PDA

View Full Version : Range Meet #2 @ Los Altos Range May 20th

mtsevovii
03-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Ok so ive set up a 2nd meet at the range.

how does the 20th of May sound?

10:30am at Los Altos Rod & Gun. its off hwy 9/ skyline blvd. BYOW ( bring your own weapon) since they dont rent. but you can share firearms. theres pistol/ shotgun/ and rifle. as well as a plink range.

be sure to buy the right ammo if you are sharing.

14750 SKYLINE BOULEVARD
LOS GATOS, CA 95033
(408) 867-3106

http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=14750+Skyline+Boulevard,+Los+Gatos,+CA+95033

Located just 15 minutes from Saratoga Village, on beautiful Skyline Blvd. (Highway 35)
Our range fees are $13.00 per person ($6.50 for youths 17 and under) per day. We sell ammunition, targets, clay birds, shotgun shells along with eye and ear protection at competitive prices. We do NOT sell or rent guns.

The range is open from 9 AM to 5 PM

for more information visit, www.losaltosrodandgunclub.com

if you have never been to a range before, please read the range rules on their website.

they allow your own ammo, and if you have eye/ear protection, bring them. otherwise youd have to rent or buy ear plugs. which isnt that much, but still. its money that can go into targets.

List:

1. MtsEvoIX
2. Wilson1
3. Damanc
4. Lurk
5. Toasty
6. Biged925
7. Missred (maybe)* * \
8. Jayp983 (maybe)* * > if they dont play bb wars, and play with some real steel.* :lol:
9. Drifter8 (maybe)* * /
10. MRvengeance

Dutchboy
03-20-2006, 11:22 PM
quick question about this, I moved here from Idaho, and I chose not to bring any of my guns with me, because someone told me that I would have to register my handguns (or something along those lines) after i moved. Is this true? Also Does anyone know the magazine size restrictions in this state, because all i have are 18 round and 30 round clips for my sig p226 (no conversion kits :( , yet ), and last thing i want is to get bagged for illegal mags and have my gear confiscated.

mtsevovii
03-20-2006, 11:29 PM
quick question about this, I moved here from Idaho, and I chose not to bring any of my guns with me, because someone told me that I would have to register my handguns (or something along those lines) after i moved. Is this true? Also Does anyone know the magazine size restrictions in this state, because all i have are 18 round and 30 round clips for my sig p226 (no conversion kits :( , yet ), and last thing i want is to get bagged for illegal mags and have my gear confiscated.

OUCH.... i see youre in Frisco....bad city to be in...ALL HANDGUNS are banned.

EvoRicer
03-21-2006, 12:03 AM
The law in Cali is that you can only have 10 round mags (correct me if im wrong). Also we can bring any type of Firearm? How about an AK-47? I doubt he will let me borrow it but worth a shot...hahaha.

Mister_Pants
03-21-2006, 12:19 AM
DOH! I will still be in buttonwillow for viperdays on the 2nd. Im leaving on the 31st for the BAMF Memorial race and staying to watch the vipers play. Any chance we could move this out a week? I would really like to attend.

-DUTCHBOY : Yeah you had better be careful, the wonderful constituants of the city of San Francisco decided to ban the possesion of any firearm within city limits. Since you know, criminals always use registered firearms in violent crime.

mtsevovii
03-21-2006, 12:25 AM
DOH! I will still be in buttonwillow for viperdays on the 2nd. Im leaving on the 31st for the BAMF Memorial race and staying to watch the vipers play. Any chance we could move this out a week? I would really like to attend.

-DUTCHBOY : Yeah you had better be careful, the wonderful constituants of the city of San Francisco decided to ban the possesion of any firearm within city limits. Since you know, criminals always use registered firearms in violent crime.

darn, ill set up another one when im back from my vacation, ill be gone from the 9th to the 23rd of April.

Damanc
05-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Damn did I miss it? I need to check the meets and events section more often.

mtsevovii
05-05-2006, 04:39 PM
no you didnt miss it, i held off since most people were busy that day.

im thinking of setting the 2nd one up pretty soon. any thoughts on when?

Damanc
05-05-2006, 06:26 PM
I am off most weekends my suggestion would be mid to late May.

Also just like last time I have a few weapons that I can share with members and their guests.

mtsevovii
05-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Ok the 2nd range meet will be on the 20th of May, at Los Altos Rod & Gun. :D

i'll have my M1a ready, and willing to share.

please purchase American Eagle .308 150gr. ammo if you want to use my rifle, thanks.

Lurk
05-06-2006, 08:39 PM
I gota BB gun :lol:

Damanc
05-07-2006, 01:22 AM
Well a tenative list of what I can bring. Followed by the calibers. I have no real prefrence as far as ammo goes and I can bring a lot like I did last time. But depending on the amount of people that want to shoot them it might be a good idea to bring your own.

2 M1 garands 30-06

1 Winchester model 1917 30-06

2 M1 carbines .30 carbine

1 Winchester .22

1 Winchester model 71-348 .348 if you can find it and dont mind the sore shoulder for the rest of the day.

1 Remington model 1911 pistol .45

1 Ruger revolver .22

Depending on the interest in firing something that can damn near break your shoulder I probably wont bring the model-71,(my fillings just stopped rattling from the last range day :(). And I might leave the Ruger 22 at home also. It was fun to shoot but sucked to reload.

toasty
05-08-2006, 09:51 AM
I cant wait till I go again, hopefully this time the temperature is a littel warmer then last times visit.
Brass warmers,... I guess we will still be using those things to warm ourselves if it still that cold up there.

BigEd925
05-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Count me in. I just bought a brand new .17 rifle with a 3x-9x adjustable scope. Wont be as much fun as other rifles that people are bringing but fairly accurate in 50-100 yard range. Bring .17 HMR rounds if you want a go at it.

Damanc
05-08-2006, 08:24 PM
LOL. Brass hand warmers. That has to be the only time I have been happy about getting hot brass down the back of my shirt.

toasty
05-09-2006, 10:49 AM
LOL. Brass hand warmers. That has to be the only time I have been happy about getting hot brass down the back of my shirt.
lol

mtsevovii
05-10-2006, 07:52 AM
lol, Hot avatar there toasty!

toasty
05-11-2006, 12:53 PM
lol, Hot avatar there toasty!
Thanks. I am wishing that I could buy a firearm. (1. I dont have a place to put it.) (2. too many company to choose from.) =P

Damanc
05-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Most gun places sell briefcase sized lock boxes for handgund and the longer versions for rifles. As for company I would say ask around, attend some more range days or even rent a gun at a range that does that.

MRvengeance
05-13-2006, 12:47 PM
fast cars and gun owners...........lol not a good combo.

mtsevovii
05-13-2006, 05:18 PM

are you saying that cause you think gun owners are unsafe?

street racers/drunken drivers/ and people who simply think they can drive because they have a nice car, is much more dangerous than a gun owner.

http://www.alexmarshall.org/index.php?pageId=149

owning guns is like another hobby, everyone has their thing.
At least Im not setting up Bar Meets, wouldnt you say, "cars and drinking.....not a good combo?" :lol:

and no we arent like Yosemite Sam, there is a thing called gun control.

P.S. sorry Nebo, dont take offense of "cars, and drinking"* :lol: im sure you would love the Bar Meets.

MRvengeance
05-13-2006, 09:57 PM

are you saying that cause you think gun owners are unsafe?

street racers/drunken drivers/ and people who simply think they can drive because they have a nice car, is much more dangerous than a gun owner.

http://www.alexmarshall.org/index.php?pageId=149

owning guns is like another hobby, everyone has their thing.
At least Im not setting up Bar Meets, wouldnt you say, "cars and drinking.....not a good combo?" :lol:

and no we arent like Yosemite Sam, there is a thing called gun control.

P.S. sorry Nebo, dont take offense of "cars, and drinking" :lol: im sure you would love the Bar Meets.

i'll bring my glock 21 to your meet, and afterward we can go for alittle canyon run in the 9. dude don't take too serious over a half ass joke, if you misunderstood me then it's my fault for saying it.

mtsevovii
05-13-2006, 10:09 PM
naw, im saying its a good combo. all we are missing is the ladies! :lol:

Damanc
05-14-2006, 12:51 AM
This guy posts over on Corner-carvers.com, mainly a no bullsh*t road racing and auto x type forum, as helmet case. http://www.progunprogressive.com/ A lot of the guys over there are gun enthusiasts as well.

Disclamer: If you decide to post on cc.com in the tech forums Know your stuff. There are a lot of guys on that board with more years in school than I have been alive, and they wont think twice about calling BS and proving it.I offer this thread as an example.http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2002&highlight=cross+drilled On the other hand there are a couple (2 I think) of Evo owners there. And there is a lot of good information to be had If you search for it.

Hey, I've never been to Los Altos Range before. I hope the people there won't trip out at the sight of an "evil black rifle". My preban AR has gotten some looks before at other ranges.

At the last range day we had an AR-15 there. And I brought out the 30 round mags for the carbines.

MRvengeance
05-14-2006, 11:49 AM
naw, im saying its a good combo. all we are missing is the ladies! :lol:

Hey!! guns, fast cars and women!!! every boy's dream come true!!!hahha

MRvengeance
05-14-2006, 11:52 AM
Hey, I've never been to Los Altos Range before. I hope the people there won't trip out at the sight of an "evil black rifle". My preban AR has gotten some looks before at other ranges.

wow preban........i wish i can turn back the clock.

toasty
05-14-2006, 07:06 PM
I do not think that I will be able to make the range meet. I have family stuff going,...

Damanc
05-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Sorry to hear that. Mabye Next time. My brother wont be comming this time either he got a new job and has to work weekends.

toasty
05-15-2006, 09:27 AM
Sorry to hear that. Mabye Next time. My brother wont be comming this time either he got a new job and has to work weekends.

Weekends, man that sucks.... that is most stuff are being done - on the weekends. well, I guess money is money no matter when you make it. :D its cool.

b0yw0nder
05-15-2006, 11:19 PM
what time do you guys usually go?

i might swing by to see wilson try to fire off a couple.

not sure i want to shoot, might convince myself i need to get a gun

mtsevovii
05-16-2006, 08:31 AM
ill be up there at 10:30am. it usually gets busy on the weekends.

do you guys want to meet somewhere prior to heading up?

mtsevovii
05-16-2006, 07:43 PM
for those who havnt been to LARGC as you drive up skyline, it will be on your right. slow down when you see a sign with a man riding a horse. the turn is right after it.

BigEd925
05-16-2006, 10:08 PM
If anyone wants to meet up, ill be comming from Concord, so ill pass through fremont, milpitas etc. let me know.

mtsevovii
05-18-2006, 04:49 PM
bump for Armed Forces Day

mtsevovii
05-19-2006, 12:23 AM
we will meet up at Starbucks, (stevens creek blvd/de anza) @ 10am, before heading up. for those who havent been up there before and need a guide.

BigEd925
05-19-2006, 02:26 AM
we will meet up at Starbucks, (stevens creek blvd/de anza) @ 10am, before heading up. for those who havent been up there before and need a guide.

Is this in Cupertino??

mtsevovii
05-19-2006, 02:40 AM
is this in cupertino?

yes it is

BigEd925
05-19-2006, 09:37 PM
See you guys tomorrow morning at Starbucks.

Mister_Pants
05-20-2006, 07:16 AM
Well damn I am going to be working today, doubtful i'll be able to get out of it. Have fun up there guys...maybe next time we can shoot for a sunday since I am usually doing nothing on sundays.
-Later

mtsevovii
05-20-2006, 08:26 AM
alright Mike, ill set up the next one on a Sunday.

see you all pretty soon.

Damanc
05-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Sorry I had to drop out at the last minute but I had the opertunity to work a double shipt at work and I reeeealy need the cash so I couldnt turn it down. I hope I can make the next one.

mtsevovii
05-20-2006, 01:19 PM
yeah........wilson, ed and i couldnt quite make it up there either....due to me being in an accident going up big basin.

thanks to Ed for helping me out, and wilson for stopping by.

yeah i lost my brakes on the way home, but i was able to get home safely.
now is just the matter with the car..

damn its starting to sink in...i feel bad now, hahaha. missing out on the meet. and wrecking the car.

missred
05-20-2006, 01:31 PM
wow sorry to hear that Dave, Im glad you're okay though

mtsevovii
05-20-2006, 01:41 PM
yeah....kinda sucks... well heres some shots of the scene

http://norcalevo.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=25

missred
05-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Yikes! was that a bridge over a river you were crossing when the accident happened? Thank gawd for that barrier..

mtsevovii
05-20-2006, 01:51 PM
yeah it was a creek, and hearing from a lady walking her baby, and the tow truck driver, there were 10 accidents at the same spot last year, and theres accidents there every year. a 2006 vette went down under the guard rail to the creek, same with a mini, and various other cars...

BigEd925
05-20-2006, 01:52 PM
Glad you got home safe Dave. I just got home myself, I still feel like shooting so I may go the Concord range on Monday.

The gaurd rail prevented him from going down a ditch and into a stream. So glad it was there, some passer-bys said that alot of accident happened in the same spot in the last year. All you needed was AWD!!!

wilson1
05-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Yeah, after waiting an hr for Ed and David, decided to come back down, no cell phone service there, sucks.
Findout that David has an mishap. Luckily he's okay that's all matters. :D

BigEd925
05-22-2006, 10:39 AM
Bump for a update on David's car.

mtsevovii
05-22-2006, 01:11 PM
its in the shop at the moment. things that need replacement: front bumper, right fender, air box, and brake line, everything else can be buffed out.

depending on my financial status, i could be in an evo next month, or definately by Dec.

i really appreciate you guys helping out when the incident happened. i wouldnt have know what to do if i was by myself. and after reading up on what happened to the 06 STi on Sunday i was surprised at the damage done, similar to what the tow truck driver said about the vette. the STi went down the embankment and into a tree (totalled).

im happy my car wasnt totalled and that i was still able to drive it, even though i lost the brakes later. since i might have to continue driving that car until i find a good deal on an evo.

again, a big thanks to Ed and Wilson for being there and sticking by. i feel alot better now than i did saturday. im just happy it wasnt alot lot worse.

wilson1
05-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Did that STi crashed at that same site? :shock:

wilson1
05-22-2006, 01:53 PM
I thought there were some damages to the rear fender area by the gas filler?

mtsevovii
05-22-2006, 01:55 PM
no i dont think it was the same place on 9.

no, they can hammer/buff that out.

toasty
05-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Sorry, to hear about the mishap. I hope the repairs are not too costly. Plus, I have been quite busy with school and finals coming up. I just have enough time to write a few words about the accident you just had, Dave.... seriously,.. glad that you are okay.