PDA

View Full Version : springs, and coilovers

drunk monkey
04-04-2006, 12:43 PM
okay its almost summer. and its time to do my first mod for the evo. i am doing suspension first.

now. heres the deal. i will most likely not track or autox my car, with a 3 year old daughter and a son on the way. i dont have time to devote to the track or autox. and my evo is a daily driver.

i am looking into a good set of springs, combine with with the works pillowball mounts. what type of springs that are almost on par with the stock handling or surpasses it. are there aftermarket struts besides the blistiens?

what coilovers that are comparble to a good spring shock combo. i was looking into the helix. and the megan racing ones. getting these low price coilovers should be a given. but if one is not going to autox or track seems like a waste. but the biggest con about that is the price up front. granted they are on the lower end of the scale. but still 700-900 is a pretty big chunk to devote at one time.

any suggestions. please dont just be baised on saying just coilovers.

Carlo

Evo442
04-04-2006, 01:11 PM
I pm'd you back.

vtluu
04-04-2006, 02:16 PM
If you're not autocrossing or tracking it, why not just leave it stock?

If you want a bit more comfortable ride, then get the MR Bilstein struts; probably quite a few used ones available cheaply. Springs, I'd say go with the WORKS springs, or maybe Eibachs, if you're looking for a bit of a drop.

drunk monkey
04-04-2006, 02:23 PM
If you're not autocrossing or tracking it, why not just leave it stock?

If you want a bit more comfortable ride, then get the MR Bilstein struts; probably quite a few used ones available cheaply. Springs, I'd say go with the WORKS springs, or maybe Eibachs, if you're looking for a bit of a drop.

well i wanted to lower just a bit. i will do some spirited driving on some back roads. mr shocks i seen ppl sell them for about 500. or more for used. quite pricey for some used shocks.

keep the suggestions coming

Carlo

L8eight
04-04-2006, 02:54 PM
well i am going to be doing a couple auto-x's here and there and maybe a trackday or two in the next 6 months and coilovers are'nt fitting the budget quite yet, possibly down the line though (saving for Ohlins). But for now i wanted a stiffer spring and a small drop (1-1.3in in front and .5-.75 in the rear) so i decided on the Swift springs, they make great quality stuff and my buddy has them on his daily driver (wrx) and took it to thunder hill recently and said they were awesome.

e_vol
04-04-2006, 09:47 PM
I'm running the Eibach springs and they're a little stiffer than the stock MR and very forgiving for the street. I believe they're about 25% stiffer and about 1.25" lower all around.

Hope this helps :D

drunk monkey
04-05-2006, 11:13 AM
well i am going to be doing a couple auto-x's here and there and maybe a trackday or two in the next 6 months and coilovers are'nt fitting the budget quite yet, possibly down the line though (saving for Ohlins). But for now i wanted a stiffer spring and a small drop (1-1.3in in front and .5-.75 in the rear) so i decided on the Swift springs, they make great quality stuff and my buddy has them on his daily driver (wrx) and took it to thunder hill recently and said they were awesome.

how much are they?

Carlo

lancerboy
04-06-2006, 09:58 PM
works are selling them for $175 http://www.worksevo.com/store/index.php?cPath=26

Jamie@WORKS
04-07-2006, 11:20 AM
works are selling them for $175 http://www.worksevo.com/store/index.php?cPath=26

If you're referring to the Swift springs, those listed are for coilovers and the price may go up depending on spring rate, free length, etc... The Swift Sport Mach lowering springs retail at $379.

The WORKS Ride springs for the MR/Bilsteins are currently $299: http://www.worksevo.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=71