PDA

View Full Version : new crazE!!! style shift knob!!

craziazzmofo66
02-16-2006, 10:36 PM
HAHA!! i lied!! well...not entirely.. i got a new shift knob...and its probably 1 that none of u have seen...well...maybe something similar on other cars...but not in an evo..

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b196/craziazzmofo555/IMG_0286.jpg

please excuse my nasty lookin hand...i just got off work...
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b196/craziazzmofo555/IMG_0287.jpg

now that ur thinkin... :shock: WTF?!?!?! (who makes and y would u buy such a thing?!?!) well......i didnt buy it, didnt steal it, and didnt find it on the ground some where.. i made it.....yes..i have a machining class that im takin and this is the first thing ive made...now..i i didnt really plan on it being this big...but then again..i had no plan or anything...just kinda took measurements of the threads and stuff...and came out with this...so what do u think?? i thought about shortenin it up my next class but...i like it so much because it just kinda looks funny... :lol: and reminds me of those gaint plastic 1s that some drifters have in japan...(aka:d*ldo shift knob) but yea...my little creation....

and i am takin orders....BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

VOD
02-16-2006, 10:40 PM
I dont like it :-P

MarkSAE
02-16-2006, 10:44 PM
hehe.. machine shop class is fun. You can definitely turn that sucker down by a few inches. You can knurl it for extra grip too.

Matz
02-16-2006, 10:58 PM
Hey man, nice work. Machining isn't easy. Getting a good surface finish can be tough, too I would knock a little off the top, too. :)

But hey, if you are using one of the fancy 6 axis CNC machines, then why not make a knob, and cut the Mitsubishi logo out of the material? That's a good demonstration of cutting on a complex surface. :thumbsup:

craziazzmofo66
02-16-2006, 11:07 PM
Hey man, nice work. Machining isn't easy. Getting a good surface finish can be tough, too I would knock a little off the top, too. :)

But hey, if you are using one of the fancy 6 axis CNC machines, then why not make a knob, and cut the Mitsubishi logo out of the material? That's a good demonstration of cutting on a complex surface. :thumbsup:

i wish we had a cnc...(i only get to use basic laths and mills) the school was suppose to get a cnc this semester...but when the teacher was fillin out the form for it..it fogt to put some number down...and we end up with no cnc machine... :cry:

ZK
02-17-2006, 10:05 AM
Nice...haha, looks like the dori style knobs .. except those are usually the "babulu" (bubbles) style. I'm not a big fan of the looks but they are pretty functional when you need to shift fast and don't want to reach far from the steering wheel.

With the Evo though the shifter position makes it easier to palm the knob than other cars so I don't think this is as beneficial.

SouthernCrane
02-17-2006, 12:17 PM
......like some others suggested, trim it down a bit. it is cool that you did that yourself 8)

toasty
02-17-2006, 01:34 PM
....also put some grip grooves in their too.

BTW, if it were any bigger and longer, it could be a bat,.. now that could be a consealed weapon. All you have to do is to start unscrewing the knob and use it. hehe :lol:

craziazzmofo66
02-18-2006, 12:34 AM
yea...im gonna be makin a few more different 1s....but i think ill make a shorter version of this, with some nuralin(i dont know how to spell) aka:grips?? and probably gonna go get it anodized black...just that i hate when i have to bore out the hole for it to fit like the stock knob...(it takes so long) this 1 took me the whole class..which was about...4-4.5 hrs?? i but i think the next 1 should take less time since i know all the measurements and everything...well...we'll see next week huh...

Revolver Ocelot
02-18-2006, 01:01 AM
^Saw that style shifter alot when i had my S14. :roll:

jdmgraphiteMR
02-19-2006, 01:10 AM
dude my friend has a clear on with bubles in it on his miata looks like a freakin dildo lol :lol:

panem
02-19-2006, 01:39 AM
dude my friend has a clear on with bubles in it on his miata looks like a freakin dildo lol :lol:
yeah it did, i saw it today... hahaha

savaho
02-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Man my gf would love that knob! And possibly her friends too! You may have something promising there just waiting to blow up. Keep up the good work!

Steiner
02-20-2006, 09:13 PM
I think you might have something there that female Evo owners would jump all over...literally. :lol:

craziazzmofo66
02-20-2006, 09:25 PM
I think you might have something there that female Evo owners would jump all over...literally. :lol:

i would be glad to market it toward the female car enthusist community... :lol:

Steiner
02-20-2006, 09:33 PM

Fabricating the knob is something you might wanna do after class then. :shock:

nyne
02-20-2006, 10:33 PM
it's awesome that you machined that up, but it is kind of long imho.

wilson1
02-20-2006, 11:46 PM

:lol:

toasty
02-21-2006, 07:01 PM

:lol:

I think it would be funny that one day you get into your car and find your shifter shaped dildo is missing, but the day before it is there. I wonder who could have taken it. (girlfriend or wife?) Hummmmmm....

CACalomino
02-21-2006, 07:04 PM
That will be a big hit with the ladies :lol:

vtluu
02-21-2006, 07:08 PM
it's awesome that you machined that up, but it is kind of long imho.
It's not the length that matters, it's how you use it. :lol: