PDA

View Full Version : Ecutek transfer/sale? How can it be done?

SJCoruja
04-14-2006, 05:22 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Does anyone have experience/knowledge about what would be needed to sell my Ecutek flash? I know I need to just sell my flashed ECU as a whole and that my new ECU and the old one will need to be coded for the new keys. Couple questions though...

1. Can the Ecutek be used to program the key for the new owner, or is it a dealer only service?

2. If dealer only, will it overwrite the Ecutek flash or not when the new owner has it done?

3. What type of costs will be involved in the switch, and then what would be a fair price given those fees?

...and of course there are the logistics of making sure the new owner is immediately tuned, swapping the ECUs, etc...

Thanks for the help!

GST
04-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Damn moving on from the EcuTek huh Matt, whats next?

Mike

evo_dadi
04-15-2006, 09:54 PM
i bet hes looking at the upcoming ecuflash :wink:

GST
04-15-2006, 09:59 PM
i bet hes looking at the upcoming ecuflash :wink:

The who?

evo_dadi
04-15-2006, 10:04 PM
http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9725 for people who has a techtom based flash.

SJCoruja
04-15-2006, 10:45 PM

Mike

Toying with the idea of ECU+! :D

earlyapex
04-16-2006, 12:21 AM

Mike

Toying with the idea of ECU+! :D

I would seriously consider keeping the EcuTek if it is scaled for larger injectors. Changing the actual ECU code for the deadtime and scaling of the injectors will always be superior over a piggyback injector compensation that just tricks the MAF.

Even Shiv uses a flash for larger injectors in conjunction with the Xede piggyback.

All my opinion though. :D

SJCoruja
04-16-2006, 08:44 AM
Ah, very good point. Given the loss and hassle in trying to sell this, might just make more sense to run the ECU+ on top of the Ecutek for 100 oct, low boost map, etc...

Jamie@WORKS
04-18-2006, 10:03 AM
If you decide to swap ECUs, WORKS has the MUT tool to synch the "new" ECU with the keys and immobilizer. That way you can avoid going to the dealer.