PDA

View Full Version : Tire noise increasing, wheels are out of alignment?

ace33joe
04-08-2004, 04:20 PM
After I got tire rotation, tire noise seems increasing.

And I got big vibration + noise around 10~15mph while I am braking to stop.

I suspect tires have some cupping or uneven wear.

Do you think it's normal? Or my EVO needs wheel alignment? My car is less than one year old, so alignment is still covered by warranty.

ADVAN tires are very sticky, but is it prone to cupping? :?

EvolvedDSM
04-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Alignment is covered for 12K/12months. How many miles and how many rotations? Did you have the wheels rebalanced? It's possible there's some uneven wear, but also possible you've lost a wheel weight, etc... You probably didn't notice before because the troublesome wheel was on the back, but now it's up front and makes itself apparent.

chrisw
04-08-2004, 09:01 PM
if the tire wear is cupping, then you have a problem with your toe, get an alignment.

ace33joe
04-08-2004, 11:21 PM
I appreciate your advice. I will definitely get alignment and wheel balance checked!

I have about 5500 miles and my EVO is about 10 months old. I got two rotations so far, because one mechanic at the dealer suggested me to get frequent tire rotation, because ADVAN tires do not last long.

EvolvedDSM
04-08-2004, 11:30 PM
Sounds like you're covered. Mitsu requires the rotation with the oil change. If the alignment is off and the tires are sketchy, they should be taking care of them as well.

ace33joe
04-09-2004, 12:39 AM
Yes, I am aware the manual says the tire rotation is with the oil change.

If the tire is unevenly worn by misaglinment, then how can they take care of tires also? I have heard that replacing tire under warranty is very very rare, and only when the tire has some manufaturing defects.

Hm...Well I would love to get new ADVAN tires, but I am not sure whether they will replace them easily, even uneven wear was cause by the misalignment. Maybe I should fight for them. :)

EvolvedDSM
04-09-2004, 12:46 AM
You should ;) If their defect (alignment) causes another part to "fail" (tire), then they should be footing the bill. I've had this happen in another vehicle (accessory belt bracket failed and started to chew into the timing belt--all replaced w/ zero out-of-pocket).

ace33joe
04-09-2004, 12:59 AM
Yeah, it makes absolutely sense. I will post results after I got the alginment and wheel balancing checked. Thanks for advice.