PDA

View Full Version : NCE

SouthernCrane
05-05-2006, 10:17 AM
was the site hacked by Mr. Skull?

twEeker
05-05-2006, 10:18 AM
apparently so. I just now got on. What the hell was that all about?

JanSolo
05-05-2006, 10:25 AM
database fixed and ip banned.

toasty
05-05-2006, 10:47 AM
I thought it was my computer does stupid things like going back to 127.0.0.1
I just scanned my computer just to make sure that is was not me. :lol:

dizhungryguy
05-05-2006, 10:49 AM
that crap was freaking crazy!....i was like oh crap what the hell is wrong with my comp!..

drunk monkey
05-05-2006, 10:50 AM
it still shows this on the top

Hacked by MR_SkuLL location.href="http://www.ncvip.com/skull.htm"; Forum Index

coolguy949
05-05-2006, 11:00 AM
I tracked his IP and banned him on the router. It's likely he's using a proxy so we'll see...

mtsevovii
05-05-2006, 11:24 AM
we need to find these hacking bastards, i wouldnt mind putting a few well placed .308's into their heads! :evil:

toasty
05-05-2006, 11:28 AM
we need to find these hacking bastards, i wouldnt mind putting a few well placed .308's into their heads! :evil:
Rally up the malisha , NORCALEVO.net style.
I would love to get some more pratice in before range time, hehe :twisted:

drunk monkey
05-05-2006, 02:10 PM
man this temp layout is soo weird.

Carlo

coolguy949
05-05-2006, 02:15 PM
man this temp layout is soo weird.

Carlo

It's the same software SoCalEvo is using. We're going to stay with it but i'll be making a lot of modifications to it to make it look and feel like the old norcalevo.

JanSolo
05-05-2006, 02:15 PM
At least you have a site to post on. :-)

drunk monkey
05-05-2006, 02:21 PM

thats true. i need to get my norcalevo fix haha. i think its the colors are freaking me out. too white or bright.

Carlo

byt
05-05-2006, 02:23 PM
sweet we're back! kinda..

Matz
05-05-2006, 02:48 PM
shiet what's up with hacking NCE? While the site was down, I was getting the shakes and couldn't stop hitting F5.

When does everyone get their custom titles back? I realize you guys are too busy with other site stuff, but I was just curious, that's all.

Oh, and one thing that's a bummer -- SMF doesn't seem to use the same smiley shortcuts like :woot:, :banghead:, etc etc. I totally got used to using those. :oops: Oh hey, that one works. :lol:

PANGES
05-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Good job to the guys at NorCalEvo.net for getting it back up so fast though.* :wave:

vtluu
05-05-2006, 02:53 PM

I'm not feeling this pastel violet you're using for the Quote boxes. Maybe a lighter shade of lilac? :homer:

MarkSAE
05-05-2006, 02:57 PM
Wow, that was fast. Good job guys!

leif
05-05-2006, 03:03 PM
this layout sux balls.

JanSolo
05-05-2006, 03:06 PM
this layout sux balls.

Thanks for the feedback. Would you mind making us a new one that you like better? :)

coolguy949
05-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Oh, and one thing that's a bummer -- SMF doesn't seem to use the same smiley shortcuts like :woot:, :banghead:, etc etc. I totally got used to using those. :oops: Oh hey, that one works. :lol:

They will work once again....soon.

coolguy949
05-05-2006, 03:07 PM

I'm not feeling this pastel violet you're using for the Quote boxes. Maybe a lighter shade of lilac? :homer:

this is what socalevo.net looked like before we modified the layout....norcalevo will look the same as socalevo, but with the blue/grey theme instead of the orange/red

leif
05-05-2006, 03:14 PM
this layout sux balls.

Thanks for the feedback. Would you mind making us a new one that you like better? :)

no but im not the one that opted to switch to this crappy lay out either.

vtluu
05-05-2006, 03:21 PM

I'm sure another forum will be happy to welcome you into their ranks, if you don't like this one.

Either help, put up, or shut up. Or go away.

mtsevovii
05-05-2006, 03:34 PM
its nice to have nce up again...but this new format is giving me a headache...haha. and where can i locate the photo section?

JanSolo
05-05-2006, 03:36 PM
this layout sux balls.

It was either this or no forum software at all. It's all about tradeoffs, so this is what we felt was best. Sorry you don't like it, but it is hard to please everyone in every way possible.

JanSolo
05-05-2006, 03:38 PM
its nice to have nce up again...but this new format is giving me a headache...haha. and where can i locate the photo section?

I'll find out about the gallery and give you an update as soon as I get one.

leif
05-05-2006, 03:49 PM

I'm sure another forum will be happy to welcome you into their ranks, if you don't like this one.

Either help, put up, or shut up. Or go away.

oh calm down, besides after my accident it was decided that i wasnt needed around here for help anymore since i didnt have an evo, remember?

im sure once tuned up the forum will look better, but now it looks too generic. plus light violet isnt my color either.

leif
05-05-2006, 03:52 PM
btw is it just my computer or can you not click the scroll wheel on your mouse in the sig area? was it always like that?

Richard EVO
05-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Let's track down Mr. Skull and string him up by the short hairs. :blam:

ek9_evo9
05-05-2006, 05:01 PM
shiet what's up with hacking NCE? While the site was down, I was getting the shakes and couldn't stop hitting F5.

When does everyone get their custom titles back? I realize you guys are too busy with other site stuff, but I was just curious, that's all.

you were getting the shakes too, i was going through withdrawls.....i actually was in the corner, fetal position, and mumbling to myself :lol:

JanSolo
05-05-2006, 05:21 PM
You can change your personalized text, which is pretty close to a custom title. You would to that by selecting Profile, then on the side of your screen, look for a section called Modify Profile, then find Forum Profile Information and click on that. From there, scroll down past your IM information and look for a box that says "Custom Title". Fill in what you want (as long as it is safe for work).

ez76
05-05-2006, 05:32 PM
it is hard to please everyone in every way possible.

Not true and I have the video to prove it.

vtluu
05-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Not true and I have the video to prove it.

:3some: :lol:

kimmievo
05-05-2006, 06:22 PM
I'm just glad the forums are up and running again. I don't give a shit what it looks like. I was seriously going through withdrawals too...sweaty palms, involuntary muscle twitches, foaming at the mouth (ok, maybe not the last one) but I wasn't a happy camper at work today. I actually had to do something productive rather than surfing the boards...imagine that, lol.

Anyways, thanks for getting NCE up and running so quickly again!

coolguy949
05-05-2006, 07:28 PM
This software is much faster than the old. You should definitely see improvements in performance.

EV0LL
05-05-2006, 07:39 PM
It's the same software SoCalEvo is using. We're going to stay with it but i'll be making a lot of modifications to it to make it look and feel like the old norcalevo.

Man I hope it operates like the old Norcal did. I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, but compared to the (i guess now "Old") Norcal site, the usability of the Socal site just blows. Its no contest. Using the search is about as much fun as hitting your head with a pole. I can never get the username search to work, and the layout and results that return from a search don't seem as effecient to use. Sure this may load better, but overall thats negated by poor user interface IMO. I've already noticed the "quote" function works intermitantly, although maybe thats because this was thrown up temporarily so fast.

Bottom line is if you do keep using the Socal software, PLEASE make the usability better, maybe take the best features of the old Norcal (usability) and the new software (loading?) and combine them.

TIA

coolguy949
05-05-2006, 07:42 PM
You type in * in the search box when you search for a username. It means search all posts for that username.

coolguy949
05-05-2006, 07:43 PM
The quote function is slow because the server is overloaded right now with all the processes i'm running. As soon as I clear the logs you wont even see that pop-up come up when you quote.

earlyapex
05-05-2006, 07:52 PM
You can change your personalized text, which is pretty close to a custom title. You would to that by selecting Profile, then on the side of your screen, look for a section called Modify Profile, then find Forum Profile Information and click on that. From there, scroll down past your IM information and look for a box that says "Custom Title". Fill in what you want (as long as it is safe for work).

There isn't a custom title input field on the Forum Profile Information page.

Also, how come some avatars (like mine) are getting stretched?

evo_dadi
05-05-2006, 07:55 PM
thank god ive been hanging out in socalevo for a while,finally got used to this layout.one thing thats nice also is you can opt to block all signatures ;)

evo_dadi
05-05-2006, 08:04 PM
hey bryan you gotta load up the pic for your avatar when you change your profile.

JanSolo
05-05-2006, 08:09 PM

There isn't a custom title input field on the Forum Profile Information page.

I changed mine. :-)

The forum software resizes images that are over the limits of 120x120.

coolguy949
05-05-2006, 08:11 PM

Fixed.

lncrevoviii
05-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Good to be back. Gr8 job admins on the recovery process. No regrets on the software being changed, just have to get used to it. I really don't care what software you use, just have the one where we can be an Evo community and where Hackers feel powerless.

:lol: I wanted to "LOGOUT" and spent hella time just trying to find it. :lol:
What are those stars under my name?

coolguy949
05-05-2006, 08:17 PM
You guys now have a calendar. Edit your profiles and add your birthdays.

Also, email problem fixed.

lncrevoviii
05-05-2006, 08:20 PM
When I press Home it goes to "Page Not Found". Like in the old NCE when someone logs out.

coolguy949
05-05-2006, 08:37 PM
When I press Home it goes to "Page Not Found". Like in the old NCE when someone logs out.

There's no page defined there yet, just like the gallery. I put the links there because i'm planning on putting those up over the weekend.

RgistRdShowoffIX
05-05-2006, 10:43 PM
LOL wow i was amazed today. "NCE was hacked????" last thing i sed before going to calculus class. @.@

Evo8andahalf
05-05-2006, 10:48 PM
LOL wow i was amazed today. "NCE was hacked????" last thing i sed before going to calculus class. @.@

haha samething happened to be, i allways check it before class

RgistRdShowoffIX
05-05-2006, 11:10 PM
LOL i was late to calc today cus of this. "why won't my NCE button work!?"

I use firefox. I thot it was the browser. =\

EV0LL
05-05-2006, 11:44 PM
You type in * in the search box when you search for a username. It means search all posts for that username.

Ya I tried that, doesnt work for me. Im talking about when you goto "advanced search" btw. In the old norcal, you used to just be able to type in a name, thats it. And you would get search results. Now If I do that I get "An Error Has Occurred! Did you forget to put something to search for?". Same thing comes up, if I do, say *Ev0ll or EV0ll* or * EV0ll, etc.

So hows that suppsosed to work?

coolguy949
05-06-2006, 02:14 AM

Ya I tried that, doesnt work for me. Im talking about when you goto "advanced search" btw. In the old norcal, you used to just be able to type in a name, thats it. And you would get search results. Now If I do that I get "An Error Has Occurred! Did you forget to put something to search for?". Same thing comes up, if I do, say *Ev0ll or EV0ll* or * EV0ll, etc.

So hows that suppsosed to work?

What i mean is you put * in the "Search For" field if you're searching for a certain user name. Then you fill in by "By User" with the name you're searching for. * means all. So what you're telling the search engine is search for ALL posts by this USERNAME. It's vice versa if you're searching for a certain topic by any users.

Or you can go to the users profile and view all their posts by clicking on a link.

EV0LL
05-06-2006, 08:17 AM
What i mean is you put * in the "Search For" field if you're searching for a certain user name. Then you fill in by "By User" with the name you're searching for. * means all. So what you're telling the search engine is search for ALL posts by this USERNAME. It's vice versa if you're searching for a certain topic by any users.

Or you can go to the users profile and view all their posts by clicking on a link.

OK, ya I tried that as well, and the only results I get are posts where I actually used "*" in them. :) Maybe the "search for" box isn't recognizing the value or command of the asterisk? I tried it with quotes and w/out quotes around the asterisk btw.

JanSolo
05-06-2006, 09:16 AM
The options highlighted below may make the forum software move worthwhile to some.

http://i3.tinypic.com/xc0u2c.jpg

panem
05-07-2006, 03:24 AM
this S*** is just like fixing your own car for a while.... god damn!!!

methods4
05-07-2006, 11:23 AM
thank god ive been hanging out in socalevo for a while,finally got used to this layout.one thing thats nice also is you can opt to block all signatures ;)

I take offense to that Marcel.

evo_dadi
05-07-2006, 06:58 PM

I take offense to that Marcel.

whaaaat....i takes longer to load on some sigs thats why ;)

Matz
05-07-2006, 07:28 PM

Can I have my $5 back, then? bahahah j/k

chrisw
05-08-2006, 09:09 PM
why do I still see signatures and avatars when I uncheck those options in my preferences?

Also, the home button on the profile screen has an invalid link.

JanSolo
05-08-2006, 09:26 PM
why do I still see signatures and avatars when I uncheck those options in my preferences?

Also, the home button on the profile screen has an invalid link.

Thanks for the feedback! I am not sure why the avatar and sig options are not working for you as they are certainly working for me. I will look into it and see what results I can dig up.

Home button is a known issue and we've been reminded of this a few times now.