PDA

View Full Version : Final Tuning Numbers with TME

hagakure
02-24-2006, 10:46 PM
Well,

Mike at Gruppe S tuned me today with the TME turbo that I purchased for 600.00 from a socalevo member. Numbers were 290 HP, 264 Torque, on straight 91 Octane. I'm very very happy. Over 250 ft pounds from 3800 RPM to 6600....It truly feels like a new car, pulls like a beast. Very safe, rich tune. Facoring in the 25% drive train loss, I've reached my goal of having 100 more HP at the crank, with approximately 380 HP. No more lack of power excuses! Cannot wait to take turn 11 at t-hill in thrid gear:). Will be interested to see how it wakes up even more on a blend of 92 and 100. Will test it out at T-hill the 22nd, as it looks like I'll be able to make the GGLC track day. Peace all.

wilson1
02-24-2006, 10:55 PM
wow, nice!
Any dynoplots?

hagakure
02-24-2006, 10:58 PM
wow, nice!
Any dynoplots?

Hey Wilson...I'm a technophobe. Maybe I can get one of the sales guys at gruppe S to post my charts for me.

wilson1
02-24-2006, 10:59 PM
what did you dynoed at before?

Steiner
02-24-2006, 11:07 PM
Nice numbers. Which year is your Evo and what other supporting mods do you have?

hagakure
02-24-2006, 11:10 PM
what did you dynoed at before?

20O3. Mods are Works exhaust, Rally cat, Works 269 cams, TME, Ecutek. Before the TME I dynoed at 279 HP, 250 torque. But the curves are MUCH fatter with the TME, so the straight numbers do not tell the whole story. Again, I'll try to get them to post the charts.

Steiner
02-24-2006, 11:14 PM
That's seems like a great mod for a 2003/2004 Evo. You get the bigger hotside and a torquey turbo. Congrats. That car must be fun to drive around town.

dohcvtec
02-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Damn nice Percy!!

On the 11th you'll have to take me for a few laps in that beast!

earlyapex
02-25-2006, 01:00 AM
Very nice!

Bet the car feels great!

Hope to see you at GGLC!

Man, I need to find some more power... :D

Evo442
02-25-2006, 06:47 AM
Congrats Percy - good #'s!

hagakure
02-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Damn nice Percy!!

Sounds good Mike....But we'll have to see if they will let us sneak into group 3 for a few laps...don't want to lose any time of the TT sessions:)!

P

hagakure
02-25-2006, 10:20 AM
Very nice!

Bet the car feels great!

Hope to see you at GGLC!

Dude,

You STILL have more power than any of us... :)

Yeah,

I'll be there the 22nd. Was going to go with TMR the 10th, but I'd rather hang with you guys.

MarkSAE
02-25-2006, 11:00 AM
Nice #s Percy!

I wish I could join you guys on the 22nd, but I'd rather not skip class as I hate falling behind. :( I may end up going to the TMR event on 3/31 since I'm on spring break that week.

earlyapex
02-25-2006, 11:25 AM
Dude,

Yea but you all are catching up! :shock: 8)

dohcvtec
02-25-2006, 11:40 AM
Damn nice Percy!!

Sounds good Mike....But we'll have to see if they will let us sneak into group 3 for a few laps...don't want to lose any time of the TT sessions:)!

P
Is each session in Group 4 part of the TT? Do they take your best out of 4?

hagakure
02-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Damn nice Percy!!

P

the time trial runs within the group four session, although you have to sign up specifically for it, submit car classification form, license app, etc...chect the TT website. But yes, they take your single best lap out of the 4 sessions.

dohcvtec
02-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Damn nice Percy!!

P

the time trial runs within the group four session, although you have to sign up specifically for it, submit car classification form, license app, etc...chect the TT website. But yes, they take your single best lap out of the 4 sessions.
I see, I've breezed through the TT stuff and it looks like it could be a lot of fun. :) I'm considering it, we'll see how this instructor thingie goes on the 11th.

hagakure
02-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Dude,

Yea but you all are catching up! :shock: 8)

Well,

No more power mods for me until my engine wears out and I go to a rebuild. No the suspension and power are correct, the driver is rapidly improving...it's time for new goals. My goal for this year is 2:02 with bypass by November..... :wink:

hagakure
02-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Damn nice Percy!!

P

I see, I've breezed through the TT stuff and it looks like it could be a lot of fun. :) I'm considering it, we'll see how this instructor thingie goes on the 11th.

You can win your class in Norcal Mike. You should strongly consider it. My goal is to qualify for the NASA nationals, if not this year, then next. You just have to score points (1st-5th places) in five events prior tot he nationals in september at Mid Ohio....even if it does not pan out it helps for me to have definitive goals.

L84AD8
02-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Nice numbers! :thumbsup: 8)

smack
02-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Very nice!

Bet the car feels great!

Hope to see you at GGLC!

if you're down on power then i might as well stop going out there at all :lol:

congrats on the "new" car percy. you know there's a 2:02 in the car now and i'm sure you'll
find it in you this season as well. i hope i'm right there with you.

wilson1
02-25-2006, 07:12 PM
sean,

did you get your evo 9 yet?