PDA

View Full Version : apexi noir vs rsr ex mag

leif
04-01-2006, 12:42 AM
Both of these exhaust looks identical...(and unfortunately both neck at the cat but cest la vie)... any differences in power out put or noise? I swear I’m developing tennitus from my current setup so something has to be changed.

mattbcool
04-01-2006, 01:37 AM
bump!
plus its funny because i have also been looking at this particular apexi exhaust... cars just too loud.
whats the best price uve found so far?

leif
04-01-2006, 01:22 PM
ok the difference is that the apexi noir is resonated, the exmag is not so it wont be as quiet as the noir. i think thats worth the 5hp i might lose. speed element has the apex for like 525 bux or something, im probly gunna order one next week.

mattbcool
04-02-2006, 01:22 PM
want me to check the price and see what i can get for u?

leif
04-02-2006, 03:41 PM
sure.

wilson1
04-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Do they both have blackout tips too?

Evo8andahalf
04-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Do they both have blackout tips too?

no just the apexi, the rsr still has the silver tip that kinda looks like stock

bdking57
04-04-2006, 01:27 PM
sweet.. I might have to ditch the RSR GT II for the noir exhaust. A logic performance resonated test pipe together with the noir exhuast sounds like a pretty good combo.

ZK
05-23-2006, 04:14 PM
Has anyone actually heard both back to back? Is the EXMAG really louder?

leif
05-24-2006, 01:06 AM

the exmag acutally has some exhaust note to it, i still havent heard the noir in person tho.

now im looking at the tanabe super duper medallion or whatever the f its called. spose to be under 95db.

SpeedElement
05-24-2006, 10:38 AM
You guys are always welcome to come by the shop to check out the NOIR in person. We have it on one of our shop evo. it has a 3" dp and testpipe and the car is not loud at all.

ZK
05-24-2006, 10:57 AM
the exmag acutally has some exhaust note to it, i still havent heard the noir in person tho.

now im looking at the tanabe super duper medallion or whatever the f its called. spose to be under 95db.

The RSR is full stainless construction so maybe that makes a difference?

Here's an article on exhausts for the Evo. The EXMAG doesn't put out the most power and it isn't the quietest either.

http://1.myfreebulletinboard.com/evo808-about292.html

dohcvtec
05-30-2006, 07:23 AM

I have the NOIR it is nearly as quiet as stock. Are you going to the NASA Reno event on the 24th? I'll have my car there and you can check it out then.

KitW
05-30-2006, 12:22 PM
with a test pipe, my Apex'i with a custom 3" midpipe is pretty loud under boost, but quieter than my s2000 if you're not on the throttle hard. The s2000 is stock.

earlyapex
05-30-2006, 12:27 PM
I have the NOIR it is nearly as quiet as stock.* Are you going to the NASA Reno event on the 24th?* I'll have my car there and you can check it out then.

You're bringing your EVO to a track event?

dohcvtec
05-30-2006, 01:21 PM
I have the NOIR it is nearly as quiet as stock. Are you going to the NASA Reno event on the 24th? I'll have my car there and you can check it out then.

:)

warpspeed
05-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Well here is the set up on mine.* Compared to the RMR, this exhaust is quiet.

http://www.norcalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&topic=6619.0

EFIxMR
05-30-2006, 04:36 PM
http://www.speedelement.com/forsale/evoexhaust/superlongtestpipe.jpg

we made a super long test pipe for our noir exhaust for track days / dynoing

MR JayR
05-30-2006, 04:42 PM
Andy,

Is that "super long test pipe" still on the car right now? or is that a picture of when you threw it on before?

EFIxMR
05-30-2006, 05:32 PM
its not on the car right now

dohcvtec
05-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Nice, are you planning on selling those? Also, how loud is it like that? :)

EFIxMR
05-31-2006, 03:30 PM
We can make this setup for people who are interested. price depends on the going rate of stainless steel. probably around $200.

SpeedElement
06-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Got more Apex'i NOIR in stock. 2 systems are up for grabs! :)

call me up!

Cal

crctslt
06-19-2006, 11:26 PM

Stunning isn't it

EV0LL
08-26-2006, 01:45 PM
I read all the internet hype on this exhaust and being into the whole stealthy thing here I thought cool, stock up on them. I got one in and Ouch! They are only 2" diameter inside :idiot2:

Inside the first resonator:
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/parts/apexi/noir/2inchid.jpg

My tester:
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/parts/apexi/noir/soysauce.jpg

Mike W

Since this seems to be the stealth cat-back thread, I thought I'd add this here:

Picked up a used RSR-Exmag from a norcal evo member today and took a peep inside the muffler section. Sure enough it has about an
8 inch long section that necks down to 2 inches inside the muffler:
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/14524/RSR_Muffleropening_1.jpg
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/14524/RSR_Muffleropening_2.jpg

Can't say I'm surprised, since I knew back in the DSM days the RSRs were known to have small sections in the muffler. RRE used to pimp them like mad tho until they finally
opened one up ;) The rest of the exhaust is pretty open though. the main pipe is 3 inches all the way with no resonator sections like the NOIR. It does however have the
requisite neckdown section for the factory cat where its only 2.75 inches wide, boo-hoo :'( Its only about 1&3/8ths long though. Not sure it its even worth cutting out and replacing
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/14524/normal_RSR_Catneckdown.jpg

Good thing I guess, I'm not going for ultimate power. With the way the cops are around here, I definitely wanted something stealth, and not so loud. My car dynoed 239whp bone stock on the gruppe-s dyno. I plan to go back and dyno the car again once I get the full TBE on and flash the ECU as needed for the IXs when u slap on an exhaust.

KitW
08-31-2006, 09:48 AM
I have an A'pexi World Sport. It's the same as the Noir, without the black.

I found a 3" midpipe that works well with it (full stainless, too) and keeps the car pretty quiet at low throttle. It's definitely not quiet when you open it up, especially with a downpipe and test pipe.

I'm very happy, very little droning, but with a full 3" straight through exhaust. (The A'pexi muffler doesn't neck down in it, just the midpipe.

However, if I were to do it again, I'd get the Tanabe Super Medallion Touring. Seems like a good price/performance bargain and it necks down less at the cat.

RgistRdShowoffIX
09-02-2006, 01:35 AM
This thread is intresting. Very helpful all of you.

oh and It must be getting late for me because i read Kit's post ^ as "I found a 3" Midget...."

06IXMR
09-02-2006, 12:42 PM
I kinda like the Turbo XS exhaust but, not many people use it...

EV0LL
09-05-2006, 06:03 PM
I have an A'pexi World Sport. It's the same as the Noir, without the black.

I found a 3" midpipe that works well with it (full stainless, too) and keeps the car pretty quiet at low throttle. It's definitely not quiet when you open it up, especially with a downpipe and test pipe.

I'm very happy, very little droning, but with a full 3" straight through exhaust. (The A'pexi muffler doesn't neck down in it, just the midpipe.

However, if I were to do it again, I'd get the Tanabe Super Medallion Touring. Seems like a good price/performance bargain and it necks down less at the cat.

Hmm, for some reason I thought you also had the RSR exhaust...

EFIxMR
09-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Just to throw in some more info on these apex noir, we have dynoed this exhaust on numerous cars, and found the difference on a BPU setup to be only 10 whp compared to a full 3".

Remember all the HP in the world doesn't do any good on your DD if it gives you a head ache driving it.

Endoe
09-15-2006, 11:26 PM
wow..all these option are making crazy..... i want power on my 05 evo but dont want to get harrase by popos...im running catless dp on to a stock catback exhaust...so i guess the TI's are out...because of the noise.... i think the noir is a plus over the stock right guys.... :) oh and forgot to asked...stock cat back is 2.25in and the noir is 2.0in????

masurie
09-16-2006, 12:32 AM
You guys are always welcome to come by the shop to check out the NOIR in person. We have it on one of our shop evo. it has a 3" dp and testpipe and the car is not loud at all.

+1

i got pretty much teh sema setup, 3"dp, test pipe and noir. i honestly enjoy my car more thatn when i have my HKS carbon ti on my car. if i lost any power its not significant at all and i think its worth it. Cops drove behind me for like 1-2 minutes and then he just passed me and waived at me. I dont think he will waive if he saw HKS ti on my car.