with fogs
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/qwk_wrx/IMG_1462.jpg

front view just HID lows
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/qwk_wrx/IMG_1454.jpg

front view w/ lowbeam HID's and fogs
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e147/qwk_wrx/IMG_1456.jpg

drunk monkey
03-29-2006, 11:01 AM
isnt the point of fog lights to be seen in the fog?

i would think with hid fog lights the light will bounce off the fog crazy. and you cant see anything. dont know if the pics above are hid foglights or not.

i still think low level fog lights are best. yellow ftw!

Carlo

nebolic
03-29-2006, 12:35 PM
isnt the point of fog lights to be seen in the fog?

i would think with hid fog lights the light will bounce off the fog crazy. and you cant see anything. dont know if the pics above are hid foglights or not.

i still think low level fog lights are best. yellow ftw!

Carlo

no the point of fog lights is for you to see better in the fog.

The fog light is suppose to be directed at an angle so that you can see the painted lines on the road.

nebo

L8eight
03-29-2006, 07:17 PM
btw here is the text review of everything 8)

-Rocky

SSL review

Headlights: I have owned a WRX, and an E36 M3. The WRX recieved JDM projectors, a nice output (no HID kit). the E36 M3 recieved ZKW euro glass projectors with a 6k HID kit it worked well, a little better then the wrx. Except everyonce in awhile the ballast would not fire or it would go out on me when it was on, not the safest lol. both cars had fogs but were literally useless. The SSL headlights are awesome. the stock 4100k bulbs look blueish so they have the cool HID look, without the problem of being too blue. the white light the OEM mitsu HID's put out is clearly visible in dim lighting conditions (dusk) where 6k and up kits start to become not so visible. The fogs are awesome, many say they do not use them. I do. I live in Pt. Reyes and in Monterey for school (VERY FOGGY, and alot of deer in pt reyes) the HID's do a good job of lighting up the road but the fogs just add even more light in the front of the bumper to about 25-30ft in front. the highs on all 8's and 9's are awesome!

Leather seats: The leather is a nice touch in my opinion. the all black Recaros look beautiful. they have a perforated leather center and full leather on the bolsters. although the leather on the doors looks a little cheesy it is still decent looking. the leather is decent, not as great as the OEM leather in say BMWs, Audis, Mercedes etc. but still a nice feel. Unless its a hot day then you should hope that you are not wearing shorts Wink

Sound System: the OEM infinity sound system is not all that bad. i had a very nice sound system in my bimmer (memphis 12in sub, seperates alpine 4 channel and an alpine mono plus a bunch more) and it sounded great. But i think the infinity sound system is decent, and coming from what i had before that is saying something. for instince all i did was replace the factory head unit with a aftermarket alpine CDA 9855. i only did this so i could play Mp3 Cd's as the OEM unit will not play them, and skips a bit with normal CD's. the only draw back is that when upgrading the HU you must buy a a 6 pin DV cable which is about 30 dollars and another 15 dollar harness.

Sunroof: Nothing special, the sunroof controller looks a bit cheap like an integra or honda. But the sunroof does not slide over the roof. it actually retracts inside the roof which is nice. also it has a one push auto back, close and tilt for quick on the fly adjustment. btw, its nice having a sunroof for those sunny days Cool

all in all, i believe there is a wieght increase, but i know my car is not going to see the track every weekend so the added weight for a little bit of class does not bug me. i would reccomend it if you have the chance to do it. in the end it will also give you a little more value to you car when it comes time to sell...

my 2 pennys, good luck with your purchase.

EvoRicer
03-29-2006, 08:04 PM
I drive through the fog with my foglights off...with the HID and foglight combo in the fog it's too bright for me and hurts my eyes...Normal driving I drive with foglights on...