PDA

View Full Version : New BMW Coupes, Did some one say AWD

jrnot
04-24-2006, 03:55 PM
Just to let all of you know, the BMW 335xic Twin turbocharged all wheel drive coupe will be coming to the States around Q4 2007. This car will have 300hp and 300tq an a 0-60 time of around 5.5 seconds. The RWD will also be avialable around september and will do the 0-60 in 5.2 seconds. Both are avialable in 6MT or Paddle shifted steptronic transmissions.

Both cars are all around faster that the outgoing M3. At the risk of getting banned, you know how to get these cars.

Here is the link, the 335xic is not on the site yet as it was just anounced.
http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/futurevehicles/new3coupe/images.htm

:wink:

wilson1
04-24-2006, 04:00 PM
what is the estimate price range?

earlyapex
04-24-2006, 04:02 PM
I don't understand this post. BMW has always had an AWD 3 series and we already know BMW is coming out with a turbo motor.

jrnot
04-24-2006, 04:04 PM
what is the estimate price range?

No pricing is set yet. Will let you know when it is.

jrnot
04-24-2006, 04:12 PM
I don't understand this post. BMW has always had an AWD 3 series and we already know BMW is coming out with a turbo motor.

First, you show me a current all wheel drive coupe from BMW.

Second, all the rummors about turbos were just that, rumors. BMW just released friday night the official word of how the 2007 were coming the way they would be equiped and that they would be adding in AWD to the coupe.

Maybe you are not a BMW buff, that is fine, but some of us might like to know when an AWD twin turbo coupe is offered as an Ultimate Driving Machine.

Maybe I am off the mark, if I am I will happily delete this post. Let me know.

SouthernCrane
04-24-2006, 04:20 PM
Hey JR, will the 335 TT come with AWD?......on the website, it says that it is standard on the 328xi, but there is no S for standard or O for option under the 335i....it does not say that it is not available (n/a) either though :?

Either way, it's nice to have an official word about the 335i 8) I know my uncle was looking to replace his E36 with this next generation of M3, but it might be out of his price range with the V8, so he might have to settle for the 335.....but if he can get the AWD i'm sure he will.

earlyapex
04-24-2006, 04:20 PM

Did I say coupe?
http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/3/325xisedan/default

Maybe you are not a BMW buff, that is fine, but some of us might like to know when an AWD twin turbo coupe is offered as an Ultimate Driving Machine.

Typical bmw snob owner , check out my Ultimate Driving Machine!

Either way it doesn't matter, this is in "other cars" No idea why you think it should be deleted.

hellz Evo
04-24-2006, 04:44 PM
Nice look forward to getting one of these... Wilson you are in?

jrnot
04-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Hey JR, will the 335 TT come with AWD?......on the website, it says that it is standard on the 328xi, but there is no S for standard or O for option under the 335i....it does not say that it is not available (n/a) either though :?

Either way, it's nice to have an official word about the 335i 8) I know my uncle was looking to replace his E36 with this next generation of M3, but it might be out of his price range with the V8, so he might have to settle for the 335.....but if he can get the AWD i'm sure he will.

Yes it will be, but not until the 4th Quarter of 2007, 335 AWD TT coupe.

wilson1
04-24-2006, 05:04 PM

would they do groupbuy?

jrnot
04-24-2006, 05:05 PM

Did I say coupe?
http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/3/325xisedan/default

Typical bmw snob owner , check out my Ultimate Driving Machine!

Either way it doesn't matter, this is in "other cars" No idea why you think it should be deleted.

I do not now, nor have I ever owned a BMW, however I also don't flame other people's posts for no apparent reasons either, maybe you don't like others, I actually heard that you were a good guy. Either way, flame someone else, I am a decent guy who just wants to help some people that would like it.

Furthermore, You asked me why the post was valid, I responded that it was an AWD Coupe with a twin turbo, I thought that was clear, It is not a 4 door AWD that they have in the current model. If you just feel the need to complain do it somewhere else. If you want to debate the ultimate driving machine comment. . . Well I own and EVO when I could have had many different BMWs, but that does not mean I cannot respect other cars.

Live with it, preferably quietly.

wilson1
04-24-2006, 05:06 PM
OMG, it's going to be aweful, cuz that time is when all the big guns are coming out, Evo X, GT-R, M3, etc!!!!! :shock:

mtsevovii
04-24-2006, 05:10 PM
id rather have the 130i from bmw. i saw it while i was down in NZ. 50:50 weight distribution and faster than the vw r32.

hellz Evo
04-24-2006, 05:15 PM

would they do groupbuy?

I know the onwer of SF BMW who knows?.....lol

earlyapex
04-24-2006, 05:23 PM
I do not now, nor have I ever owned a BMW, however I also don't flame other people's posts for no apparent reasons either, maybe you don't like others, I actually heard that you were a good guy. Either way, flame someone else, I am a decent guy who just wants to help some people that would like it.

Furthermore, You asked me why the post was valid, I responded that it was an AWD Coupe with a twin turbo, I thought that was clear, It is not a 4 door AWD that they have in the current model. If you just feel the need to complain do it somewhere else. If you want to debate the ultimate driving machine comment. . . Well I own and EVO when I could have had many different BMWs, but that does not mean I cannot respect other cars.

wow. How is this flaming:

I didn't understand the post, now you have made it clear why this was signifcant but you are still crying.

Double standards?

jrnot
04-24-2006, 06:28 PM

wow. How is this flaming:

I didn't understand the post, now you have made it clear why this was signifcant but you are still crying.

Double standards?

Maybe I overreacted, had a rough day, still your post was maybe a little hasty and uncalled for. I thought there was no need to be negative, and your comment could have been less confrontational. Still might be that I overreacted, and for that. . . sorry.

earlyapex
04-24-2006, 06:34 PM
here you go, some nice juicy photos. Damn those turbos are small! Smaller than his hands! hahah. I have a feeling those little suckers won't make much power up top. ahhaha

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14884

EV0LL
04-24-2006, 06:42 PM
If you love being at the dealer often, then go ahead, get you're ultimate driving P.O.S . You are also going to love the $162/hr labor rate some of the local dealers are charging around here.

BMW FTL 8)

On another note, Ive read in a couple different automotive news sources that you will probably see more and more manufacturers, who normally have eschewed turbos for NA powertrains in the past, begin to offer
turbocharged or other forcefed powertrains in an effort to meet increasing power and fuel effeciency demands. Case in point: Honda just came out with a turbo powertrain for the next MDX, I believe...

dohcvtec
04-24-2006, 08:23 PM
here you go, some nice juicy photos. Damn those turbos are small! Smaller than his hands! hahah. I have a feeling those little suckers won't make much power up top. ahhaha

Still pretty impressive. Toss a couple of WRX turbos on there and flash the ecu to take advantage of the BIVANOS and you could have one hell of a machine. :)

TogueMonster
04-24-2006, 08:50 PM

I think I'm gonna put two of those on my Evo! :lol:

earlyapex
04-24-2006, 09:23 PM
what's interesting is that its a 1 turbo per bank of 3 cylinders.

SouthernCrane
04-24-2006, 10:35 PM
Case in point: Honda just came out with a turbo powertrain for the next MDX, I believe...

It's the RDX

http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9745&highlight=rdx

AreSTG
04-25-2006, 06:54 AM
Earlyapex always being misinterpreted online... it never ends

earlyapex
04-25-2006, 07:35 AM
Earlyapex always being misinterpreted online... it never ends

The great ones are always misunderstood. :wink:

j/k of course. :lol: