PDA

View Full Version : safc2

evo8dustu
04-21-2006, 01:01 PM
i installed my safc2, and everything works fine but the rpm. the rpm usually reads half of the actual rpm. i checked all the wiring to the ecu etc everything looks ok. any suggestions as to what could be the problem?

zyounker
04-21-2006, 01:16 PM
You have your S-AFC setup incorrectly..

Read the instructions, then search on AFC Evo settings. (BTW it is prolly set to a 6 cylinder in the AFC)

earlyapex
04-21-2006, 01:17 PM
i installed my safc2, and everything works fine but the rpm. the rpm usually reads half of the actual rpm. i checked all the wiring to the ecu etc everything looks ok. any suggestions as to what could be the problem?

You could have used the wrong diagram. What diagram did you use? I know one has the wrong PIN being used for RPM. Use Pin #58 not #89:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/tech/EVO-ecuwiring.htm

Also make sure the safc is set to the right car and cylinders, this is usually the problem.

evo8dustu
04-21-2006, 01:19 PM
i followed this step by step. http://www.evotuners.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111

i bought the safc used so i did not have any instuctions.

earlyapex
04-21-2006, 01:20 PM
i followed this step by step. http://www.evotuners.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111

i bought the safc used so i did not have any instuctions.

Did you read this part at the bottom?

**Wiring Update!!**
RPM (green wire) needs to be spliced into pin 58, not 88.

:wink:

evo8dustu
04-21-2006, 01:36 PM
opps, didnt see that. thanks bryan

SJCoruja
04-21-2006, 01:36 PM
...also sound like setup to me. Here is the cut and paste to make sure the cylinder setting is correct. If you already have done all of this then yep, you probably tapped the wrong wire...

The first option is to access the monitoring functions of the AFC-II and is aptly named [monitor], the second option is where you will make all of the fuel adjustments and is named [setting], and the final option is named [etc.] and is where you will find all of the vehicle specific setup options. We will start with the [etc] menu by scrolling down to highlight it and pushing left on the joystick in the center of the control knob to advance to the next menu. Highlight the [sensor type] option in this menu and press the joystick to the left once again, scroll down with the joystick until [karman] is highlighted, now press in on the joystick to bring up a cross shaped sub-menu. Press the joystick to the left to illuminate [Pr] and push in once again to go back one menu, once you can see [sensor type] and [car select] again scroll down to highlight [car select] and push right to advance. Here you should see either "4 cyl" or "6 cyl" and an arrow, twisting the control knob counter clockwise will decrease the number of cylinders. We want the number of cylinders to be set to "4 cyl", once this is complete push the joystick to the right to illuminate the arrow. Twist the control knob clockwise until the arrow points up and to the right, now press the joystick to the left to back up through the menus until you are back at the main menu.

evo8dustu
04-21-2006, 02:10 PM
thanks for all the info matt. ill try it when i get home tongiht