PDA

View Full Version : clutch adjustment

AreSTG
05-06-2006, 01:23 AM
just wondering how i can adjust my clutch(pedal i think)

i have had a preoblem since i bout the car that'd starting to really get to me, a small grind thats most noticable in 2nd. I think it's not fully disengaging. I was hoping i could just turn a screw on the pedal but i didnt feel a bolt down there, i need to get my head down there. Just wondering if i need to be adjusting a cable or something.

MarkSAE
05-06-2006, 09:14 AM
You need to stick your head under the dash and move the clutch pedal. You'll see where the pedal linkage actuates the clutch master cylinder. You'll most likely need a flashlight to see it. All you need to do is loosen the jam nut and turn the threaded part. On your back and looking up, you'll want to turn the rod counterclockwise to move the engagement point up to make shifting smoother. Make changes in small increments, like a half turn at a time. Then drive around to see if it made any improvements.

Liquid-R1
05-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Here's a pic to give you a better idea as well...

http://evomoto.com/tech_info.php?tech_id=28&osCsid=ff24c6cb8c6a9931d71be83639a21f61

AreSTG
05-06-2006, 04:24 PM
thanks a bunch guys, was exactly the help i needed

Matz
05-07-2006, 10:32 PM

i have had a preoblem since i bout the car that'd starting to really get to me, a small grind thats most noticable in 2nd. I think it's not fully disengaging. I was hoping i could just turn a screw on the pedal but i didnt feel a bolt down there, i need to get my head down there. Just wondering if i need to be adjusting a cable or something.

Hmm... I wonder if I need to do this. My 2nd is a little crunchy, but I I've been stalling a lot lately. I've never stalled since my first Evo, and then last week I stalled 4 times trying to get out of first. :?:

earlyapex
05-07-2006, 11:46 PM

Hmm... I wonder if I need to do this. My 2nd is a little crunchy, but I I've been stalling a lot lately. I've never stalled since my first Evo, and then last week I stalled 4 times trying to get out of first. :?:

You have alot less vacumn down low with those cams now. You'll get used to it. ;)

whtrice
08-27-2006, 07:22 AM

You have alot less vacumn down low with those cams now. You'll get used to it. ;)

Darn hotrods...tempermental bast#$@%!!!!* * :?

AreSTG
08-27-2006, 05:24 PM
i dont get it, however since this is back from the dead i'll mention that adjusting the clutch simply made me have to learn my car all-over again, but didnt fix the crunch in 2nd. W/E as long is it doesn't lead to worse things in the future, it's been this way since i got it :(

myVekDrifteRS
12-28-2006, 10:16 PM
try checking your fluids level in the brake reservoir or change the tranny fluids. :D

spoolin
01-02-2007, 01:00 AM
Synchro's going bad? :YIKES: :?

AreSTG
01-07-2007, 05:05 AM
can't be going bad, maybe been bad from the beginning and hasn't gotten worse