PDA

View Full Version : Daily Driver Tires?

MR JayR
01-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Was wondering if anyone could give me advice on finding a good set of daily driver tires for the stock Enkei rims.

I do a lot of freeway driving and would hate to waste another set of Advans on the freeway. I drive 20k+ miles a year.

I live in the San Jose area. I don't mind purchasing tires online and taking them to the shop to have them mounted/balanced/etc. But what would I expect to pay for a new set of tires, installed, etc.? Also, what would be a good shop in the area that would actually take care not to scratch up my wheels?

Any advice other than "use the search" button is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

earlyapex
01-24-2006, 01:00 PM
www.discounttiredirect.com/ has free shipping.

Good daily driver tires would be something cheap like a Falken or Hankook or the like. They make pretty darn good tires for cheap.

MAB1025
01-26-2006, 01:30 PM
www.discounttiredirect.com/ has free shipping.

Good daily driver tires would be something cheap like a Falken or Hankook or the like. They make pretty darn good tires for cheap.

+1 - Falkens are around 100-125 per tire and perform pretty well.

vtluu
01-26-2006, 03:22 PM
+1 - Falkens are around 100-125 per tire and perform pretty well.
Depends which Falkens; the RT615s are amongst the best "street tires" you can get (if it doesn't rain or snow). The other Falkens are okay I guess though I'd recommend the Hankook Z212s or Kumho MXs if you were looking for more rain-friendly tires.