PDA

View Full Version : strange noise

missred
04-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Alright I've had the car grounded for a week, started her up and was in the process of backing her up when this strange humming noise emits from the front of the vehicle, the thing about it , is that when I fully depress the clutch the noise goes away and with the clutch partly engaged it's when this humming noise starts again. Strangely though after taking her for a drive around the block this noise is no longer there??? Anyone experince this? If the TC is going out will it make a noise such as this? I've also never heard this so called siren sound prior to this incident if the TC is in fact going out. Any feed back would help..

earlyapex
04-05-2006, 02:25 PM
The car sat for a week?

Did you put it away wet from the rain? Did it make this noise as soon as you backed the car up? Or did it make the sound when the car wasn't even moving?

Sounds like you got some rust/etc on the rotors from being wet and they where rubbing agains the pads.

If it made the noise while the car was sitting still, then it could be your throw-out bearing. Was it a slight rattle/hum noise?

Also could have been some buildup on the flywheel. You said the noise went away after driving it for a bit?

missred
04-05-2006, 03:06 PM
The car sat for a week?

Did you put it away wet from the rain? Did it make this noise as soon as you backed the car up? Or did it make the sound when the car wasn't even moving?

Sounds like you got some rust/etc on the rotors from being wet and they where rubbing agains the pads.

If it made the noise while the car was sitting still, then it could be your throw-out bearing. Was it a slight rattle/hum noise?

Also could have been some buildup on the flywheel. You said the noise went away after driving it for a bit?

Yes I did put it away while it was wet. No sound was made while the car sat idle, no movement. Yes the noise went away, rust in flywheel? Is that a bad thing

no rattle sound, just a slight hum, again when I was backing it up only.

again I really appreciate your help, I dont know if Im being a little paranoid.

earlyapex
04-05-2006, 03:23 PM
If you put it away wet, and it sat for a bit, and it only made that sound when you moved the car my bet is on rust on the rotors.

It's normal.

missred
04-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Thanks Bryan :D

EVO GRIM
04-05-2006, 06:39 PM
Rode it hard and put away wet. Thats yer prob.

missred
04-05-2006, 07:07 PM

:lol:

mygsx
04-29-2006, 09:29 PM
Rode it hard and put away wet. Thats yer prob. :lol: :lol: :lol:

L8eight
05-08-2006, 05:43 PM

werd ;)