PDA

View Full Version : Change the format for the private classifed/for sale forum?

Matz
02-09-2006, 06:39 AM
So do you guys think it would be cool if members could enter in the parts that they have for sale, and it would be added to a database? Then if people are looking for stuff, instead of posting "WTB: big ass turbo", they can just look it up? For example, we'd have a droplist for component type, manufacturer, and an extra edit box... You could select something like HKS for the manufacturer, and Engine for the component, and then you'd see that earlyapex has a set of 272s for sale, or something like that...

Maybe we'd have buyer / seller feedback, transaction history, etc. etc. I'm not saying we need to reproduce ebay here, but just offer a more efficient tool for buying from other members.

Matz
02-09-2006, 09:18 AM
Can a moderator please move this to General Talk? Thanks!

drunk monkey
02-09-2006, 10:11 AM
i suggest just having a seperate section for wtb items only and a seperate sections for for sale. much easier

Carlo

Matz
02-09-2006, 10:19 AM
i suggest just having a seperate section for wtb items only and a seperate sections for for sale. much easier

That's a good idea for basic browsing around.

One of my goals here is to automatically link up sellers and buyers. I have seen countless posts where someone has a "FS: exhaust" post, and then someone posts "WTB: exhaust". It would be cool if you could have this data saved somewhere, so that if a FS post that matches gets added, it'll automatically notify you via email... or something like that.

panem
02-09-2006, 11:53 AM
different section like:
1. for sale threads
2. WTB threads
3. Vendor threads
4. misc. threads

thats all we need..... a lot easier!!!

byt
02-09-2006, 12:00 PM
different section like:
1. for sale threads
2. WTB threads
3. Vendor threads
4. misc. threads

thats all we need..... a lot easier!!!

Yeah, even adding 1 extra layer of subcategories will help out a lot.

Matz
02-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Man, it looks like no one here is interesting in overly complicated solutions. :D

mchagsingog
02-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Man, it looks like no one here is interesting in overly complicated solutions. :D

That is a good idea if you ask me. The way it is now isnt bad, but it would make it less cluttered and easier for people to find what they are looking for.

YankInCali
02-09-2006, 03:11 PM

That is a good idea if you ask me. The way it is now isnt bad, but it would make it less cluttered and easier for people to find what they are looking for.

+1