PDA

View Full Version : Point at which larger injectors are needed?

Damanc
05-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Like it says in the topic I am wondering at what point of modding an evo do a fuel pump and larger injectors become a requirement. Right now I am running a 3 inch turbo back exhaust, a P2 flash and a Fujita F5 intake with intercooler pipes.
My modding is stalled for the time being while I come up with more money. I just want to have my priorities straight so that I dont over work my fuel system.

Matz
05-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Like it says in the topic I am wondering at what point of modding an evo do a fuel pump and larger injectors become a requirement. Right now I am running a 3 inch turbo back exhaust, a P2 flash and a Fujita F5 intake with intercooler pipes.
My modding is stalled for the time being while I come up with more money. I just want to have my priorities straight so that I dont over work my fuel system.

I believe that if you add higher lift / duration cams, your fuel requirement goes up. Every post I've seen from others with cams and stock injectors indicate that the stock injectors run very close to 100% duty cycle, which is a bad thing.

L8eight
05-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Matz is right, with the mods you have right now you are ok. if you do cams, depending on which cam and how it is tuned you will need atliest a fuel pump and possibly larger injectors (its reccommended).

earlyapex
05-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Larger injectors? That's keyboard racer talk. Don't mind the 98% duty cycle logs. All keyboard racer talk.

L8eight
05-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Larger injectors? That's keyboard racer talk. Don't mind the 98% duty cycle logs. All keyboard racer talk.

lmao...

Damanc
05-09-2006, 08:05 PM
My next mods are likely going to be a WORKS throttle body and mabye a turbo outlet. Would I be getting close maxing fuel system with those?

earlyapex
05-09-2006, 08:15 PM
My next mods are likely going to be a WORKS throttle body and mabye a turbo outlet. Would I be getting close maxing fuel system with those?

No.

Matz
05-09-2006, 09:15 PM

The WORKS turbo back exhaust is really nice, and I love it. I have the WORKS TB as well, but I don't know how noticeable of an improvement it makes. That's one of those mods that I wish I had done last, rather than first. I'd stick with a turboback as your first mod, and definitely the WORKS P2 over the throttle body.

Damanc
05-11-2006, 06:51 PM
I allready have a 3" turbo back and a P2 flash. I also just installed the fujita f5 intake that I won at the NCE meet. :D

Matz
05-11-2006, 07:52 PM
I allready have a 3" turbo back and a P2 flash. I also just installed the fujita f5 intake that I won at the NCE meet. :D

I thought BigEd won the Fujita intake... anyhow, FYI, when you're ready for the fuel pump and 720cc injectors, check out Gruppe-S for an unbeatable price.

Damanc
05-12-2006, 10:31 PM
He did but I got the other one.