PDA

View Full Version : any idea what might have happened?

DELUX
03-11-2006, 08:51 PM
So i was driving up highway 152 and i drove over an ordinary hump in the road and my car just shut off. the engine will turn over but nothing after that. im pretty sure nothing is wrong with the transmission. a couple people including the tow truck driver thought the bump in the road might have triggered a fuel cut off switch or something of that nature. im having the car towed to Capital Mitsubishi tomorrow. Cant wait to deal with those A$$holes. Any ideas of what might have happened?
-kevin

mtsevovii
03-11-2006, 09:06 PM
So i was driving up highway 152 and i drove over an ordinary hump in the road and my car just shut off. the engine will turn over but nothing after that. im pretty sure nothing is wrong with the transmission. a couple people including the tow truck driver thought the bump in the road might have triggered a fuel cut off switch or something of that nature. im having the car towed to Capital Mitsubishi tomorrow. Cant wait to deal with those A$$holes. Any ideas of what might have happened?
-kevin

WHY Capital Mitsu?

Yuh
03-11-2006, 09:19 PM
-kevin

OH MY GOD!!!
I just got my car back from capital mitsu for a similiar reason... the ecu/o2 sensor was malfunctioning, they just replaced both.. but check out my horror story:
http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8159&highlight=

7 weeks later, i got the car back with 1 broken HID ballast, 200 miles added to the ODO, and water marks everyhwere in the car. :evil:
WRITE DOWN YOUR ODO REAdinGS!!!! Luckily I did, becausey didn't write hte original Odo readings on the warranty receipt, only the milage they returned back.

those f*ckers

VOD
03-11-2006, 09:25 PM
If i were you I would just get it towed the extra mile to san rafeal mitsubishi instead have had no problems what so ever with them and the owner is very nice

DB8GSR
03-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Do you have a test pipe installed? If you do, some of the wires on your secondary O2 sensor is exposed, hitting a metal object somewhere in the chassis, and causing a short where it's strong enough to break a 20amp fuse for the engine. The engine will turn but won't fire and you can find this fuse on the fuse box next to the intake box.

btw... when you go to Capitol to pick your car up, look for a '03 Black Evo with Vortex Gen installed. More than likely, that was my car. :lol: :P And if you have an extra time to chat on one of the saleman name Patrick, tell him that Ray wants his garage door opener back!! thanks. 8)

DELUX
03-14-2006, 10:35 PM
so i had the car towed to capitol mitsu yesterday and i got it back today. suprisingly fast. i took all my mods off (cat-back, test pipe, and turbo timer) so they didnt hassle me at all. So two weekends ago my girlfriend and i took a trip to the snow to go boarding. on the way up there we were using my lap top and plugging in an adaptor to the cigarrette lighter so we could use the regular charger for the computer. i guess the adaptor was too powerful for my car b/c it kept beeping. come to find out i blew a 20 amp fuse. the adaptor is what caused it. i'm just wondering why it took a week for it to happen.