PDA

View Full Version : stock blow off valve question please help me out

vietevo
04-24-2006, 02:48 AM
i notice that one side goes to the intercooler piping and one side goes into the intake wut if i take out the side on the intake and find some thing to block the intake hole would the stock blow off valve make the pshhh sounds

06IXMR
04-24-2006, 03:31 AM
go buy a real bov.

AreSTG
04-24-2006, 06:49 AM
not that i even considered it, however i was wondering this a few days ago when i put my new JDM mr valve on.

either way you car will probably run like shit

SJCoruja
04-24-2006, 08:30 AM
There are a ton of reasons you should not do this. Your best bet would be to pick up a GFB BOV. You can actually adjust how much you vent (how loud the sound will be) and how much is recirculated(how well your car will run). There actually is a used one for sale on the boards right now....

http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9868&highlight=

egui42
04-24-2006, 09:18 AM
One word = NO

nebolic
04-24-2006, 09:26 AM
i notice that one side goes to the intercooler piping and one side goes into the intake wut if i take out the side on the intake and find some thing to block the intake hole would the stock blow off valve make the pshhh sounds

yes.

some bov kits come with that cap to block it off. not sure if the same concept will totally work with the stocker though.

invest in an aftermarket, less headache, or you can get those fake 'phsssh" kits, i think they sell them on ebay where its a speaker and it makes the pshpppp sound for you.

nebo

MitsuMan
04-24-2006, 01:34 PM

Got Rice? :roll: " how do i get blow off valve sound?"

ek9_evo9
04-24-2006, 02:04 PM
yes u can remove it from the intake side but in gods name why would you want to do that?? VTA (vent to atmosphere) is probably a sure fire way to get pulled over. i say skrew the pssshhh sound using stock bov, go get yourself an after market bov. :lol:

chrisw
04-24-2006, 03:34 PM

buy one of these, link (http://www.kevins90gsx.com/BOVSimulator/BOVSimulator.html)

evo8dustu
04-24-2006, 03:55 PM
omg..... ricer

PANGES
05-17-2006, 05:18 PM
if you have an intake, you'll get a louder "psshhh" ... it might make ur car run a little crappy, but probally not worse than a VTA bov.

TogueMonster
05-17-2006, 07:10 PM
I don't think using a blow off valve qualifies as "RICER".* Chrome wheels, neon lights, 4-15" with 4 billion watts might be a little bit on the ricey side.* If a blow off valve=rice then would my loud exhaust =rice too?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/thedriftking/steamed_rice.jpg

vtluu
05-17-2006, 07:12 PM
I'd consider it ricey because it's a "performance" mod that fails to make the car any faster.

TogueMonster
05-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Regardless, vietevo, don't do it. If your going to VTA use an aftermarket BOV with an EIDS or some other kind of tune. Otherwise, you Evo will run on the shitty side. If you've gotta have it then go for it. It may not be worth it to make cool sounding blow offs. Your money could be spent on other mods. Its your money and your car, enjoy.

ironwolf
05-26-2006, 06:28 AM
Besides venting what other advantages does a aftermarket BOV have
if you want to keep the psi stock?
What are the draw backs on the stock Bov ?

ek9_evo9
05-26-2006, 08:05 AM
Besides venting what other advantages does a aftermarket BOV have
if you want to keep the psi stock?
What are the draw backs on the stock Bov ?

depends on what evo you have. if you have an 8 most likely you still have the plastic BOV if you have a 9 you have the metal BOV.

Obviously getting the 9 stock BOV will solve the plastic bov issue of not being able to hold boost well.

Unless your going all out on your car, the stock 9 bov is great for everyday use. hell even some cars in the NCE 300 club still run stock 9 bovs.

The advantages of an aftermarket bov is that you can adjust how much extra boost you VTA or recirc.