PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Evo for Testing

Brainstorm Performance
04-08-2004, 08:24 AM
We are looking for a volunteer to lend their Evo 8 to testing of a new engine management system. You must be willing to lend us your car for 1 - 2 weeks whilst your car is tuned with the product. The tuning will take place in Portland, OR, so you must be able to get the car there and back.

What's in it for you? You will drive home with the new system in your car, making more power. And what's better is you get to keep it for free!

If your car is available and you can get it to Portland then call us for more information on (310) 313-0088.

559EVO
04-09-2004, 01:01 AM
That's a long time without an EVO.

vtluu
04-09-2004, 01:04 AM
If it didn't involve both driving to Portland and being without my Evo for a couple weeks, I'd do it. Ah well...

uhoh_evo
04-09-2004, 10:39 AM
wouldn't it just be easier to get someone from Oregon to give up their evo? also, why are you located in LA? is this like a branched off shop or a car group or what? and why would it take so long? on your info for "cars" you say you have "all of them" so you should already have an evo to be familiar with. what cars do you guys have as your own. i know a lot of shops that want to test on cars just go and buy their own. (ie: "project ---"). just wondering.

thomas
04-09-2004, 11:53 AM
wouldn't it just be easier to get someone from Oregon to give up their evo? also, why are you located in LA? is this like a branched off shop or a car group or what? and why would it take so long? on your info for "cars" you say you have "all of them" so you should already have an evo to be familiar with. what cars do you guys have as your own. i know a lot of shops that want to test on cars just go and buy their own. (ie: "project ---"). just wondering.

:werd:

WRXTodd
04-09-2004, 06:44 PM
you can use my WRX!

warpspeed
04-09-2004, 09:19 PM

That's true though. If you are not confident with doing the tuning to your own evo, then why should one of us volunteer our evo :roll: . And for 2 weeks :shock:

Brainstorm Performance
04-10-2004, 04:25 PM

That's true though. If you are not confident with doing the tuning to your own evo, then why should one of us volunteer our evo :roll: . And for 2 weeks :shock:

We have our "shop" Evo tied up with other things at the moment. Besides, we thought we would offer the chance to get FREE STUFF to you guys.

Brainstorm Performance is located in LA. We are a performance tuning shop that specializes in Evos, WRXs and Mazdas, but can work on anything.

The R&D shop for the product is in Portland, OR, which is why the Evo needs to be there and not in LA.

The reason for a long-term test is to sort out an intermittent CEL problem that we are seing - we want to be sure it is fixed, which means testing it over a couple of days.

I hope this clears up your ?s.

vtluu
04-10-2004, 06:37 PM
Thanks, we certainly appreciate the offer! Hopefully you'll find someone here who can spare their Evo for a couple weeks and doesn't mind driving to OR. :)

ez76
04-10-2004, 10:22 PM
Can you tell us more about your system? Is it piggyback or standalone etc.?

warpspeed
04-10-2004, 10:47 PM
Are you guys going to have a R&D shop here soon?

Brainstorm Performance
04-12-2004, 07:18 AM
Can you tell us more about your system? Is it piggyback or standalone etc.?

It's a piggy-back solution. We are developing a plug-and-play map and harness for the evo. It will work in concert with the stock ecu, with adjustments to boost, fuel and timing to give more power and torque. Don't know the exact numbers yet - that's what the r&d is for! 8)

Are you guys going to have a R&D shop here soon?

Our shop is in LA. The R&D shop for this particular product is in Portland. Who knows, in the future we could also have a shop in Nocal for you guys :D. In the mean time you are welcome to drive down for a tune if you want to.

uhoh_evo
04-13-2004, 08:44 AM
We have our "shop" Evo tied up with other things at the moment. Besides, we thought we would offer the chance to get FREE STUFF to you guys.

Brainstorm Performance is located in LA. We are a performance tuning shop that specializes in Evos, WRXs and Mazdas, but can work on anything.

The R&D shop for the product is in Portland, OR, which is why the Evo needs to be there and not in LA.

The reason for a long-term test is to sort out an intermittent CEL problem that we are seing - we want to be sure it is fixed, which means testing it over a couple of days.

I hope this clears up your ?s.
thanks for the clarification. yea, i would jump at the chance at free stuff, but the whole process would be at an inconvenience to me. hopefully you find someone though.