PDA

View Full Version : NEW COILOVER: STANCE SUSPENSION

AutoRnD
02-17-2006, 11:02 AM
Check it out guys, I'm waiting for a set of these for my RX7 to test them out but I want to find a local EVO guy who wouldn't mind acting as our guinea pig. In return we will provide you with a great price installed on these coilovers. We must do the install. i need to play with them to get a good evaluation of the product. Aligment would be additional charge and required for this sponsorship.

They come with camber plates, Monotube damper, 1 YEAR Warranty.

15Way adjustable
Spring rates are 10kg front and 8 kg rear
http://www.stancesus.com/product_photos/evo8/evo3.jpg

They retail for $1295.00, I'd provide them for $1200.00 installed.

You would need to make sure that your trunk panels have all been removed and the car is clean of mess. You don't want to pay us to take out your panels, it's not worth it.[/img]

earlyapex
02-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Inverted monotube. Nice. Good price.

What are the spring length and width?

AutoRnD
02-17-2006, 01:08 PM
They are

200mm spring length, approx 7.90".

60mm ID.

It is a great price, limited time only. Basically doing your install for free and product at cost.

Jump on it and be one of the first in Cali. I've got friends who out these on their 350Z and provided great results.

tahoeacr
02-17-2006, 01:36 PM
Very interested. Just left you a message on the general voice-mail. I have my own alignment equipment/corner scales and lots of cheap/free testing at willow springs. Please call.

AutoRnD
02-17-2006, 07:38 PM
I did receive your message. I had to leave the office for a few hours today.

Please email me your information if you wouldn't mind and i'll call you saturday or monday. [email protected]

Thank you for your interest.

tahoeacr
02-17-2006, 11:17 PM
e-mail sent.

yf19ex
02-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Hey, I just got these installed last Tuesday. Orlando installed and set them up. They are great and not just for the price. I have not had the chance to play with the damper settings. Right now they are set to 6. Absolutley perfect for the street.

For those who are in the budget territory these are a good compromise from systems like Buddyclubs or JIC with all the features and probably perfomance without the price. I put a review on them up at EVOM.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=185174

MitsuMan
02-22-2006, 09:28 PM
how much if I put them in myself? c'mon you can do better that that. how about 100 over cost?

AutoRnD
02-22-2006, 09:49 PM
So we're doing the install for free. Please keep in mind it will cost about $50.00 to ship it here, sales tax of 8.25%, as well as 3% for CC if that is used. We have assumed so. This retails for $1295.00.

So basically put it this way, you're getting a bigger discount than you realize. We are more interested in testimony than markups on this. Do the math and you will see this is a great deal.

The testimony provided above was great. In fact if you wouldn't mind I would love to buy you some lunch and go for a ride. :wink:

We'll still honor the install for one club member but it seems that another local member already has these. I would love to confirm your thoughts on this suspension as it can be subjective. So it's just better if more people give their opinion on it. Please Please please. I'm down the street from AI.

THanks, Rishie

yf19ex
02-22-2006, 10:18 PM
Rishie is providing a great deal. At that price installed is far cheaper than what I spend ordering it straight not including having them installed. He is offering a great deal. I suggest that you take it. If I knew about this 2 weeks ago I would have bought these from AutoRnd.

Richie I will contact you about a test drive. Hell I'll let you drive the car and see what you think.

AutoRnD
02-23-2006, 09:08 AM
Dude that would beee soooo kind of you. I really want to see how these ride in comparison to like cuscos or zeals.

Thanks a lot. like A LOT. I know the importer's of Stance very well and can probably change the damping and spring rates it it's needed. I would have to order a minimum qty but am hoping that the current setup is good enough. Damn i wish i had a shock dyno.

Thanks,
Rishie

AutoRnD
02-23-2006, 12:38 PM
Ok so they just sold out today. 10 more sets coming in pretty soon.

I'll need you guys to start jumping on this so I can send out a PO and get those sets saved for us.

I was hoping i'd get in on what they had but they sold.

Reviews are very good on them. I might not have to do this testimony promo thing at all. I got a couple guys that pm'd me and you guys are definitely gonna get the deal.

Mitch if you buy you get the free install and nobody else. Jeff Spencer has opted to do them on his own.

Rishie

tahoeacr
02-23-2006, 06:14 PM
yf19x hey, if I could get in on that test drive I could bring my corner scales and set your car up for free. Providing I can play with the height a little and Rishie can lend us some room. I'm sure he has something around there needing to be weighed.

Rishie, sorry about not calling you back yesterday. Got tied up with some company that came in to town.

Jeff

AutoRnD
02-23-2006, 06:21 PM
No worries Jeff. Ya bro come down you can use our bay.

Thanks, Rishie

Black_EVO
02-23-2006, 10:46 PM
$1200 installed is an Awsome deal. They retail for $1195 +shipping +tax.

http://storesense.megawebservers.com/HS318/Search.bok?keyword=stance

I have to get some power mods done first though. Next year I'm getting coilovers though.

AutoRnD
02-24-2006, 12:39 AM
Retail is actually $1295.00, Enjuku has them discounted already.

Rishie

Black_EVO
02-25-2006, 07:29 AM
either way its still a good deal cheaper to get them through you guys.

AutoRnD
03-01-2006, 05:39 PM
AWESOME SHIT. So Patrick let me drive his EVO with the stance coils today. I must give Pat a BIG THANKS FROM AUTORND and Myself. This allowed me to drive the car thru various terrains as well as on and off ramps.

Initial impressions with only 15mins of driving:

1. Drove from 680 Jacklin to Montague and did the 4 ramps back to back about four times. That was fun. Turn in is phenomenal, very predictable as well. He's got a Hotchkis rear sway bar and had the damping set to 6 front and rear.

2. Drove from Montague up 680 to the Mission Blvd exit, just past Scott Creek Road. On this stretch of freeway there are some serious undulations in the road. Pretty good size bumps and so forth. The Stance coils rode very smoothly. I did not lose my stomach.

He's also running RT615 255/40/17 on Stock EVO rims.

We'll be installing a set for Mitch when the coils come in this month and i'll be able to play with different damping settings to see if there is a noticeable difference between the detents. It's 15 way adjustable. At 6 I must say i was extremely pleased. In fact I couldn't stop telling Pat, "For $1300.00 retail these coilovers are AMAZING."

All I have to say is watchout Tein. These things are SUCH A VALUE. Ride wayyyy better than stock and have amazing steering response.

Thanks, Rishie

AutoRnD
03-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Oh and this comes from a guy who is an AVID user of Zeals. I'm a bit worried to say the least. hehe. The Zeals were a tad plusher on certain bumps and offer far more valving services than the STance coils, but honestly for the standard consumer those are not necessary requirements.

earlyapex
03-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Oh sweet, a review of a product from the vendor that sells the product.

AWESOME SHIT. So Patrick let me drive his EVO with the stance coils today. I must give Pat a BIG THANKS FROM AUTORND and Myself. This allowed me to drive the car thru various terrains as well as on and off ramps.

Initial impressions with only 15mins of driving:

1. Drove from 680 Jacklin to Montague and did the 4 ramps back to back about four times. That was fun. Turn in is phenomenal, very predictable as well. He's got a Hotchkis rear sway bar and had the damping set to 6 front and rear.

2. Drove from Montague up 680 to the Mission Blvd exit, just past Scott Creek Road. On this stretch of freeway there are some serious undulations in the road. Pretty good size bumps and so forth. The Stance coils rode very smoothly. I did not lose my stomach.

He's also running RT615 255/40/17 on Stock EVO rims.

We'll be installing a set for Mitch when the coils come in this month and i'll be able to play with different damping settings to see if there is a noticeable difference between the detents. It's 15 way adjustable. At 6 I must say i was extremely pleased. In fact I couldn't stop telling Pat, "For $1300.00 retail these coilovers are AMAZING."

All I have to say is watchout Tein. These things are SUCH A VALUE. Ride wayyyy better than stock and have amazing steering response.

Thanks, Rishie

AutoRnD
03-01-2006, 07:08 PM
I would hope that you would see beyond that. I honestly had my doubts because of the price point of this coilover until I drove them.

Regardless i'm not a biased party. If I were biased I would say these are shit and tell you guys to buy Zeals. lolz.

In any case, I guess you guys can just wait for more guys to review the coilovers. They have my approval. I'm not interested in selling you products that i'm not ethically representing. Hence, we test before we sell.

Now that I've driven them and they meet our standards I am comfortable with offerring them to our client and dealer base. I guarantee you guys won't find a monotube coilover like this in this price with this performance.

Rishie

nebolic
03-01-2006, 07:21 PM
I would hope that you would see beyond that. I honestly had my doubts because of the price point of this coilover until I drove them.

Regardless i'm not a biased party. If I were biased I would say these are shit and tell you guys to buy Zeals. lolz.

In any case, I guess you guys can just wait for more guys to review the coilovers. They have my approval. I'm not interested in selling you products that i'm not ethically representing. Hence, we test before we sell.

Now that I've driven them and they meet our standards I am comfortable with offerring them to our client and dealer base. I guarantee you guys won't find a monotube coilover like this in this price with this performance.

Rishie

you want to test a set on a 350Z? :D

nebo

AutoRnD
03-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Sure I'd love to.

Do you want full coilover in the rear? It's more harsh, or do you want to go with OE style separate shock and spring in the rear?

Send me an email, i'll do one promo deal for each application they offer.

Thanks, Rishie

L8eight
03-05-2006, 06:15 PM
hmm great price, and ride great on the street, might have to look into this in a couple of months. my only ? is any pillowball clunk?

AutoRnD
03-06-2006, 02:53 AM
When I drove his car there was no obnoxious clunks.

Matz
03-06-2006, 07:27 AM
I am very tempted. My springs ride like crap.

Would the owner of the car with this suspension be willing to take a test drive on 101S from Marsh Road to 85S? That piece of road is by far the worst, and I get sick every time I drive that section in my Evo.

Matz
03-07-2006, 07:12 PM
I am very tempted. My springs ride like crap.

Would the owner of the car with this suspension be willing to take a test drive on 101S from Marsh Road to 85S? That piece of road is by far the worst, and I get sick every time I drive that section in my Evo.

:?:

island_671
05-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Bump!,,,,any more reviews on these coil's?.....

Matz
05-16-2007, 10:32 AM

Haven't heard of a single person running these coilovers since this thread.

PANGES
05-16-2007, 10:36 AM

Haven't heard of a single person running these coilovers since this thread.

haha... old ass thread. But yeah. I hear Stance coilovers are pretty common in the Subaru world. A friend mentioned to me a long time ago in the "coilover ranking system" (lol), "Stance is like the crappiest of the good stuff." lol.

byt
05-16-2007, 01:13 PM
suprflea's got them and the valving seems better than the megans. they do come with higher spring rates though (10k f/8k r) so the ride on the road can get a bit bumpy at times..

savaho
06-15-2007, 08:49 PM
I've got Stance coilovers on my MR and they ride great. Price is great too. Doing 80 on the freeway and flew over a part of the road that was pretty f'ing jacked up and didn't really feel a thing. Car stayed poised and the bumps were soaked up even with the dampening set to 10 out of 14. I recommend Stance and AutoRnD! No going wrong with both.

http://www.robertcasipit.com/albums/project/bistein_006.sized.jpg

http://www.robertcasipit.com/albums/album04/mrtails_008.sized.jpg

island_671
06-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Nice! :D