PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Exahust

VOD
01-30-2006, 04:15 PM
Looking to buy a carbon fiber exhaust not the crappy ones where its just on the outside. Ive seen some really retarded looking exhaust that had them.... I willing to spend a good amount for a high quality exhaust with carbon fiber... Any sellers out there that have it and could send me a pic that would be great aim me pm me thanks :-) (Looking for a full exhaust new)

Evo8andahalf
01-30-2006, 04:32 PM
hks?

VOD
01-30-2006, 08:25 PM
Well doesnt matter what brand hks is fine just tired of buying crap they say u get what u pay for .... so if its more expensive thats fine but its got to work well hehe :-)

kimmievo
01-31-2006, 09:39 AM
Yeah, check out the HKS carbon-ti exhaust. Looks nice and sounds pretty nice too. Retails for around $800.00 on www.lancershop.com

http://www.lancershop.com/product_image.php?imageid=349

warpspeed
01-31-2006, 09:47 AM
Yeah, check out the HKS carbon-ti exhaust. Looks nice and sounds pretty nice too. Retails for around $800.00 on www.lancershop.com

http://www.lancershop.com/product_image.php?imageid=349

I heard also that this is just a layer of CF over a Titanium can. That's why it's called Carbon-Ti exhaust. Sounds logical to me. :)

VOD
02-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Hmm guess I might just look into getting a titanium instead of trying to find a carbon fiber one.... virtually impossible :-(

Black_EVO
02-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Hmm guess I might just look into getting a titanium instead of trying to find a carbon fiber one.... virtually impossible :-(

I have never seen nor heard of an "all CF exhaust". Just the notion is kinda silly. Titanium is an excelent choice. RRE sells Greddy Ti for $800. It wieghs less than 10lbs.

VOD
02-01-2006, 09:05 PM
lol not what i ment there is no such thing as a all carbon fiber exhaust... it would melt no doubt. Im just talking about a exhaust that has the tip cf as well not just the main part...

dohcvtec
02-01-2006, 10:22 PM
lol not what i ment there is no such thing as a all carbon fiber exhaust... it would melt no doubt. Im just talking about a exhaust that has the tip cf as well not just the main part...
even the tip gets hot as shit. I don't think one exists for a very good reason.

VOD
02-02-2006, 04:16 PM
True but its the hole exhaust that gets hot .... I am just gonna go titanium though so that will solve everything hehe :-)

lncrevoviii
02-28-2006, 11:24 PM
they sell these mufflers on Ebay with the tips CF, but i don't know if the whole thing is CF.
I say screw it, just get the Ti, Carbon Ti or SS by HKS. All are same exhausts, but difference in weight and appearence.

Lurk
06-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Resist your inner ricer. There is no such thing as an all CF exhaust. The resin and gel coat over the CF would melt right off. And FYI, the only thing Titanium on the HKS Carbon/Ti exhaust is the tip! The can itself is still stainless steel.

Black_EVO
06-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Go Greddy Ti, best exhaust hands down, not to loud, great sound, light, free flowing.