PDA

View Full Version : getting ready for my new project

GokuSSJ4
01-27-2006, 12:29 PM
this is what i plan to install on the car , to see what results are accomplish on 91 octane . (dyno jet ) from Tuning Technologies
what do you guys think ?
Works 76mm turbo back
Works 02 housing 76mm
HFC (magnaflow)
WR
FMIC -nisei-
Bjs stage 5++ cylinder head
Fuel pump
MBC
Toda cam gears
Cams HKS either 272/272 or 272/280
injectors 720cc
SAFC thinnking of purchasing an Xede
nisei lower intercooler pipe

vtluu
01-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Jury's still out on the WR, if I hadn't won the lottery like you just have (apparently :P) I'd opt for the TME instead. Definitely go for the XEDE or ECU+ instead of the SAFC; someone has one on sale for pretty cheap.

earlyapex
01-27-2006, 12:40 PM
We don't speak Dynojet up here, well except for Bdking who thinks he will dyno 100 more whp over a Mustang Dyno on one.

Parts selection looks good.

If you really want to optimize your car on 91, get rid of the SAFC and get something with timing control since that is really important on 91 octane.

Dr. Evo
01-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Jury's still out on the WR, if I hadn't won the lottery like you just have (apparently :P) I'd opt for the TME instead.

Why do you say that? The reason I ask is I am contemplating between the two.

Evotech8
01-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Why not add Alky to the list. :wink:

evo_dadi
01-27-2006, 03:52 PM
damn thomas that list is huge :shock: ill be down there in april so i should hitch a ride on your evo man :twisted:

evo_dadi
01-27-2006, 03:53 PM

youll probly end up finishing the whole tank in a couple of sessions on a track day :shock: :shock:

earlyapex
01-27-2006, 04:18 PM

youll probly end up finishing the whole tank in a couple of sessions on a track day :shock: :shock:

more like a tank a session during longer session track days.

Remember it can't even get low because it will slosh around in turns and you will get ALKY starvation. 26psi + ALKY starvation = KABBOOOOOOOOM

GokuSSJ4
01-27-2006, 09:48 PM
the WR that i have is a TME turbo that they have added the WR wheel... dont know if thats any different from the regular WR ... but the power band is nice and smooth...
alky is something i couldn't consider, since i track the car often... the last thing i need is a KAAAAAAABOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!
not a good thing,
here is the thing, i dont know if adding 272/280 is over kill with my set up.. i dont know if im better off playing safe and just stick with 272/272 ....
then again i can try it and see what the results are (not just peak power, since im sure that will be found , but midrange as well)
does the Xede have idel control ?