PDA

View Full Version : Blitz DTT DC2 Timer install help?

nyne
03-05-2006, 09:47 PM
I picked up a Blitz DTT DC2 Timer from a fellow NCE member and was wondering if there were any considerations that need to be taken since I have an aftermarket alarm installed. I also have the EVO harness to go with it.

lncrevoviii
03-05-2006, 09:53 PM
dude i swear to god, I found the link the other day when I was searching the forums for "how to install an Intake?" thread. Either it was here or Evom. Try searching on both and good thing was that, the thread was based on a Blitz Turbo Timer.

nyne
03-05-2006, 09:58 PM
thanks. i'll check both out.
I guess my question is kind of related to how do i install a turbo timer in an 05 evo that has an aftermarket alarm.

edit.. i've seen this post on evom, but it doesn't really answer my question
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=119316

edit.. another post
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=142227&highlight=blitz+alarm

has anyone done this?

lncrevoviii
03-05-2006, 10:16 PM
thanks. i'll check both out.
I guess my question is kind of related to how do i install a turbo timer in an 05 evo that has an aftermarket alarm.

edit.. i've seen this post on evom, but it doesn't really answer my question
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=119316

ahh i see what you are saying. I actually met a guy with a subaru outside Gruppe- S with an aftermarket alarm. He saw me lock my car using my keyless entry. He said how did i do that. I said that the service guys at Gruppe-S did it like that. He said since his car has an aftermarket alarm he can't do that. sounds like you don't want to end up like him.

nyne
03-08-2006, 01:29 AM
I need to figure out two things:

1. how to get the turbo timer to work along with my alarm as the alarm wants to unlock the doors as soon as the engine is killed.

2. since it has a built in boost gauge where can i run the 'hose/tube' ? Since I already have a boost gauge (i have the factory RS gauge) Can i just tap into that line or do I have to run the hose into the engine comparment?

nyne
03-10-2006, 01:20 AM
solved.
:) i just don't run the yellow wire from my alarm to the ignition switch any more. the timer works brilliantly. :) anyone have a pdfmanual in english for this timer? :)

craziazzmofo66
03-10-2006, 01:59 AM
solved.
:) i just don't run the yellow wire from my alarm to the ignition switch any more. the timer works brilliantly. :) anyone have a pdfmanual in english for this timer? :)

so...if u dont run ur alarm through the ignition...wouldnt it not REALLY work?? (as an alarm) cause im guessin that its there so that if the car was somehow unlocked with out the remote, and the alarm didnt go off...its suppose to not let the car start right?? i dont know...im askin this cause when i had my suby my aftermarket alarms sound broke, then once i got the remote wet..and it wouldnt work..so i tried the key at the door and it unlocked without soundin(obvisously) but it wouldnt start....

nyne
03-10-2006, 12:07 PM
you're likely right.

right now the yellow wire i had coming from the alarm was preventing me from arming the alarm whenever the ignition was turned on.. (when the turbo timer was counting down)

it also unlocked my doors whenever the engine finally cut off (by way of the timer counting to zero). the alarm arms and disarms at this time without any problem. the only side effect is a bit of flickering from the little blue status led. i'll try wiring the yellow wire into the accessory circuit and see how that works but i'm still a bit skeptical.

EDIT... the alarm still goes insane whenever you open the door when it is armed hehe.. so it seems functional as far as i can tell.. any Alarm experts that are familliar with the Astra 600 have any thoughts on this?

BOOSTonHanD
03-13-2006, 10:10 PM
Good to see you got it to work! Where did you end up mounting it. And sorry for posting with out an answer to your problem.

nyne
03-13-2006, 10:58 PM
it's just mounted on top of the steering column for now. I haven't really secured it yet --just some crappy 3m double sided tape.. lol

do you know where i can find a manual for this thing in english?

BOOSTX2
03-27-2006, 07:30 AM
Im running the same Blitz DTT DC2 mine came with an instruction manuel in english. But i have no way of scanning it. If you have a fax i can fax you a copy. 8)