PDA

View Full Version : Need to borrow a VOLK key to get my wheels off!! please!!!!!

IntenseEvo
04-15-2006, 05:05 PM
I am trying to track down a volk key for my volk lug nuts. i am selling the wheels and can not find a key for the locking nut on each wheel. anyone with the volk lug nuts would have one and it would work... i think they are all the same.

if i could meet up with you and take them off that would be great!

please let me know asap

john
513-403-1659
in modesto ca

MitsuMan
04-15-2006, 07:54 PM
good luck they're usually pretty set specific. meaning the key works withthe set u have and not everyone has the same set. I would just have them removed by a shop and replace them. you can remove them with a hammer and a metric 12 point socket what ever size fits real tight(use a cheap craftman socket) cause it hurts the socket. hammer it on and then remove the lug with a Big ratchet or impact gun

IntenseEvo
04-15-2006, 08:16 PM
yeah this is what i have been thinking about. freaking sucks. i talked to intensepower.com and they said that the volk key should be the same. its just a grove and nothing fancy. but if it comes to it i will just do what you said. hate to ruin a set of these lugs but o well...

evo_dadi
04-15-2006, 08:26 PM
imo just order another key than rather hammering a socket to get the lugs off.there are more things that can get damaged besides the lug nuts.try going to a tire place also since sometimes they sell wheel locks and they might have a generic key that can work also.

MitsuMan
04-16-2006, 01:48 PM
Generic key huh? good luck call the manufacture and see if you can get a replacement first I know that with regular wheel locks you get a number w/ your set in case you lose the key you can get a new one with the same pattern, but I don't know what VOLK does