PDA

View Full Version : which setting for Hotchkis rear sway bar?

Steiner
02-13-2006, 09:48 PM
I ordered an adjustable Hotchkis rear sway bar and I was wondering which of the 3 settings I should put it at. Is the middle setting too aggressive for daily driving and the occasional rip through the East Bay foothills?

STR8DVS
02-13-2006, 10:16 PM
i have mine in the middle but plane on moving it to the stiffer setting real soon. but Ilove a super stiff car. the middle setting is just right for dayly driving.

vtluu
02-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Really depends on conditions. I usually run the middle setting, softest setting if it's raining. I'll use the stiffest setting in very high-grip conditions where I really need to get the car rotated in a hurry, for example, autocrossing on abrasive concrete. I don't like having the tail very loose, so I'll usually only stiffen the swaybar if the car becomes overly pushy--not often.

Steiner
02-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Thanks guys. How hard is it to switch settings?

vtluu
02-13-2006, 11:45 PM
Pretty easy. Grab a 14mm wrench or ratchet, crawl under the back of the car, undo both endlinks, put them in their new position, and tighten up the endlink nuts. No need to jack up the car and take off the rear wheels. If you do want do it reaching through the wheel wheels with the wheels off though, remember you need both sides of the suspension equally compressed or extended, that is, jack up both wheels at the same time.

STR8DVS
02-14-2006, 02:23 PM
stupid ? is the stifest setting the one near the front of the car or the one towards the back of the car.

earlyapex
02-14-2006, 02:28 PM
stupid ? is the stifest setting the one near the front of the car or the one towards the back of the car.

stiffest is closer to the bar.

STR8DVS
02-14-2006, 04:47 PM
thanks for the help :D