PDA

View Full Version : Regional Forums

JanSolo
04-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Would you folks be interested in having regional forums for different areas such as SF Bay Area, Sacramento, San Joaquin Valley, etc? Or does division based upon region seem useless? Please let us know by voting.

This poll will remain open for 2 weeks.

drunk monkey
04-05-2006, 09:50 AM
i say its a good idea. group it like what you have and also have a main norcal section too.

Carlo

ek9_evo9
04-05-2006, 10:08 AM
great idea
+10

evo_dadi
04-05-2006, 01:57 PM
sounds good since we are constantly growing 8)

MAB1025
04-05-2006, 02:29 PM
+1. It would greatly help out in setting up mini meets as well as in the classified section.

Evo442
04-05-2006, 04:29 PM
yes.

vtluu
04-05-2006, 04:51 PM
I voted "No" and here's why: what you actually want is the option to classify threads by region, i.e. the thread starter can associate a region with that thread. Then later on someone can simply choose to look at threads associated with a region of their choice, for example they might want to filter the "Meets" forum by region and only find meet threads associated with, for example, Sacramento.

The problem with having regional forums with this current software is that you won't know if you should post, say, classifieds posting in the regional forum or the classifieds forum. Leading to double-posting. Also, those looking for that item won't know whether to look in the classifieds forum, or every regional forum. A solution would be the ability to list a thread to multiple forums, but I don't think the current software can do that.

Dr. Evo
04-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Can we get a Humboldt forum? There are like three of us up here :thumbsup:

byt
04-05-2006, 05:24 PM
I voted no. I think what would end up happening is a handful of posts scattered about the various regions and lots of double posting.

BigEd925
04-05-2006, 05:26 PM
I voted "No" and here's why: what you actually want is the option to classify threads by region, i.e. the thread starter can associate a region with that thread. Then later on someone can simply choose to look at threads associated with a region of their choice, for example they might want to filter the "Meets" forum by region and only find meet threads associated with, for example, Sacramento.

+1

mtsevovii
04-05-2006, 05:28 PM
www.bayarea-evo.net

just started. its going to be a merge for the east bay dinner club.

EvoKid
04-05-2006, 10:29 PM
I voted yes and here's why....

It's easy for you Bay area guys to say "No" because you guys have no problem finding other Evo owners in your area. IMHO, this site already seems like "BayAreaEvo.net". There is a lot more northern california then just the bay. If we had a "northern Norcal" regional forum, it would be easire for people like me to find local evo owners and have meets, etc.

I dont think that the classified forums should be regional.

XVeloX
04-05-2006, 11:08 PM
i see the idea behind the additional section in the forum, but i honestly don't think it will be used all that much.

First off, we wouldn't want too many different regions, because you know that everyone will want their own region, even if they are the only person in that region.

Second, it could only be used for...what mini-meets? Regional install tips? I don't think there should be a classified section in each, because then others are missing out, even if they are willing to drive way out of their way to buy an item. This is what i think it will boil down to... there will be 5 posts or so, asking who is in that specific region, and some people will post back, and that's about it. having NCE and a SCE makes sense. But relitavely speaking we are all pretty close by.

I haven't decided whether to vote yes or no yet, but if someone can tell me what they would be used for besides things we already have, i don't see the point. If we really want to know what region of NorCal we are in, shit i dunno put a pull down menu in our profile's so it shows up next to the avatars. Yes, this is what the "Location: " bit is for, but that is always messed with. Just my 2 cents, but if someone can have valid reasoning, sure lets have one.

not tryin to bash you jan, just my thoughts on it...

JanSolo
04-05-2006, 11:53 PM
not tryin to bash you jan, just my thoughts on it...

No offense taken. Furthermore, this is explicitly why we are letting everyone vote on the regional forum and speak their mind. No one has a perfect perspective on the situation (least of all me), so input and feedback is always appreciated.

DJMic0
04-06-2006, 07:58 AM
I vote no because, we're a small group anyways and there's not always a load of new thread to read every day. I agree with Evokid that this forum does seem like a Bay Area Evo forum, but we REAL Northern Cali people can do without the help of regional splits. As for mini meets, just post the City name then the topic for example Sacramento: Evolicious Parking Lot Pimping. :wink:

Mike

chrisw
04-06-2006, 08:13 AM
if we were to integrate with socalevo.net, then I think regional forums would make sense.

we already have a regional forum, it's called norcalevo.net. 8)