PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Brake lines

evo637
02-13-2006, 10:49 PM
I read a couple of treads recently that discussed brake lines. I am still on the fence between several brands. I am hoping that anyone with experience would be kind enougn to give their opinion.

1. works tks brake lines.. After the incident I spoke with kirk and he assured me that the brake line problems have been solve. All the products and upgrade that I have purchased and installed are from works. I trust them, but I am still hesitant to buy their brake lines. Has anyone bought a set after the incident if so how is it holding up.

2. Stoptech.. Dont really have any experience.. Is it really good.

3. Endless SS swivel.. Is the $249+ really worth spending or I am I just paying for the name.

I will start this my track season in March and hopefully every month after that :D So these lines will be used considerably.

Thanks

earlyapex
02-13-2006, 10:54 PM
Stoptech hands down.

MarkSAE
02-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Stoptech hands down.

+1

I'll be installing mine this weekend along w/ the Forge brake ducts.

Matz
02-13-2006, 11:04 PM
1. works tks brake lines.. After the incident I spoke with kirk and he assured me that the brake line problems have been solve. All the products and upgrade that I have purchased and installed are from works. I trust them, but I am still hesitant to buy their brake lines. Has anyone bought a set after the incident if so how is it holding up.

I love WORKS parts, but I am still going to toss the TKS lines and have them replaced with Stoptechs before I get back on the track.

evo637
02-13-2006, 11:09 PM
looks like my gut feeling was right. I was also thinking of getting a set of stoptechs. I just wanted to ask around and see what other people think about them first before buying.

Any opinions about the Endless SS Swivels

Thanks

earlyapex
02-13-2006, 11:19 PM
Any opinions about the Endless SS Swivels

Thanks

I know nothing about them other then they sound way overpriced at $249+ when you can get the stoptechs F and R for $166

If it has something to do with brakes, Stoptech is on top.

evo637
02-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Were would be a good place to have them installed, I have been at works so many times that I am dependent on their services (kinda silly but true). :D
I contacted cameron@xperformance he gave me a good price, and Gruppe-S. I dont really have any experience with these vendors. I dont want to start a flame war just asking for opinion on service.

Installing it on my own is out because I know I will mess it up, somehow :lol:
So I leave all the installations to the experts.

Matz
02-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Were would be a good place to have them installed, I have been at works so many times that I am dependent on their services (kinda silly but true). :D
I contacted cameron@xperformance he gave me a good price, and Gruppe-S. I dont really have any experience with these vendors. I dont want to start a flame war just asking for opinion on service.

Don't worry about flame wars, people here are pretty good about being honest about vendors and vendors don't get all riled up like on evom. I haven't had much work done by WORKS recently, but have been happy with them before. There's also XP and EIP in San Jose, and Speed Element and Full Function in the general Fremont area.

wilson1
02-13-2006, 11:35 PM

Don't worry about flame wars, people here are pretty good about being honest about vendors and vendors don't get all riled up like on evom. I haven't had much work done by WORKS recently, but have been happy with them before. There's also XP and EIP in San Jose, and Speed Element and Full Function in the general Fremont area.

+1

Evo442
02-14-2006, 07:25 AM

Interesting. My understanding is that Works took their lines off the market until they corrected whatever problem there was (if there was truly a manufacturing/design defect) was fixed. The lines are not back on their website as of right now.

I'd reccomend the Stoptech lines as well. I am running them on my fronts although I still have the Works lines on my rears.

Unowned
02-14-2006, 01:16 PM
Stoptech because i run them on my weaksauce 3G Eclipse... i will do the same for the Evo soon enough

SpeedElement
02-15-2006, 12:49 PM
I am an authorized Stoptech dealer. PM me if you guys looking for Stoptech Brakelines. :)

List is $166.. But I will offer special NCE pricing for you guys.

Cal

dohcvtec
02-15-2006, 12:57 PM

Interesting. My understanding is that Works took their lines off the market until they corrected whatever problem there was (if there was truly a manufacturing/design defect) was fixed. The lines are not back on their website as of right now.

I'd reccomend the Stoptech lines as well. I am running them on my fronts although I still have the Works lines on my rears.
Yea, funny how they haven't updated any of the posts about their faulty brake lines with what their findings were.

tahoeacr
02-15-2006, 02:47 PM
Never heard about this. What failed? I think I bought mine from works back in April. Still haven't got around to putting them on. There called G-stop? Any feedback.

dohcvtec
02-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Here is the 9 page thread about it:
http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6054

evo637
02-15-2006, 04:32 PM
I am an authorized Stoptech dealer. PM me if you guys looking for Stoptech Brakelines. :)

Cal

I called you the other day Cal but then you said you were sold out :(

AutoRnD
02-17-2006, 10:45 AM
We can do your brake lines install. We do all the Endless stuff here, brake lines wouldn't be a problem. At the time we can replace your fluid with Motul RBF600 as well.

I have a couple of brake line options. I really like the Agency Power brake lines. I got some rear lines for my RX8 and they looked great. I still gotta install them and i'll update you with how that goes today.

Give us an email [email protected]

Thanks,
Rishie

SpeedElement
03-19-2006, 08:59 PM

Cal

I called you the other day Cal but then you said you were sold out :(

sorry bro.. they ran out fast..

I just got them back in stock again! plz give us a call

pr0file
03-23-2006, 03:06 PM
Got the Stoptech SS lines in my Celica and they feel awesome! I'm just saving some money for the Stoptech SS lines for my Evo :)

SpeedElement
04-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Got the Stoptech SS lines in my Celica and they feel awesome! I'm just saving some money for the Stoptech SS lines for my Evo :)

Nice, please give me a call when you are ready. I have great stoptech pricing for local folks!

Cal

vtluu
04-07-2006, 02:13 AM
I hear eXtreme Performance also stocks StopTech Evo brake lines. :wink:

Ali@WORKS
04-27-2006, 08:47 PM
The brake lines have been a large project here at WORKS. We have diagnosed the problem and corrected the problem. We have made a few changes to our design and increased our quality control efforts for the brake lines and we are happy to say that our new brake lines that have recently arrived are VERY nice. We had a small shipment of lines that where not crimped correctly, and a couple of those lines have failed under extreme loads on the track only! All of those lines have been exchanged for new ones, at no cost to the customer. But we also made a small change on our design to accommodate different offset and width wheels.

SJCoruja
04-27-2006, 08:50 PM
The brake lines have been a large project here at WORKS. We have diagnosed the problem and corrected the problem. We have made a few changes to our design and increased our quality control efforts for the brake lines and we are happy to say that our new brake lines that have recently arrived are VERY nice. We had a small shipment of lines that where not crimped correctly, and a couple of those lines have failed under extreme loads on the track only! All of those lines have been exchanged for new ones, at no cost to the customer. But we also made a small change on our design to accommodate different offset and width wheels.

Hello! I'm sure it was just an oversight, but I wasn't included on this exchange and I actually had brake failure on the street as a result of these lines. When can I come in to have them inspected and the new lines installed?

Evo442
04-27-2006, 09:06 PM

u got pm...

dohcvtec
04-27-2006, 10:28 PM
We had a small shipment of lines that where not crimped correctly, and a couple of those lines have failed under extreme loads on the track only! All of those lines have been exchanged for new ones, at no cost to the customer.
I know of 5 incidents personally that have had their WORKS lines fail, quite the coincedence for a "small batch". I have a friend whose lines are showing the EXACT same signs of the sheath pulling out like the failed lines did and was denied an exchange. :roll:

MitsuMan
04-27-2006, 10:40 PM
I'm running the goodridge ones right now w/ motule 600 and they hold up just fine. they have all new hardware with the kit no leaks no binding no problems

EVO GRIM
04-28-2006, 07:12 AM
I talked to kirk at the meet and he said they have a racing break line comin out so I'll wait for that to do the swap. Mine are showing the wear also.

vtluu
04-28-2006, 08:13 AM
I'm running the goodridge ones right now w/ motule 600 and they hold up just fine. they have all new hardware with the kit no leaks no binding no problems
Most brake line problems show up when you start tracking the car and building up extreme amounts of heat at the calipers. Not that you shouldn't get the highest-quality brake lines possible, but just about any aftermarket lines will hold up just fine under street driving.

dohcvtec
04-28-2006, 09:27 AM
Most brake line problems show up when you start tracking the car and building up extreme amounts of heat at the calipers.
I have only witnessed this with WORKS TKS lines, no other lines EVER.