PDA

View Full Version : strut tower bars????????

1WICKED8
02-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Im looking into getting a front strut tower bar and maybe a rear.
What kind of performance should I expect it get out of them.

Which ones should i get??
Any info would be really great.
Thanks
:twisted:

earlyapex
02-17-2006, 02:47 PM
The EVO comes with a front strut bar from the factory and works just as well as any other bar that connects the two strut towers.

dohcvtec
02-17-2006, 02:48 PM

Thanks
0 from using a front since it comes with one stock. And neglegable for the rear.

Cameron@xperformance
02-17-2006, 05:11 PM
you could just get the RS one. it isnt too bling bling :lol:

vtluu
02-17-2006, 05:24 PM
you could just get the RS one. it isnt too bling bling :lol:
The RS doesn't come with a rear tower bar. That's the trunk bar you're thinking about.

Cameron@xperformance
02-17-2006, 05:27 PM
yes tam, i was talking about the rear. it connects the rear struts

MarkSAE
02-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Get the Carbing strut tower bars. The front bar has an integrated brake master cylinder brace!

vtluu
02-17-2006, 05:49 PM
Evo doesn't have struts in back, maybe you're thinking about the WRX? :nana:

"Shock tower bar" would probably be a better term for the Evo's rear tower bar.

Cameron@xperformance
02-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Evo doesn't have struts in back, maybe you're thinking about the WRX? :nana:

"Shock tower bar" would probably be a better term for the Evo's rear tower bar.
ok sorry tam, the shock tower bar....i got :owned: lol

Matz
02-17-2006, 09:32 PM
WORKS front strut tower brace for the bling bling. Go ahead and flame me all you want! :nana:

MitsuMan
02-18-2006, 12:43 AM
go with the cusco ones v-brace the rear and titanium the front

Evo442
02-18-2006, 09:29 AM
Get the Carbing strut tower bars. The front bar has an integrated brake master cylinder brace!

Yeah, I read about this, does it really add much rigidity?

Evo442
02-18-2006, 09:32 AM

Thanks

Front strut tower brace is a waste since your car has one already. Its probably in my head but I feel like my GT Spec rear strut tower brace did stiffen things up in the rear, at the track.

Instead of the front strut tower brace, how about a Works Croxx plate?

MarkSAE
02-18-2006, 10:02 AM

Yeah, I read about this, does it really add much rigidity?

Since I'm bleeding my brakes tomorrow, I might as well take some deflection measurements at the master cylinder. I'll place a dial indicator on it to see how much it moves when stomping on the brake pedal.

trinydex
02-22-2006, 03:47 AM

there is one but for the money you can get one lighter and cheaper.

the effects... that's subjective... it will tighten your rear up so when you go over bumpers in teh back... you'll feel either a, more harshness, or b more plantedness or c, a combination of both. whether that is "good" is up to how you like your car set up.

i'll drop this piece of info tho... a common misconception is that the stb is there to hold the towers together so they don't push in towards each other... this is actually false... they're there so the towers don't pull away from each other. why? cuz when you corner your tire is getting that cornering load nad that load then brings your sus inward which brings the tower its connected to outward.

what does this all mean? the strength of your bar is irrelevant. you don't need a strong bar? why? cuz tension strength is far greater than compression strength in any application. and since what you're using is tension strength... get the lightest thing possible.

i bought a dcsports bar (yes i know for shame) but it's because i think it's the best unit made, it's a full solid construction (no bolts) and it's lighter than light, it's like a pound... a pound and a half at most. and for those of you that have taken off the stocker you'd know it's more than 11 pounds. that means you're shaving a pretty 10 pounds off the highest part of the car on the heaviest end... for 140 bucks... that's a good deal to me.

i recently unriveted the dcsports plate as it got scuffed and was shameful....

KitW
02-22-2006, 04:16 PM
the effects... that's subjective... it will tighten your rear up so when you go over bumpers in teh back...

I hate when I run over bumpers. Especially the metal kind.

trinydex
02-22-2006, 07:54 PM
hahaha oops i meant bumps