PDA

View Full Version : Stage 1 Finally Done

Dogtown
03-27-2004, 12:43 AM
I finally finished getting the Vishnu stage 1 I've been working on done. I've got the Signature exhaust in along with the Adjustable Cam gears, Ecu reflash, and a little dyno tuning courtesy of Shiv. I had a baseline of 215 if you guys recall, and here is what I'm at now...

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/3/web/303000-303999/303372_28.jpg

Now its time to start saving for Cams haha.

SouthernCrane
03-27-2004, 01:02 AM
I finally finished getting the Vishnu stage 1 I've been working on done. I've got the Signature exhaust in along with the Adjustable Cam gears, Ecu reflash, and a little dyno tuning courtesy of Shiv. I had a baseline of 215 if you guys recall, and here is what I'm at now...

nice, how do you like it now :drool:

Did you get just the catback or turbo back?

lambtron
03-27-2004, 03:19 AM
he's got the turbo back, his numbers are pretty damn good considering he only has the xflash

Dogtown
03-27-2004, 09:08 AM

nice, how do you like it now :drool:

Did you get just the catback or turbo back?

I constantly find myself going faster then I should. What used to be about 70 75 miles an hour is now like 90 95. Its funny but at the same time I'm worried about flying by a cop.

thomas
03-27-2004, 09:54 AM
he's got the turbo back, his numbers are pretty damn good considering he only has the xflash

im confused :?

i thought he had more than juss the xflash?

turboback, cam gears? no?

hey dogtown, good sh!t mang! hope to see you out cruising with us again sometime...let me kno when youre gonna roll to sac raceway.

piece.

Dogtown
03-27-2004, 10:28 AM
Yeah I got Cam Gears too.

EvoVIII
03-27-2004, 11:59 AM
hey, where did you get the cam gear installed at? how long did it take/do they have to take the Valve cover off too? and is there any idoling problem? or it feels just the same as stock? does it pull harder after 5000rpm? hehe sorry about all these question :D well done by the way wish my car have the 249ponies just like urs :twisted:

lambtron
03-27-2004, 04:51 PM
We have a lift and install area right next to our sales office :). I'll see if I can't get a better comparison between stock and stage 1 posted up. Stock you'll notice on the graph that after about 5k our cars just sorta "die" lol, the cam gears will give you quite a bit more top end, and adding the cams on top of that will greatly improve top end performance.

lambtron
03-27-2004, 04:56 PM
Here's a customer's stage 1+ vs. stock, he made a little over 280whp on pump gas and 300+ on race gas on our dyno:

http://img20.photobucket.com/albums/v59/lambtron/stockvsstage1plus.jpg

thomas
03-27-2004, 05:56 PM
thats a significant difference from dogtowns stage one and another customers stage one...

wow. are our evos really that inconsistent from the factory? :skid:

*edit* my bad, didnt see the + (plus) on therrre.

nice numbers. :thumbsup:

JanSolo
03-27-2004, 06:37 PM
Nice numbers, too bad about the drop at the end though. Gotta make those mountains into plateaus!

EvolvedDSM
03-27-2004, 07:17 PM
What do the torque curves look like on that other car?

EvoVIII
03-27-2004, 07:36 PM
I think both graph have is way different...... 1 is making 249WHP , the other is making 280WHP on 91gas??? thats 30WHP different......

EvoVIII
03-27-2004, 07:43 PM
or did the other 30WHP came from the HKS cams? any idoling problem??

wilson1
03-27-2004, 07:49 PM
Here's a customer's stage 1+ vs. stock, he made a little over 280whp on pump gas and 300+ on race gas on our dyno:

http://img20.photobucket.com/albums/v59/lambtron/stockvsstage1plus.jpg

The top graph is on 100oct with stge 1+

middle graph is on 91 oct, stge 1+

Stge 1+ includes cams, generally 264/272.

As Lamtron posted, it's someone else's dynograph!

EvoVIII
03-27-2004, 07:54 PM
oh my bad HEHE :D I am a little slow, I was wondering what that + is, coz Vishnu havn't update their site in yearsssssssss............ so how about the idoling? does it retain like stock?

wilson1
03-27-2004, 07:55 PM
The stage 1+ is extremely strong, putting down the equivalent in the neighborhood of 322+ hp peak on the ATP dyno, and by redline drops down to 260DD hp [300+ ATP hp]

Wondered how Stockdale's setup would compare with this?

wilson1
03-27-2004, 08:01 PM
I have sampled all the various versions of the Vishnu stages up to stage 2, and they all idle nicely including all versions of the hks cams; although the same also applied to Works ECU reflashes with various cams including their 269's, and Hks 272's, no problems with stalling or idling issues.

EvoVIII
03-27-2004, 10:38 PM
tight, I got Stage 0+ right now, you know how much would it be for me to get up to stage 1+ including all parts/labor and tuning...... and any idea how to pass the smog???

lambtron
03-28-2004, 01:11 AM
To upgrade to 1+ just subtract the components you have already from the 1+ cost, give us a call monday, we have a price sheet for installs. Tuning is 200 an hour, and it should only take about an hour to tune. As for smog, Im not sure if any of our customers have tried to pass...but you shouldn't worry about it, you have 5 years!!! lol, you could also make a good friend in the smog biz...just hand over a few bills haha

JanSolo
03-28-2004, 01:40 AM
To upgrade to 1+ just subtract the components you have already from the 1+ cost, give us a call monday, we have a price sheet for installs. Tuning is 200 an hour, and it should only take about an hour to tune. As for smog, Im not sure if any of our customers have tried to pass...but you shouldn't worry about it, you have 5 years!!! lol, you could also make a good friend in the smog biz...just hand over a few bills haha

I talked to Shiv a short while ago about this and he basically said to retard the cam gears and it should pass smog just fine.

EvoVIII
03-28-2004, 09:23 AM
so after the Cams/cam gears just retard the Cams Gears and it will still be fine or just the cam gear itself?

JanSolo
03-28-2004, 10:18 AM
so after the Cams/cam gears just retard the Cams Gears and it will still be fine or just the cam gear itself?

The way I understood it, after you install the cams & cam gears, you would have to retard the cam gears in order to pass emissions.

ogvw
03-28-2004, 11:01 AM
The way I understood it, after you install the cams & cam gears, you would have to retard the cam gears in order to pass emissions.

Actually you would want to advance the gears - or even better advance the exhaust and retard the intake (effectively shortening the "overlap") - not sure how it would run though....

Dogtown
03-28-2004, 12:00 PM
or did the other 30WHP came from the HKS cams? any idoling problem??

Actually If I upgrade to stage 1+ (which is basically cams on top of what I have now) I got told expect somewhere in the neighborhood of an extra 25-30 horse, so yeah hopefully. Also Vishnu is working on some Cams of thier own as I understand it.

lambtron
03-28-2004, 12:16 PM
This is true, hopefully within the next couple of weeks we should have our prototype cams :)

EvoVIII
03-28-2004, 05:47 PM
so how much is the Install for Cam/cam gears? how long is the process? will it will put alot of stress in my engine and shorten my engine life?

lambtron
03-28-2004, 07:47 PM
i think its 350 for cams and cam gears...but im not sure so dont take my word for it. Call the shop tomorrow and talk to brett or ken about the pricing as they have a price sheet. The whole process takes a few hours. As for engine life, all of the cars we've done cams/cam gears on seem to run fine with no problems, with the exception of a little bit rougher idle, but that comes with every cam upgrade on any car.

methods4
03-29-2004, 04:52 PM
Hey Dogtown,

Nice numbers. I put down 245awhp on 91 octane on Shiv's dyno during the Dyno Day/BBQ he held for Evo's a while back. Free dyno runs with Brett cooking up some good stuff on the grill. Not sure if anyone on this board was there that day (I was the silver Evo that dyno'd first). I'm running a turbo back exhaust, SAFC2 and drop-in air filter. You got 249awhp so you should be good for 12s (if drag racing is your thing.)

methods4
90 GST
03 Evolution

Dogtown
03-30-2004, 05:59 PM
I'm all about drag racing, but not to often i wan't my cluch to last for a while, so i try not to launch to often. Mostly the modding is about making it more fun to drive, and so far the extra power hasn't affected anything but how fast I get fast hehe. So In my book thats MORE fun hehe.

JanSolo
03-30-2004, 06:01 PM
Hey Dogtown,

Nice numbers. I put down 245awhp on 91 octane on Shiv's dyno during the Dyno Day/BBQ he held for Evo's a while back. Free dyno runs with Brett cooking up some good stuff on the grill. Not sure if anyone on this board was there that day (I was the silver Evo that dyno'd first). I'm running a turbo back exhaust, SAFC2 and drop-in air filter. You got 249awhp so you should be good for 12s (if drag racing is your thing.)

I was there that day. They had some good grub that day. I am hoping we can do another meet just like that one in the near future.

Shiv@Vishnu
04-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Hey Dogtown,

methods4
90 GST
03 Evolution

Hi there,
Was that car running a test pipe? My memory aint what it used to be ;)
shiv

Shiv@Vishnu
04-04-2004, 08:52 PM

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/3/web/303000-303999/303372_28.jpg

Now its time to start saving for Cams haha.

Hiya,
Let me know if you want us to update your Stage 1 XFlash. If you're willing to come by, I'd be happy to do a before/after dyno pull to document the differences. The last Stg 1 car make 260whp on the baseline XFlash map with no custom tuning. Most of the differences are in boost control. The new version doesn't taper off as much as the older one did. Torque curve is also a bit more studly. See http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73393

Cheers,
shiv

Dogtown
04-06-2004, 08:34 PM
Hiya,
Let me know if you want us to update your Stage 1 XFlash. If you're willing to come by, I'd be happy to do a before/after dyno pull to document the differences. The last Stg 1 car make 260whp on the baseline XFlash map with no custom tuning. Most of the differences are in boost control. The new version doesn't taper off as much as the older one did. Torque curve is also a bit more studly. See http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73393

Cheers,
shiv

I'd have to say hell yeah. I'll give ya a call tommorow.