PDA

View Full Version : View post since last visit??????

EvoKid
04-07-2006, 09:21 PM
When I go to the home page , the "View post since last visit" the number next to it says"94" but when I click the "view post since last visit" link, it says "Search found 32 matches".

This happens everyday, just using todays number. Anyways, why doesn't search find all the new post.?? Or is it that there is only 32 new post, not 94???

Can Anybody shed some light on this?

Thanks

Matz
04-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I brought up that subject before and was given an incorrect answer. It's a minor annoyance that I've come to expect, and it's not like we can complain since we don't even pay to be members of the forum.

I think my problem is a little different than yours. I do all of my NCE posts from one computer (which invalidates the cookies explanation that I was given). I notice that this happens only when I'm switching from one subnet to another (i.e. home -> work). If I'm connected at home or work all of the time, my new post search works properly.

It's possible that you're also using the back arrow to go to your home page, which doesn't automatically refresh (like evom dows). So if you navigate back, you'll see the wrong number of posts, and when you click on the link, the search will actually give you the right number of posts.

Dr. Evo
04-07-2006, 10:34 PM
I beleive the first page is the number of individual posts new, and th esecond is the number of threads with new posts in them.

JanSolo
04-08-2006, 08:51 AM
I beleive the first page is the number of individual posts new, and th esecond is the number of threads with new posts in them.

Correct! Give this man a cigar.