PDA

View Full Version : Newb Here

03OZJoe
02-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Well im new to this site, this would be the first "import" site that ive signed on for. For the most part ive owned domestics (let the bashings start) but due to insurance, i took a diff. direction for the last 3 years. For the last 3 years ive owned an 03 OZ which is fun. Short throw is the only mod aside from a bad ass stereo. Being that ive owned a few V8s ive grown tired of the slow 4G94 and looking to put a new motor/tranny combo together. THats why im here, to learn even more. Im thinking of just rebuliding the 4G94 with forged everything and a turbo. Of coure new clutch, injectors, computer tune etc etc. If u guys have Better ideas or thoughts shoot me a PM -Joeseh :D

lncrevoviii
02-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Sup, welcome to NCE. Nice mods you putting down, but personally, just buy a new car. Buy the Evo IX, you will be way better off. Too much headache to install those parts. If you get one problem, then you gonno spend a lot of time figuring out what went wrong. I been through it. its your choice.

03OZJoe
02-08-2006, 08:46 PM
thats what ive been considering.......as lame as this sounds, ive grown fond of the OZ apperance.....i could see it being awd and turbo,but thatd be too much damn work. I like the OZ rims, but if they were on an awd id like them to be 15(16)x8.5 or something. Im looking at the new MR but everyone wants to add like 5-10K mark up :shock: so i still dunno. May just turbo the motor and wait for BOOM.....then go get an IX or RS, im cheap lol.

SouthernCrane
02-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Sup, welcome to NCE. Nice mods you putting down, but personally, just buy a new car. Buy the Evo IX, you will be way better off. Too much headache to install those parts. If you get one problem, then you gonno spend a lot of time figuring out what went wrong. I been through it. its your choice.

+1

go straight for the Evo man.

Matz
02-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Hey man, welcome to NCE! Sell the OZ, then buy your RS and put on the OZ low profile wing. :thumbsup:

VOD
02-08-2006, 10:50 PM
Id say go evo once u got evo u will never go back

mynameizstitch
02-09-2006, 08:32 AM
Id say go evo once u got evo u will never go back

+1

hellz Evo
02-09-2006, 08:39 AM
Hey man, welcome to NCE! Sell the OZ, then buy your RS and put on the OZ low profile wing. :thumbsup:

+1

guntings
02-09-2006, 09:15 AM
thats what ive been considering.......as lame as this sounds, ive grown fond of the OZ apperance.....i could see it being awd and turbo,but thatd be too much damn work. I like the OZ rims, but if they were on an awd id like them to be 15(16)x8.5 or something. Im looking at the new MR but everyone wants to add like 5-10K mark up :shock: so i still dunno. May just turbo the motor and wait for BOOM.....then go get an IX or RS, im cheap lol.

If you really want to go through with that sort of operation, look up
evolutionm.net This place is a very good resource for lancers of all types- not just evos. Unfortunately NCE doesn't have too much on the other lancers if any at all.... :oops:

toasty
02-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Welcome :wave:

warpspeed
02-09-2006, 12:39 PM

Well said. That's why I got my Evo. I got tired of "playing" around with the GSR turbo in one of my civic. Besides that, if you put a turbo on it most likely won't be smog legal.

Oh ya welcome. to the forum. :)