PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with the car????

DELUX
04-03-2006, 02:22 PM
So my friend has an 05 VIII. Mods are as follows: Injen intake, Gruppe-s headers (the ones they sale with the 02 housing), 02 housing, Injen D/P, cat delete, and Catback, and we just installed my HKS SSQV BOV. He had his car dynoed at gruppe-s without the BOV and the results were 213 whp. Obviously something is wrong. Gruppe-s said maybe he has a leak somewhere. We hooked up his mechanical boost gauge to see if he had full boost and the result was weird. It was not reading any vacuum at all and when he was completely on it it only went to about 11 pounds of boost. At around 6000rpm it would slowly climb and finally peak at 16 pounds. I'm not sure how the Evo's are supposed to act when correctly functioning and being stock but what is going on with his car? I thought he would for sure put down like 260 whp and aren't the Evo's supposed to peak at 19 pounds of boost and then gradually drop at high rpm's? Oh ya, and the BOV wasn't even going off. Anyway if anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks for your time.
-Kevin

earlyapex
04-03-2006, 02:27 PM
It's running off the wastegate. The stock boost vac lines aren't hooked up correctly.

You also might have the BOV backwards.

Where did you tap the boost gauge? No vac is impossible.

MitsuMan
04-03-2006, 08:22 PM
thats a good place to start. check all the basics first and next time have a pro do the install

lncrevoviii
04-03-2006, 09:28 PM
You also might have the BOV backwards.

ohh man, brings back the old memories. :lol:

Really tho, take pics of your engine, around the intake, bov, and the two lines on the bottom of the intake, which come from the boost solenoid. The two lines on the bottom, make sure they are plugged in the right spots. The one in front of the car, basically closest to the front bumper goes to the wastegate, and the other one goes to into the little gromet on the bottom of the intake. check those out and the recirc valve or the Bov which ever one you are running.

remember take pics.