PDA

View Full Version : Dealer told me MR is coming ($10k over sticker)

300kpa
04-04-2004, 04:22 PM
I was shopping for an EVO yesterday at Hayward Mitsubishi. The sales didn't went through because I didn't get what I wanted from my trade-in. Anyway, I asked about the MR and the fleet manager told me that the MR is coming and it will be officially announced to the dealers within 3 weeks. They even offer me the MR for $10k above the sticker price, but he wants my deposit for it.

I was like, first, Hayward Mitsu does not have a very good reputation. Second, what if the MR is not actually coming? Then I will have to find my way to get my deposit back?

Come on, I am not a stupid kid who knows how to burn my parents' money... spending $10k over the sticker for a Japanese car? I think EVO is a great fun car, and that's why I am shopping for one. But paying $10k over the sticker is estimated to be $45k OTD. I don't know, but it will not be me.

I think I will go to San Rafael Mitsu after I sold my other car. Please PM me if you know how much I should be getting my EVO for from Snorre(?).

Thanks!

wilson1
04-04-2004, 04:49 PM
Hey 300kpa,

Just tell him Wilson send you over, and he will give you a super deal!

Wilson

nebolic
04-04-2004, 05:01 PM
well the dealer might have been mistaken. He might have meant the RS is coming. I doubt the MR which they state is coming will be aviable anytime soon. Even if it is announced, the earliest that the MR would be able to make it here will be next year.

300kpa
04-04-2004, 07:37 PM
well the dealer might have been mistaken. He might have meant the RS is coming. I doubt the MR which they state is coming will be aviable anytime soon. Even if it is announced, the earliest that the MR would be able to make it here will be next year.

I know he meant the "MR", he even mentioned about the 6-speed and the BBS wheels. Anyhow, I really think that he tried to make me putting down deposit for something that is NOT coming yet.

SouthernCrane
04-04-2004, 08:08 PM

I know he meant the "MR", he even mentioned about the 6-speed and the BBS wheels. Anyhow, I really think that he tried to make me putting down deposit for something that is NOT coming yet.

Did he mention anything about ACD/AYC?

lambtron
04-04-2004, 08:25 PM
dude...go to concord mitsubishi, ask to talk to kevin, tell him vishnu sent you, he'll hook you up

GReddy_917
04-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Did he mention anything about ACD/AYC?

Ill second that question.

300kpa
04-05-2004, 10:28 AM
[quote="SouthernCrane"]Did he mention anything about ACD/AYC?

Nope, he didn't mention the ACD/AYC. He only said "It has bigger wheels, 286HP, and all the goodies that you probably know about..." :roll:

Yuh
04-08-2004, 01:27 AM
http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2004040782696&mime=JPG

damn.. i guess its time to upgrade to better LSDs in order to compete

vtluu
04-08-2004, 01:31 AM
http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2004040782696&mime=JPG

damn.. i guess its time to upgrade to better LSDs in order to compete
Compete? I'm curious, do you actually track/autocross/rallycross/drag your Evo? (Not that an LSD would help you at the drags.)

nebolic
04-08-2004, 08:24 AM
so i guess its official then that the MR is coming to the states?

Black_EVO
04-08-2004, 03:45 PM
so i guess its official then that the MR is coming to the states?

That's what the Mitsubishi website says. They will start selling in Fall '04.

jomama
04-08-2004, 03:47 PM
300kpa, i was at the MY Dealership in Salinas and they have two 2003 evos both stickered at $28k (w/ sunroof and cf spoiler) one white and one silver. didn't get a chance to check out the mileage on them but pretty sure they're new. just wanted to give you a heads up.

good luck, joe

evo_dadi
04-08-2004, 07:41 PM
300kpa, i was at the MY Dealership in Salinas and they have two 2003 evos both stickered at $28k (w/ sunroof and cf spoiler) one white and one silver. didn't get a chance to check out the mileage on them but pretty sure they're new. just wanted to give you a heads up.

good luck, joe
sup jo :D thats the same price i got my evo for and theyre pretty straight out no mark ups and a bunch of nice people.