PDA

View Full Version : E.I.P. EVO 8 AND 9 CAMS IN TESTING

CupertinoRedEvoVIII
04-22-2006, 10:25 AM
Today I went to paul's shop and saw him testing evo 9 with their cams and make over 340whp, and 320tq on pump gas and
With 23psi. Paul also told me the evo 8 and 9 cam will be avaliable soon, and I saw their cam gear too, that is crazy!!! no wounder when I call the shop he never pick up the phone

earlyapex
04-22-2006, 06:42 PM
YOUR ALL CAPS IS ANNOYING. WHY WHY WHY EVERY POST YOU DO IN ALL CAPS, THAT'S AMAZING!!!! NO WONDER I NEVER WANT TO READ YOUR POSTS!!!!1!1111!!!!

Hot8Evo
04-22-2006, 07:04 PM
YOUR ALL CAPS IS ANNOYING. WHY WHY WHY EVERY POST YOU DO IN ALL CAPS, THAT'S AMAZING!!!! NO WONDER I NEVER WANT TO READ YOUR POSTS!!!!1!1111!!!!

Call him he even posted hes #'s

missred
04-22-2006, 07:06 PM

^^^ huh....umm okay :lol:

wilson1
04-22-2006, 08:02 PM
Are they intake and exhaust cams for the evo 8 and 9?

L84AD8
04-22-2006, 08:05 PM

:lol: :poke:

SpeedElement
04-22-2006, 09:22 PM

:lol: :poke:

These cams are for evo 8. The exhaust cam will work evo 9 :)

AreSTG
04-23-2006, 03:04 AM
there an ETA on them, i still havent found me some 272's and i'm open to suggestions :)

actually, not to hijack a thread or anything, but what setup of cams will be easiest to kepe the powerband lower in the RPM's? if i need to get a 264 exh or intake to mix w/ a 272 to keep my powerband noticably lower, i will for sure

GokuSSJ4
04-23-2006, 09:08 AM
fix it !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:42 pm Post subject:

CupertinoRedEvoVIII
04-23-2006, 11:25 AM
my bad i accidently press the caps lock i won't do that anymore

CupertinoRedEvoVIII
04-23-2006, 11:30 AM
evo9 is intake and exhaust and thats all I know

I did not get a chance to see the final result yet thats just a beginning. and for you guys FYI all the parts in testing. Once it came out I will let you guys know

earlyapex
04-23-2006, 01:42 PM
actually, not to hijack a thread or anything, but what setup of cams will be easiest to kepe the powerband lower in the RPM's? if i need to get a 264 exh or intake to mix w/ a 272 to keep my powerband noticably lower, i will for sure

HKS 272/272 with HKS cam gears at +1/-1 vs stock cams and stock gears:

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/mods/EVO/dyno/010706/ecuplus_overlay02.gif

AreSTG
04-23-2006, 01:55 PM
so its basically the same if set at +1 intake,-1 exhaust? on 272's?

earlyapex
04-23-2006, 02:01 PM
so its basically the same if set at +1 intake,-1 exhaust? on 272's?

What's the same?

AreSTG
04-23-2006, 02:31 PM
the rpm's that the power kicks in

earlyapex
04-23-2006, 02:38 PM
the rpm's that the power kicks in

There are gains everywhere and with that cam gear setting boost actually comes on quicker.

AreSTG
04-23-2006, 05:12 PM
kool thanks, now back to my problem of finding them ins tock somewhere

CupertinoRedEvoVIII
05-07-2006, 10:38 PM
"earlyapex" why don't you dyno at E.I.P. see how much you put out. Rather then saying it on the forum show us some real numbers!

Hot8Evo
05-07-2006, 10:44 PM
"earlyapex" why don't you dyno at E.I.P. see how much you put out. Rather then saying it on the forum show us some real numbers!

Hes calling you out bryan...

L8eight
05-07-2006, 10:47 PM
lol, i thought brian's sig says what he put down on Gruppe-s's mustang? and i believe they are pretty close to eachother...

earlyapex
05-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Rather then saying it on the forum show us some real numbers!

Here you go, test is 100 octane (11.5afr) open track tune, base is 91 octane (11.1 AFR) street tune.

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/mods/EVO/dyno/010706/100octaneTune_dynochart01.jpg

Let me know if you want me to fax you my dynosheets so they can be more real. tia.

JanSolo
05-08-2006, 07:05 AM

He asked you to do a dyno run at EIP, not post up numbers from another dyno, BurlyGaypex. ;)

Matz
05-08-2006, 07:45 AM

He asked you to do a dyno run at EIP, not post up numbers from another dyno, BurlyGaypex. ;)

Hehe... Bryan, if you actually agree to do this, can we tune my car that same day? :)

earlyapex
05-08-2006, 10:26 AM

Read what part I quoted. He asked for real numbers. I have yet to actually see a EIP dynosheet from him as well. Only numbers, so he is basically "saying it on the forums", not showing real numbers.

JanSolo
05-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Read what part I quoted. He asked for real numbers. I have yet to actually see a EIP dynosheet from him as well. Only numbers, so he is basically "saying it on the forums", not showing real numbers.

I didn't say he posted real numbers. I just clarified his point - that he wants you to dyno on the EIP Mustang dyno. He is just trying to sell parts for his homies and he thinks that calling you out will shut you up and sell parts and services which remains to be seen as an effective method.

earlyapex
05-08-2006, 08:19 PM
He is just trying to sell parts for his homies and he thinks that calling you out will shut you up and sell parts and services which remains to be seen as an effective method.

I'm confused on this one. Shut me up? What did I do? Why is he calling me out? Did I make up my numbers or something? Why do I need to dyno on the EIP dyno?

Matz
05-08-2006, 08:28 PM
He is just trying to sell parts for his homies and he thinks that calling you out will shut you up and sell parts and services which remains to be seen as an effective method.

I'm confused on this one. Shut me up? What did I do? Why is he calling me out? Did I make up my numbers or something? Why do I need to dyno on the EIP dyno?

I'm confused as well, but my interpretation is that he wants you to dyno at EIP to prove that their cams are better than HKS 272s. But I wonder if they're actually the same thing, like Buddy Clubs (which I heard are the same, at least design-wise). It's hard to imagine that many small shops would go through the effort to actually engineer their own cams.

missred
05-08-2006, 08:34 PM
Haha maybe its a free dyno for the day, maybe you can take advantage of it. Doing any changes with your tune soon Bryan?

JanSolo
05-08-2006, 09:21 PM

1. Perhaps he is trying to shut you up. He is certainly levelling some kind of challenge aimed squarely at you.
2. I don't know what you did.
3. I don't know why he is calling you out, although I am inclined to agree with Matt that he believes the EIP Racing cams are superior to the HKS 272s and feels you may disagree. This is just a defensive reaction on his part.
4. You could have made up your numbers if you have mad photochopping sk1llz, although he doesn't seem to be accusing you of this.
5. I am not sure what impact dynoing on the EIP dyno will produce, though I can guarantee it will make their wallet a bit fatter if they charged you for the run. In theory, the EIP dyno may produce lower results thereby making your car and tuning seem lesser. You can make your own conclusions from here.

We can see from the second sentence that he might believe that the EIP dyno perhaps produces more accurate numbers, hence him labelling the numbers as "real". This is in contrast to the numbers produced on the Gruppe-S dyno which he may believe to be "false" or innacurate. These are just my interpretations and they could be completely off, of course.

earlyapex
05-08-2006, 09:49 PM
I'm confused as well, but my interpretation is that he wants you to dyno at EIP to prove that their cams are better than HKS 272s. But I wonder if they're actually the same thing, like Buddy Clubs (which I heard are the same, at least design-wise). It's hard to imagine that many small shops would go through the effort to actually engineer their own cams.

I never said the HKS cams where better/worse than any other cams....

I was replying to AreSTG's question:

Matz
05-08-2006, 10:13 PM
I never said the HKS cams where better/worse than any other cams....
I was replying to AreSTG's question:

I understand that. Who the hell knows what this is all about. :) Yeah, you were simply answering Tim's question.

Lurk
05-09-2006, 01:48 AM
Back on topic, any ETA on when the cams for the IX are coming out? MIVEC cams will most likely be my next mod. I considered going with a single JUN 272 exhaust cam, then decided against it.

gqpenguin
05-16-2006, 03:56 PM
cool