :shock:

Hahah, I was thinking the same thing. Don't forget that Marshall's Evo is also a lot lighter than yours! You'd better whip out the magical CareBear!

Speaking of Care Bears, my co-worker's daughter came over to play with my son last weekend, and I snapped this picture just for you. You should add it to your clipart collection.

http://evo8.initialdproject.com/images/hana_carebear.jpg

earlyapex
01-22-2006, 06:32 PM
Looks like I might have some stock turbo competition now, on a 9.8 HS nonetheless! :shock:

Hahah, I was thinking the same thing. Don't forget that Marshall's Evo is also a lot lighter than yours! You'd better whip out the magical CareBear!

Yea no doubt his car will be faster, he has almost 400lbs less than mine. haha.

I would be curious to see what he dynos on the gruppe-s dyno. I would also love to see the other MD dyno sheet so we could compare curves. He has alot of catching up do to do torque wise but I know it was because he couldn't up the boost.

Matz
01-22-2006, 06:49 PM
He has alot of catching up do to do torque wise but I know it was because he couldn't up the boost.

Speaking of boost, my dyno sheet from StreetWerke logged boost on the MD sheet, but I don't understand how they got that data. I didn't see them hook up any air pressure sensor. Your plot doesn't have it... :?:

earlyapex
01-22-2006, 07:06 PM
He has alot of catching up do to do torque wise but I know it was because he couldn't up the boost.

Speaking of boost, my dyno sheet from StreetWerke logged boost on the MD sheet, but I don't understand how they got that data. I didn't see them hook up any air pressure sensor. Your plot doesn't have it... :?:

I haven't logged boost at gruppe-s so far. I know they can do it since I asked Mike about it and he said they can.

EVO GRIM
01-22-2006, 07:31 PM
Yea anything above 20.5 lbs induced boost cut. The highest # was 303 but it killed the torque, so he brought it back to this. The room at full function loads up pretty bad with CO so best #'s were after a 10 min break. I'm sure 1.5 to 2 lbs of boost could have helped get over the 300 mark and the torque. As soon as I get rid of the p2. I 'll go up for another session and a race gas map :twisted:

earlyapex
01-22-2006, 07:33 PM
The room at full function loads up pretty bad with CO so best #'s were after a 10 min break.

Yea, same thing with gruppe-s. Every time I tune there I feel light-headed. :shock:

Car gets hot as hell too.

EVO GRIM
01-22-2006, 08:02 PM
So what are the rules on the "stock turbo"? Can you have a manifold? 02 housing?

Matz
01-22-2006, 08:34 PM
So what are the rules on the "stock turbo"? Can you have a manifold? 02 housing?

ooh... sounds like competition's a-brewin'. I vote yes on both, even 10.5 HS.

earlyapex
01-22-2006, 08:57 PM

Hahha! Only rules are stock turbo (9.8 or 10.5 hotside), 91 octane, and no NOS. No stock turbo variants like TME, WR, 20G.

oh, and actual real tunes you would drive everyday. No all-or-nothing dyno pulls.

:)

leif
01-22-2006, 09:36 PM
bloody hell i made 285 on the dyno dynamics which reads lower than the mustang... no props for leif :cry: jk lol

nice numbers dude.

earlyapex
01-22-2006, 09:55 PM
bloody hell i made 285 on the dyno dynamics which reads lower than the mustang... no props for leif :cry: jk lol

nice numbers dude.

what? I gave you props when you did that. I believe the gruppe-s dyno is purty darn close to the vishnu DD anyway, That one dynoflashed 9 did almost the exact same numbers on both.

8)

crctslt
01-22-2006, 10:41 PM
Last I heard the Mustang dyno's at Gruppe-S and Full Function and The DD at shiv's read within 2 HP of each other 8)

leif
01-22-2006, 10:50 PM

nice numbers dude.

what? I gave you props when you did that. I believe the gruppe-s dyno is purty darn close to the vishnu DD anyway, That one dynoflashed 9 did almost the exact same numbers on both.

8)

ino i was just messing around.

in any case mashall's car is guna rape us since it weighs next to nothing...relativly speaking.

earlyapex
01-23-2006, 01:19 AM
in any case mashall's car is guna rape us since it weighs next to nothing...relativly speaking.

He's gotta show up to a track event first. :lol:

EVO GRIM
01-23-2006, 08:00 AM
Gotta learn to drive first.

leif
01-23-2006, 10:01 AM

and where do you learn to drive?

TRACK DAYS!!! :P

hagakure
01-23-2006, 10:20 AM

My suggestion is to start slowly. Go to one of the thunderhill schools, or get instruction via NASA or NCRC. I prefer NCRC, and feel thatt he level of instruction and attention that you receive from them is of high quality. Plus there is more time in the car. Don't worry about going fast at first, just concentrate on the basics of car control, learningt he line, using your vision correctly on the track, vehicle dynamics. A Good place to start is with the book Going Faster, by the Skip Barber staff. Another thing to do is to go indooer Karting, which certainly improves the ability to keep the eyes well ahead of the car. I've started going weekly at RPM in Sacramento......harder than it looks! I sucked my first time out...getting faster every week though. Good luck.

P