PDA

View Full Version : Need Help On Installing Injen Intake!!!!!

1WICKED8
04-09-2006, 12:55 AM
Just like the title says I need help, I have a 2003 WW VIII
Im going to install it tomorrow. If you guys can give me any help at all that would be great...
This is my first time installing an Intake in an evo.
Thanks.. :twisted:

Hot8Evo
04-09-2006, 03:19 AM
Im going to install it tomorrow. If you guys can give me any help at all that would be great...

Im willing to help you out because i have injen also and its easy for me to know which one need to come out but, im kinda busy tom. If you want you can come by at my house and i will show you how it looks and you will get some ideas whats suppose to look like. I can even tell you which one you need to take it off... Call me around 1030 am. Ilive 5 mins from great mall..

DJMic0
04-09-2006, 03:26 AM
if you do the install, can you do a "How To" thread. It would be nice to have it available on the net. Pictures please!

Matz
04-09-2006, 08:16 AM

I did an HKS intake installation on an Evo before... PM me if you have any specific questions. Does the Injen intake replace more than the stock airbox (i.e. hardpipes, etc)?

Hot8Evo
04-09-2006, 11:10 AM

I did an HKS intake installation on an Evo before... PM me if you have any specific questions. Does the Injen intake replace more than the stock airbox (i.e. hardpipes, etc)?

The injen intake come with all the ic pipings and need to take everything off like for EX the bumper...

Matz
04-09-2006, 11:43 AM
The injen intake come with all the ic pipings and need to take everything off like for EX the bumper...

Ah, okay. :) That's a bit of work.

evo8dustu
04-09-2006, 11:56 AM
tommy, if you need help i can meet up with you and help you install it.

twEeker
04-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Nah, you don't need to take off the bumper, just the undertray. I had this on my car like a year ago, but then I took if off because my car ran like ass afterwards. It's pretty simple, and they should have sent you the instructions. I did it myself and I have never even installed an intake before then. Just be carefull with the maf sensor.

EvoRicer
04-09-2006, 07:04 PM
It would be easier but longer if you take off the front bumper. Sometimes, Mitsu Hides the screw to loosen the clamp. When I did my 03, I had to take the bumper off because the screw drivers I had could not fit between the Bumper and IC pipes to loosen the clamps. For the Injen intake setup, you remove the whole upper IC pipe except the stock hose connected to the IC. Then for the intake, you remove everything including the Airbox and the Bracket. Then you have to remount the Stock BCS on the Wierd 90 Degree bend bracket. Then theres a screw that has a rubber piece in the middle, that piece is to keep the IC pipe in place and not move around. The rubber separates the Upper IC bracket from contact with the frame so it doesnt rattle. Your Injen setup didn't come with Instructions?

STR8DVS
04-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Nah, you don't need to take off the bumper, just the undertray. I had this on my car like a year ago, but then I took if off because my car ran like ass afterwards. It's pretty simple, and they should have sent you the instructions. I did it myself and I have never even installed an intake before then. Just be carefull with the maf sensor. I am with you with out a ECU upgrade the intake makes the car slower or atleast it did on mine.