PDA

View Full Version : Removing Rear Wing and covering holes

fredrik94087
02-06-2006, 08:12 PM
Does anyone know how to go about this?

I took off my wing last night to find out that the frinning thing is glued and has a little plastic pin to hold it in place. I got it off and I didn't like what I saw.

There are three holes on each side. In addition, there is a fourth hole on the right side that has a "factory" tape over it. Not sure what it's for.

Bottom line, I want the wing gone, and I don't want holes.

Has anyone done it and can I get some advice?

Thanks!

vtluu
02-06-2006, 08:22 PM
Search for "wing removal" and follow up in one of those threads...

Matz
02-06-2006, 09:28 PM
you have three options.

1. use vinyl stickers to cover the ugly arse holes. I did this.
2. buy an RS trunk and have it repainted. I'm saving up to do this.
3. get bondo and cover the holes, then get it repainted. I'll pass on this option.

dohcvtec
02-07-2006, 10:10 AM
4. Get a base lancer 02-03 trunk.

trinydex
06-11-2006, 03:50 PM
anyone know how hard it is to swap trunks BY MYSELF? like if i only want my gigantic gt wing for track days?

Hot8Evo
06-11-2006, 03:52 PM
OR buy an APR GTC200 wing which i did... or you can use heat gun and it will come off..

PANGES
06-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Are the grey 02-03 lancers about the same as GG for the Evo's? Or are the shades completely off? Lol. I saw this guy at the gas station the other day and I noticed him checked out my car and he looked confued when he noticed me checking out HIS car. lol. He was driving an 02-03 lancer and I was checking out his trunk, debating if I should ask him if he wanted to sell it. lol.

Matz
06-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Are the grey 02-03 lancers about the same as GG for the Evo's? Or are the shades completely off? Lol. I saw this guy at the gas station the other day and I noticed him checked out my car and he looked confued when he noticed me checking out HIS car. lol. He was driving an 02-03 lancer and I was checking out his trunk, debating if I should ask him if he wanted to sell it. lol.

ROFL

that is totally hilarious...

RgistRdShowoffIX
06-12-2006, 06:07 PM

lol that's good. hahaha