PDA

View Full Version : Tightening the E-brakes

DJMic0
01-29-2006, 08:44 PM
I need to tighten my e-brakes on my 03 Evo. I'm trying to find something on the internet to help me out, but I can't find anything. Do I have to take out my center console and tighten the wire manually or is there a short cut? Also how many screws are we talking about? I haven't looked at my car yet so sorry for the stupidity. Just feeling lazy.

dohcvtec
01-29-2006, 08:50 PM
not sure about the evo, but most cars you have to tighten a single bolt/screw that connects the two cables to the single ebrake handle, in the center console.

DJMic0
01-29-2006, 08:56 PM
yea I'm trying to find a tutorial so I can do this and make it seem like a piece of cake

Dr. Evo
01-29-2006, 11:23 PM
The center conole comes out in about 2 seconds. There should be a 10mm nut on a bolt attached to a cable system. Tighten until the ebrake requires about 3-4 clicks to hold the car.

Black_EVO
01-30-2006, 09:44 PM
The center conole comes out in about 2 seconds. There should be a 10mm nut on a bolt attached to a cable system. Tighten until the ebrake requires about 3-4 clicks to hold the car.

Ahh, good to know. I've been meaning to do this for some time.

BTW - Placed 3rd in SLOCARS Rallye
Team: CareBear Mafia

Matz
01-30-2006, 10:25 PM

Thanks, man, I've been needing to do this for quite some time. My Evo is at the point where when I park on my driveway and pull up the ebrake, my car rolls back into the street. :shock:

DJMic0
01-30-2006, 11:59 PM

Thanks, man, I've been needing to do this for quite some time. My Evo is at the point where when I park on my driveway and pull up the ebrake, my car rolls back into the street. :shock:

I'm not alone!!! :lol:

craziazzmofo66
01-31-2006, 01:35 AM
if u want to go further into it...u can also take off the rear rotors and adjust those parkin brake shoes :P

Dr. Evo
01-31-2006, 08:32 AM
If you have to go that far, you have something wrong with the brake system :D

RgistRdShowoffIX
02-17-2006, 12:24 PM
http://www.lancer-evo.net/community/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=13

I say so cus it took me forever to find it and it wasn't even with the search button. =\ (i did use it....this just never came up)

lol hope this helps