PDA

View Full Version : surprisingly good dealer experience

mattssilverevo
04-18-2006, 07:57 PM
I wanted to go to San Rafael to have my rear spoiler replaced under warranty for spotting/fading but it's very hard for me to get time off from work to make it out there (long drive). I'm pretty good friends with Dave at the service dept at stevens creek mitsu so I went to him today so he could talk to the service manager and maybe get some help. Well I went and he said "hey this is Matt he used to own a vr4 and has been a very good customer of ours and now owns a 2003 evo 8 with 29k on the clock and his rear wing is really spotted up pretty good and was hoping to looking into a replacement under warranty." So the service manager say alright well lets take a look. He's sees it and says "ahh I see hang on" Calls the district rep. First thing the rep asks is year/mileage. Next words "replace it for him, click" I was like damn that was much less painful then I thought (i had my key in hand just incase i had to walk out). So that made my day..new $1300 wing for free. They said it should be in and painted (only come in white now from what they said) by next friday and they'd give me a call as it only takes 5 min for them to put it on. So I'm a happy camper :) Just thought I'd share. So if your in San Jose and need help let me know and I'll talk to Dave for ya :)

Matt

kataklyzm
04-18-2006, 10:42 PM
stevens creek really isnt that bad, yes, theyve screwed up here and there, but from thier end, i get the feeling they are really worried on covering their a$$ when it comes to warranty work. they checked out my tranny, over 2 days for free, until they found out warranty denied it (exedy cerametallic clutch) i wasnt expecting it to be covered, but worth a shot. just gotta give them a chance, they had alot of the service guys leave and the new guys seem pretty decent

SilverStreak
04-18-2006, 10:58 PM
yah...I know they have had a bad reputation before. I straight up told them that when before I purchased my car from them.

From what it sounds like it does seem like they are getting their act together. I plan on taking my car to them for service and heaven forbid, warranty work. I figure, since they were thankful for the opportunity to get a 2nd chance take make good first impression, that I might as well stick with them.

Worst case scenario-they turn out to be who people say they were. Best case, I end up with a good relationship with a very close dealer.

I would have easily gone to SCM to get the Evo and taken it to SRM for service...but both are too far out for me to get to...so we will see how it all works out.

Otherwise...Matt, I may have to take you up on your offer. :wink:

ace33joe
04-19-2006, 02:18 AM
Glad to hear that you had good experience, please let us know after you got the new wing installed. I heard some mechanic did bad installtion, for example they scratched trunk paint, and didn't remove old double sticky tape completely.

I need to ask for a new wing soon too. Mine is also faded.

ek9_evo9
04-19-2006, 06:57 AM
is the fade normal or does waxing it every now and then help?

Unowned
04-19-2006, 08:20 AM
the district rep normally rolls 2 dice and if they hit snake eyes you get the replacement :lol:

twEeker
04-20-2006, 08:17 PM
I went in there a couple months ago for the same problem, but whoever was there didnt even want to deal with me. I just went to veracom, and argued with that guy until he gave in. I know what you mean, it does kind of suck that you would have to drive so far to get some decent service, but lucky you they were cool about it.

I've been waiting for my wing for the past 2 and a half months, but maybe stevens creek will get it faster.

EV0LL
04-20-2006, 10:26 PM
I bought my car from Stevens Creek, but have been loathe to bring it there for warranty work, due to their "reputation". I used to by parts from Rob/Bob(?) who used to be the parts manager, all the time. Maybe I'll give them a shot at the windsheild rattle issue...

SouthernCrane
10-20-2006, 06:08 AM
they must be trying hard to improve their image. they have signed up to be vendors on EvoM, along with a few other dealerships.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/forumdisplay.php?f=186

1stSAGE
10-20-2006, 06:36 AM
I called Steven's Creek a few times. They said I shouldn't even bother going in and refuse to set up an appointment for me. Pretty unfriendly SOBs. Like Unowned said, it's snake eyes or bust!

I've also talked to Oliver at Veracom, much nicer guy but Veracom will not replace your spoiler, they'll refinish the clear coat instead. They can only do this on weekdays so I'm SOL there as I work from 9-5 weekdays in Milpitas. For a day's pay, you can have any shop re-coat the spoiler, so really no point taking a vacation day to drive up for that. I guess taking a half day may be worth it...but who knows, saving $100-$150 is not worth the stress of having to argue a couple of hours for it. Rather go to EIP and give Paul the business.

I've also checked Gilroy Mitsubishi, they seemed willing but had recently went under new owner/management and lost the Mitsubishi dealer rights. I think they are switching to either Kia or Hyundai.

Capital is absolutely out of the question. As an eye witness, they are just bad people.

That leaves SRM. I wish I still live in SF!! :x

UCB
10-20-2006, 08:07 AM
I had a great experience at capitol. I got a great price, free lojack, they matched my credit unions APR, and even called me a week later to set up the apointment to install the lojack and even set up a rental

Steven's creek is part of the same dealership group IIRC. I think they really have listened to all of the complaints over the years and have made a change for the better. For the past couple months, ive heard more good stories than bad, however it is going to take looks of hard work and time for them to beat their reputation

evo637
10-20-2006, 08:30 AM
I hate Steven's Creek.. I made a mistake buying the car from them & will never again go there. When I talk to them about certain problems they basically said piss off and go somewhere else. I guess you got your wing replaced because your good friends with someone who works there..

UCB
10-20-2006, 08:33 AM
again, was this recently? Their good service has only been happening over the last couple months. It does seem like they finally listened to all the bad reviews and are finally doing something about it. Remember..people can change

TimDC2x
10-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Anyone used Capitalo or Steven's Creek lately for warranty work who doesnt know the service department?

I need some stuff fixed (non brembo nor wing nor drivetrain related thank god) and dont want them to give me the cold shoulder, or even worse, voiding my warranty.

kataklyzm
10-25-2006, 09:58 PM
they must be trying hard to improve their image. they have signed up to be vendors on EvoM, along with a few other dealerships.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/forumdisplay.php?f=186

hhah i just had to leave a little remark about them appearing to be mod friendly....theyll prolly know who it is, but hey, my warranty is already void

mygsx
11-01-2006, 05:30 AM
Hey Mattsilverevo, I need my wing to be replaced (oxidized/faded etc.)think you can talk to them?Im covered under a extended warranty i bought from them when i initially bought my evo from them.

TogueMonster
11-01-2006, 06:01 AM
is the fade normal or does waxing it every now and then help?

I've taken pretty good care of my paint, but the carbon fiber on my wing is starting to fade as well. I think I might try to take mine in and see about getting it fixed or replaced.

06IXMR
11-02-2006, 01:16 AM
I had a great experience at capitol. I got a great price, free lojack, they matched my credit unions APR, and even called me a week later to set up the apointment to install the lojack and even set up a rental

Steven's creek is part of the same dealership group IIRC. I think they really have listened to all of the complaints over the years and have made a change for the better. For the past couple months, ive heard more good stories than bad, however it is going to take looks of hard work and time for them to beat their reputation

OMG you got a free lojack?! Forget them. They tried to sell me off one for 1,300 for the complete package then they said 999. I kept refusing until they were just like forget it then. Then I just walked away pissed. Wait til they see my comments on the lil survey.