PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running Buschur exhaust?

pguagenti
02-24-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm getting ready to do what I said I wouldn't, and will be trying to get a bit more power out of my Evo. So, I was going to start with a turbo-back exhaust.

The buschur stuff looks pretty solid -- anyone locally running one? I'd love to hear what you think, and maybe even meet up so I can hear it on the car.

If not Buschur, what else should I be looking at? I want a good balance of power and noise. Any input would be appreciated.

Evo442
02-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Let me say upfront that I have zero personal experience with the Buschur products. From what I can tell, though, he produces the straightest and lightest exhausts available, but from what I've heard, fitment has been an issue for some.

I have the Works turboback exhaust with the Works muffler. Used to have the Works muller delete but it was too noisy. I love my exhaust. Excellent quality and fitment. No bumps, rattles, rubs etc. Sounds good. Quite pricey tho'.

If you're doing the exhaust, you will probably want to get tuned for it. Any thoughts about who you're going to go with for that?

Sspeed
02-24-2006, 03:04 PM
I have the Buschur with the Magnaflow and love it. I had zero fitment issue and with the Magnaflow it sounds great. As the previous post stated as well, it is very light. You won't believe the difference when you lift the stock pieces.

pguagenti
02-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the input. I have been on the fence between the Buschur and the Works parts. I have run Magnaflows on a number of my cars, so that is one contributing reason for why I'd run the Buschur.

I don't know what I would do with ECU tuning. Despite the headache of it, I'm tempted to go with true engine management.

-p

racers
02-27-2006, 09:23 PM
We had the buschur exhaust with the race muffler. And all I can say is bad ass. That was the best sounding exhaust I have ever heard on an import period. But it was too loud for my wife so we have since switched:(

vtluu
02-27-2006, 11:47 PM
Had the Buschur catback with Magnaflow and it worked okay, but I hated the ghetto low-hanging muffler look. Fitment left something to be desired as well; I really had to stretch some of the exhaust hangers to make it fit.

Also not happy that they forgot to send me the hardware kit with the exhaust (which was dented by UPS on the way, since they don't bother packing the exhaust or anything) and then kinda just "acknowledged and ignored" me when I called them up about it. That kind of crap may slide with the ghetto DSM crowd, but I'm happier taking my money to WORKS, Gruppe-S, and RRE.

wrx2evo8
02-27-2006, 11:55 PM
wow earlyapex didn't tell how he has not/will not buy buschur products.. yet... anyway.. i have a complete buschur exhaust and i have no fitment problems, it sounds great, and is way lighter than stock. i will have to say that they forgot my hardware too.. i had to take my wifes car to kragen to get some clamps for the exhaust.. buschur did overnight the stuff, but i'm still running the kragen clamps..

another thing.. the buschur exhaust that i have has the "slip" fit from the cat to the intermediate pipe... so you won't be able to use most cat delete/test pipes..

MarkSAE
02-28-2006, 12:30 AM
I would highly recommend against getting a Buschur downpipe. His downpipe has a flat flange and eliminates the functionality of the donut gasket and spring-loaded bolts. The bottom line is, your whole exhaust will be hanging off your o2 housing and eventually, something will have to give. Your exhaust needs to move around when your car goes over bumps, around turns, etc..

Every other EVO downpipe on the market either uses the stock donut gasket, or has a flex section. I just don't understand why Buschur still sells his flat flange downpipes w/ no flex sections.

egui42
02-28-2006, 11:31 AM
I would highly recommend against getting a Buschur downpipe. His downpipe has a flat flange and eliminates the functionality of the donut gasket and spring-loaded bolts. The bottom line is, your whole exhaust will be hanging off your o2 housing and eventually, something will have to give. Your exhaust needs to move around when your car goes over bumps, around turns, etc..

Every other EVO downpipe on the market either uses the stock donut gasket, or has a flex section. I just don't understand why Buschur still sells his flat flange downpipes w/ no flex sections.

+1

I had this tbe, but got rid of it becasue of fitment problems and the downpipe they sent me was cut too short. Yes it was loud and light, but they didn't outweigh the problems I had with it.

dohcvtec
02-28-2006, 11:32 AM
Sounds like its a crap shoot with his products.

earlyapex
02-28-2006, 11:33 AM
I just don't understand why Buschur still sells his flat flange downpipes w/ no flex sections.

I don't understand why Buschur still sells alot of things...

DnB_design
02-28-2006, 11:58 AM
Magnaflow (http://my.prostreetonline.com/album/pic.asp?u=DnB_Design&p=magnaflow.jpg)
I have the Buschur with the Magnaflow and I love it. I had no fitment issue and with the Magnaflow it sounds great...

the buschur exhaust that i have has the "slip" fit from the cat to the intermediate pipe... but if you want a test pipe, just go get a custom one. just measure and ask if they can make it. no questions... or just say it is for your diesel truck (they don't have to smog)

smack
02-28-2006, 12:08 PM
i have this exhaust and magnaflow muffler(w/hi flow cat) and it works fine for me.
the one thing i don't like about it is the fact that it doesn't use the factory
exhaust donut, it just slips in to the o2 housing. a bit odd to me.
with slip in fittings things get a bit more suseptible to shipping damage which means a bit
of straightening before everthing goes together but it wasn't a big deal to me.

i went to this exhaust after the greddy ti was a bit too loud for me.
and now that i know even the buschur won't pass 92db. days at laguna i can't imagine that there are too many out there that will make sound (if any).
that being said at least it only takes a simple 4" turndown on the buschur to get under 90db so at least you're not swapping mufflers or exhausts
or running some silly silencer(3" to 1.5"- i bet it silences, i bet it loses power over stock with this type of setup :lol: )

vtluu
02-28-2006, 12:44 PM
You're sure the Buschur with Magnaflow won't pass sound at Laguna?

My impression (I don't have measurements to back this up) is that my WORKS ABM muffler is a bit louder, and it worked just fine at Laguna. WORKS was there with the same muffler on their Time Attack car and it passed as well, and I think that car has a cat-delete (I have the Helix HFC).

smack
02-28-2006, 01:08 PM
i'm sure it won't. it got meatballed two events ago. just over 93.5 i think.

one thing i will add is that if the lady running the booth can't tell which car is over then you can't get flagged. the event i got flagged i hadn't been caught for almost two days but that
last session i was out there almost all alone since most everyone had left.

i've seen cars that i know were louder than me making it through without lifting while everyone was in a pack.

there are also different sound limit days as well which might have be the case for the works car?

vtluu
02-28-2006, 03:43 PM
ione thing i will add is that if the lady running the booth can't tell which car is over then you can't get flagged. the event i got flagged i hadn't been caught for almost two days but that last session i was out there almost all alone since most everyone had left.

there are also different sound limit days as well which might have be the case for the works car?
Interesting info about the pack, I wondered about that. However I distinctly remember running right behind (and then in front of ;)) a green Camaro past the sound check station. I think I passed him just after turn 5. As I was driving past the flag station over the fence on the way up to 7, I saw them prep the meatball flag, and I saw the Camaro get meatballed behind me.

Given the 8 20-minute sessions I ran that day, I'm pretty sure that I passed the sound check station alone at least a few times despite the traffic. Incidentally the WORKS car was at the same event; the limit was 92 dB that day.

MarkSAE
02-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Given the 8 20-minute sessions I ran that day, I'm pretty sure that I passed the sound check station alone at least a few times despite the traffic. Incidentally the WORKS car was at the same event; the limit was 92 dB that day.

Didn't you say the WORKS car had the boost turned down? Lowering your boost will defintely quiet your car down. More boost = more exhaust energy = more sound.