PDA

View Full Version : Ticking and Rattle Noise!!!

SilverBullet
03-13-2006, 01:52 AM
I have noticed this noise between the dash and the passenger door when driving. Rattle/squeaking/ticking sound driving me crazy! I haven't been able to find exactly where it's coming from.
Any info or advise would be appreciated..

vtluu
03-13-2006, 03:41 AM
Something rattling around in your glovebox? :lol:

Matz
03-13-2006, 06:34 AM
The only thing in the cabin in that area is the glovebox, like Tam said, or some HVAC hardware behind the glovebox... I think it's the heater? Or maybe it's in your engine bay on the passenger side, and the sound is coming in through the firewall?

evo_dadi
03-13-2006, 07:40 AM
http://www.kingsnake.com/louisiana/pics/diamondback_rattlesnake2.jpg
:?: :shock:

have you checked how the seatbelt buckle on the passenger side touches the side of the seat?ive had that happen to me a couple of times and i just made sure the buckleis facing out when not being used.

ZK
03-13-2006, 09:46 AM
I have a rattle from between the dash and front passenger door. My friend and I determined that it was the A pillar (the pillar with the tweeter speaker in it) or something behind it that was causing the sound. It only occurs when driving and isn't caused by the stereo.

I have a Lexus "rattle kit" with a bunch of different size padding and wraps. One of these days I might pull off the pillar and get rid of that rattle. IMHO though these things are a losing battle and over time you'll just get more and more rattles and creaks.

I know Lexus, BMW, Benz dealers will usually troubleshoot rattles under warranty but I doubt a Mitsubishi dealer will do that.

earlyapex
03-13-2006, 10:01 AM
I had the same type of rattle but on the drivers side when I first bought the car. It went away somehow though. :)

ek9_evo9
03-13-2006, 10:06 AM
from what my father in law said about rattles and squeaks, he used to be a service writer for ford, they are the worst to deal with and they are covered under warranty. However its very rare that you will get a service writer who will help you out with it because they are a pain in the @$$ to solve and locate

It might sound like its from the front but its actually in the rear or in the c pillar or rear speakers, u have to put into consideration that when your in the car your in a box that the audio development team for mitsu made to make sure your speakers give you the best possible sound inside.

makes sense? :?

SpinOne05
03-16-2006, 08:46 PM
I have a rattle sound from the passenger a-pillar, sounds like the same thing. It's more noticeble when it's cold outside. Use some foam tape if it's easy to locate. Otherwise forget it, you don't want take your whole dash apart looking for it and cause more things to rattle.

SpinOne05
03-16-2006, 08:46 PM
I have a rattle sound from the passenger a-pillar, sounds like the same thing. It's more noticeble when it's cold outside. Use some foam tape if it's easy to locate. Otherwise forget it, you don't want take your whole dash apart looking for it and cause more things to rattle.

Dr. Evo
03-17-2006, 08:27 AM
The rattle from the a pillar area is usually the a pillar hiting the door panel. You can push downward on the top of the door panel and it usually seats it a little bit stopping the contact for a while. Mine was doing that too.