PDA

View Full Version : Dj Blurr says hi, in need of a engine for my Evo 8! URGENT!

Dj Blurr
04-12-2006, 04:00 PM
Hello everyone,

Im new to the board. I wanted to take some time today to check out the site, and see what everyone is talking about. I am in need of some help, and was wondering if anyone here could offer some.

I am in need of a motor, to return my lancer back to stock form. Does anyone have information, or know where I can get one at low cost? If not, a dollar amount I am expecting to pay for a motor?

Our current motor is setup and is rated around 600+ hp. for track and drag use, toda parts, and boosting around 28+. I need a stock motor as we are dumping the project, and moving on to a MR setup.

Please help if you can, I would rather keep the vehicle than sell it, and would like to have the stock motor back in as the current motor streetwize attracts way too much attention.

I do have cash in hand ready to buy, please contact me if you have a motor you are looking to part with. 510-870-1964. The motor does not have to be complete, but would be nice if it was, (or next to near complete).

Please let me know what you have. I would like to get this taken care of at the latter of 2 weeks or so.

Thanks everyone! Look forward to meeting some of you out here in Norcal!

Mod's, please post this anywhere if this can be placed somewhere else on the forum for purchase of the motor.

Thanks again everyone. :wink:

- Dave

earlyapex
04-12-2006, 04:39 PM
http://www.4g63.com/

Dj Blurr
04-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the link earlyapex.

I actually am looking for a distributor, or a shop i can buy the motor from.

Hoping someone on here has a motor for sale, or one taken out.

The current setup I have right now on the JDM 4G63 we have means we cannot reverse engineer what has been done to the motor.

Rebuilding is out the window, i need a whole motor if someone has one.

Anyone??

- Dave

earlyapex
04-12-2006, 09:55 PM
You can buy a motor from them.

EvoRicer
04-12-2006, 09:56 PM
I actually am looking for a distributor, or a shop i can buy the motor from.

Hoping someone on here has a motor for sale, or one taken out.

If your "actually" looking for a distributor or a shop, why are you on here asking for a motor? J/W...

MAB1025
04-12-2006, 11:17 PM
Check out

Japan Parts Supply USA Limited
428 North Canal Street
South San Francisco, CA 94080

www.jdmjapanparts.com

Last time I was there they had a whole front clip from an EVO VII. I think it was around 6k. Heres a pic from their site.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f205/BAACOSTA/Evo_7Full.jpg

chrisw
04-13-2006, 06:51 AM
Hello everyone,

Im new to the board. I wanted to take some time today to check out the site, and see what everyone is talking about. I am in need of some help, and was wondering if anyone here could offer some.

I am in need of a motor, to return my lancer back to stock form. Does anyone have information, or know where I can get one at low cost? If not, a dollar amount I am expecting to pay for a motor?

Our current motor is setup and is rated around 600+ hp. for track and drag use, toda parts, and boosting around 28+. I need a stock motor as we are dumping the project, and moving on to a MR setup.

Please help if you can, I would rather keep the vehicle than sell it, and would like to have the stock motor back in as the current motor streetwize attracts way too much attention.

I do have cash in hand ready to buy, please contact me if you have a motor you are looking to part with. 510-870-1964. The motor does not have to be complete, but would be nice if it was, (or next to near complete).

Please let me know what you have. I would like to get this taken care of at the latter of 2 weeks or so.

Mod's, please post this anywhere if this can be placed somewhere else on the forum for purchase of the motor.

- Dave

Dave,

why not just buy the MR and swap the parts over? Or the whole engine for that matter...

Just my $0.02

MAB1025
04-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Hello everyone,

- Dave

Dave,

why not just buy the MR and swap the parts over? Or the whole engine for that matter...

Just my $0.02

Probably because they want the MIVEC motor.

redtydsf
04-13-2006, 11:56 AM
Check out

Japan Parts Supply USA Limited
428 North Canal Street
South San Francisco, CA 94080

www.jdmjapanparts.com

Last time I was there they had a whole front clip from an EVO VII. I think it was around 6k. Heres a pic from their site.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f205/BAACOSTA/Evo_7Full.jpg

when you walk in look for the first "pompador" you see :lol: +1 good prices :D Ben you know what im talkin about :lol:

Dj Blurr
04-13-2006, 08:41 PM
Thanks guys,

The car has actually joined up with our group down here. It is owned by my best friend, and has sponsorship from Bulletproof Automotive down south, RMR, and SRT motorsports. Im helping him rebuild it. Im actually new to the Evo Scene also.

I believe it is still featured on Bulletproof, but not sure. It also has been featured on Import tuner, and some other mags. My best friend mentioned it was featured in the WRX Vs Evo Edition in super street, but im not sure what edition it was in. its is the red one, with vinyl logos all over.

Yes, we do want to keep it because its Mivec. Our sponsor also will not comply with returning the car to stock. Basically, because of all the work that has gone into the build.

Basically to make a long story short, the motor is actually out of the fightex lancer down south. They parted the chop, and gave my best friend the motor that was in the car. The motor that we currently have is a replacement over the blown stock one we had. I think thats right, trying to tell it to the best of my ability...

We attempted to run the car on the street out here one night, last summer. The cop that pulled us over... bascially couldnt believe his eyes, and was a dick about the whole thing. Wrote my best friend a state ref ticket for illgal parts, (basically anything shiny). The car has been sitting at the shop again down south, waiting for a return midnight run back to Norcal.

The smog ticket never cleared though, and has been dropped off the car since.

My best friend is actually getting out of the scene, and wants to return the car back to stock form either to keep the car, or sell it.

the going price for the car is around 35k, obo. I can fwd you to my best friend, or I can answer questions about the car if you are interested in purchasing it. We will consider best offers on the car, and its definitely worth it. Its blown doors off everything we have come up next to.

Honestly, this is the only car I have been into, that when you get out, there is an impression of your body in the seat. I've never felt anything else close to the rush of when you drive this car. Amazing G Forces, and plenty of boost. Everything from the apex-i controller, to the defi gauges....

Whoever does get this car though, will be one lucky ass. The car is still under partial sponsorship from some shops down south.

If you are interested in photos of the car, I will get some for you. Dont really know how to post, but can email em.

So, what are we going to do with the Mivec motor? We are attempting a build into a 75 mini cooper. Currently, one of my friends is working on a build for a vtec mini. The twin project will have the mivec motor under the hood, granted it fits with some fabrication. We will see what happens. Its a crazy idea... but thats my group of friends..

We have met a few of you out here in Norcal already. Is there a meet coming up where we can show the car? If so we would like to show it for interested buyers, and comparisons.

So yes, thanks for the links. Im going to have to check those out. Anymore??

SpeedElement
04-14-2006, 09:19 PM
Bring it out to the next evo meet on 22nd of April. I am sure there will be some potential buyers.

Dj Blurr
04-15-2006, 01:57 AM
If it makes it past this week!! How do I post photos here on Norcal Evo? I have a bunch of photos of the car I would like to show some of you. :?

Thanks for the info too, will have to attend!
:roll: - Dave