PDA

View Full Version : Questions about 50 trim (Model 5031RE)

Steiner
03-22-2006, 01:15 AM
It seems like a lot of the old DSM guys have good things to say about the 50 trim turbos so I wanted to see what everybody in here thinks about this unit as it relates to the Evo. How would it perform compared to the stock 16g around town and also at high RPM? How complicated is the install? How does is stack up to the other smaller aftermarket turbos in terms of power delivery and performance...20G, TME 6.5, WR, 3071, 3076, etc. Discuss. :lol:

http://evo.dejonpowerhouse.com/

Model 5031RE Often called the 50trim - Max Rated HP: 450
This is a very fast spooling turbo which works well on the street with a stock engine. It gives more power than a 16 or 20g with the durability benefits of water cooling and ball bearing center section.
Compressor wheel dia. 54mm - 50 trim Spool-Up 3200rpm on 2 liter
T31 Turbine wheel in a .63 A/R housing for good exhaust flow
Note: Waste-gate actuator and water lines sold separately below - see Accessories Section

EFIxMR
03-22-2006, 03:35 PM
I'm running that turbo on my upcoming setup.

it however is not a direct replacement, and requires a new manifold, dp, wastegate, lower ic pipe, install kit, ect...

should be good for 400 dj whp on pump with the right tune and supporting mods. 500 dj whp one race gas.

Steiner
03-22-2006, 05:09 PM
I'm running that turbo on my upcoming setup.

it however is not a direct replacement, and requires a new manifold, dp, wastegate, lower ic pipe, install kit, ect...

should be good for 400 dj whp on pump with the right tune and supporting mods. 500 dj whp one race gas.
Please keep us posted. I am very interested. :wink:

EFIxMR
03-22-2006, 05:16 PM
I'm waiting for the stuff to come in. should be here in april. the 50 trim is very popular and is actually on backorder.