PDA

View Full Version : '06 si...

gOt BoOsT
05-05-2006, 09:11 AM
I just picked up a '06 civic si for my lady. It's pretty clean white/black 6 speed 200hp k20(z3) i-vtec/vtc 11:1 compression 8000 redline helical-type lsd... not too bad for a girls car :wink:

twEeker
05-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Not really likeing the front end, but I work at a honda dealer, and I took an si out a couple time. It's a fun car. I just cant get over the gigantic dash, and the little hood and engine bay. Looks like it would be a pain in the ass if you needed to work on the car.

vtluu
05-05-2006, 09:34 AM
If I had to choose a Civic, it'd be the '06 Si, but that would be if I had to choose a Civic. If I had to choose a new "hot hatch" it'd be an '06 GTI, or maybe a Mini Cooper S, or even the new Dodge Caliber SRT4... just because they're not Civics.

Also, what do your insurance rates look like? The Si badge on a Civic is like a big "STEAL ME" sign...

Not saying it's not a fun car--I'm sure it is--just not the one I'd pick.

ZK
05-05-2006, 09:38 AM
The performance is good but the car is damn ugly. Exterior and interior. I think car makers are taking it a bit too far lately to make their cars "different" than other cars.

the new Acura RSX... that looks pretty nice actually.

ek9_evo9
05-05-2006, 10:34 AM
its okay i never really liked the civic line after the 99-00 lineup i just thought they all look butthurt. Congrats on the new addition to your garage's family =)

pat.ter.rick
05-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Not really likeing the front end, but I work at a honda dealer, and I took an si out a couple time. It's a fun car. I just cant get over the gigantic dash, and the little hood and engine bay. Looks like it would be a pain in the ass if you needed to work on the car.

so tweeker...you own a evo?

dohcvtec
05-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Tam, you have a problem with civics? :)

Will,
Awesome car man, love the K20's, best Honda motor ever. :)

SilverStreak
05-06-2006, 11:37 AM
I like the new civic coupes that honda put out. I still like the EM1 chassis the best (probaly because I used to own that one :P).

Definitely a fun little car...with more displacement and that lsd...car should be even better. The one thing I hated about it was all the ricer fanboys. I had SO many things ripped off that car. People always want those vtec/i-vtec stickers, the stock H emblems, and most importantly...that coveted Si Emblem.

DB8GSR
05-08-2006, 06:20 AM
love the K20's, best Honda motor ever. :)

and others will say B18s, best Honda motor ever! LoL

ZK
05-08-2006, 09:13 AM
The B18 is nice but the K20 are definitely a lot more refined and powerful in stock and lightly modified. There's a lot of ECU tuning potential as well because it is continuously variable VTEC not just the 2 or 3 stage of the B18.

dohcvtec
05-08-2006, 10:34 AM
The B18 is nice but the K20 are definitely a lot more refined and powerful in stock and lightly modified. There's a lot of ECU tuning potential as well because it is continuously variable VTEC not just the 2 or 3 stage of the B18.

+1
I have a B18 and I still say the K20 is better. :) So much more potential and better design over the old B series motors. Don't get me wrong, I love my B18C also, but would like a K20 even more. :)

SilverStreak
05-08-2006, 12:52 PM
I remember when there was TONS of debate going on during the initial release of the new Si (the old focus look-a-like).

The EM1 owners were bashing the k-series potential...i.e the lower redline, same hp from extra displacement, weight, looks, suspension, etc.

Fast forward a few years and the k-series is doing great. I think the first great stride in terms of potential was seen in the early ecu reprograms. Those unlocked tons of power.

Originally-being the biased former EM1 owner that I am...I was B-series all the way. Nowadays...I will definitely take the k-series.

L8eight
05-08-2006, 01:03 PM
i would say the K20 is a better motor also, especially because of its higher displacement and cont. variable VTEC. But on topic, i would like to own a civic for a daily driver, i really dig the seats :) in them, not Recaros, but still nice for a civic.

dohcvtec
05-08-2006, 02:41 PM
I remember when there was TONS of debate going on during the initial release of the new Si (the old focus look-a-like).

The EM1 owners were bashing the k-series potential...i.e the lower redline, same hp from extra displacement, weight, looks, suspension, etc.

Fast forward a few years and the k-series is doing great. I think the first great stride in terms of potential was seen in the early ecu reprograms. Those unlocked tons of power.

Originally-being the biased former EM1 owner that I am...I was B-series all the way. Nowadays...I will definitely take the k-series.

Well, that Si (focus looking one) does have the weak ass K20. It has vtec only on the intake side, not the exhaust. Also the internals are slightly different. The K20 to have is the one from the RSX Type-S and this new Si.

gOt BoOsT
05-15-2006, 08:22 PM
thanks for the replies i thought this post was deleted 'cause i put it up a little while before the old system was hi-jacked...
I had SO many things ripped off that car. People always want those vtec/i-vtec stickers, the stock H emblems, and most importantly...that coveted Si Emblem.
I already took the liberty of removing all stickers and badging(i thought it looked gay anyway) and insurance is fairly cheap $120 month

gOt BoOsT
05-15-2006, 08:30 PM
also now i realize how fu@kin fast my evo is since i barley drive it anymore...waiting 'til 6,000k for power sucks for now