PDA

View Full Version : ALPINE head units install...

jl2
04-21-2006, 08:28 AM
Hello all NCE members,

Do any of you have Alpine single CD units in your upper dash DIN slot?
[Just a standard single DIN head unit from Alpine w/out retractable screen]
If you could take a picture of it, and post it or PM me I would appreciate it.
I am trying to figure out my options for installing my 9855 unit. It does not really fit, and wanted to see what other members have done.
Thanks.

JL2

Matz
04-21-2006, 08:41 AM
Hello all NCE members,

I am trying to figure out my options for installing my 9855 unit. It does not really fit, and wanted to see what other members have done.
Thanks.

JL2

I'm confused, DIN is DIN. Are you just wondering if the head unit protrudes too far from the front of the bezel? If so, then you may want to specifically ask for side-view pictures.

ZK
04-21-2006, 08:42 AM
Hello all NCE members,

Thanks.

JL2

Are you talking about the deck face not lining up with the trim piece? All aftermarket decks fit like that on the Evo. Unless you custom install it and modify the mounts, the normal mounting points will make it look like it sticks out or looks sunk in.

jl2
04-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Well that is what I figued...
DIN is DIN, but I just wanted to be specific [some people may have put in double-DIN units for some reason].
I have mine set-up sunk in.
I wanted to see what it was like stuck out, and possibly any custom installations that have made it look flush.
I would appreciate side shots too. :D

ZK
04-21-2006, 09:19 AM
DIN is DIN, but I just wanted to be specific [some people may have put in double-DIN units for some reason].
I wanted to see what it was like stuck out, and possibly any custom installations that have made it look flush.

Do a search on Evolutionm ... a lot of people have talked about this problem. I believe in order to make the deck stick out more they slot out the brackets so they can move the deck out more. People have also complained about the gap between the aftermarket deck and the trim piece. By pushing it out they can use the little plastic trim that comes with the aftermarket deck. The drawback with that is that your deck sticks out a lot from the dash.

DRFTR8
04-21-2006, 09:24 AM

no there is no way you can have it flushed without the having gaps around the unit, Lancerboy had the same issue and i fixed it so that he can use the trim.. it looks nice with it that way... all after market radios have a trim piece that goes around the unit so you have to use it not unless you get a double din and it will be flush. i have a pioneer headunit and it sticks out also...

jl2
04-21-2006, 10:23 AM
How did you fix the trim so it is flush?

DRFTR8
04-21-2006, 11:26 AM
How did you fix the trim so it is flush?

you cant, it wont be flush

jl2
04-21-2006, 11:38 AM
I am sorry.
I thought when you said this:
"Lancerboy had the same issue and i fixed it so that he can use the trim.. it looks nice with it that way... "
You had fixed it so it was flush.
How did you fix it?

L8eight
05-08-2006, 09:18 AM
here is what i did, go to your local best buy/ circuit city and grab a radio suround. most have them laying around. i found one that matched the opening perfect. i then made sure that the face opened with the surround. i then superglued it onto the HVAC face. works like a charm. it is a alpine cda 9855 btw..

-Rocky

twEeker
05-08-2006, 09:39 AM
I used to have the 9855 in my car. Unfortunatly I never took any pictures, but fitment wasnt bad. It will stick out a little bit, but once you get the plastic surround thing on it, it looks alright, and doenst really have gaps.

nut_tool
05-08-2006, 11:33 AM
I used the plastic surround that came with my head unit and it looks fine.

EvoRicer
05-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Relocation Kit