PDA

View Full Version : GReddy turbo timer-FAVOR

kimmievo
04-14-2004, 11:09 AM
Hey All,

I just got my GReddy turbo timer and plug&play harness this morning. Since I can't speak or read Japanese, I don't know how to install the dang thing. If there is any EVO owner that lives on the Peninsula, I'd be willing to throw a few bucks their way, pizza(or burgers, etc.) and beer to help me install it. OR if someone could direct me to a website or thread so I could do it myself, that would be great too. Please PM me or just respond to this.

Thanks in advance! :D

SilverBullet
04-14-2004, 11:37 AM
whats up kimmievo...check out this link...it should help you...

http://www.scuderiaciriani.com/rx7/Greddy_turbo_timer_manual.html

kimmievo
04-14-2004, 12:15 PM
Hey thanks for the link! :)

brwnrice
04-14-2004, 11:39 PM
that is a very detailed installation process i wish they have that for the apexi tt, oh well :paranoid:

BluEvo
04-15-2004, 02:37 PM
that is a very detailed installation process i wish they have that for the apexi tt, oh well :paranoid:
yo G,
how do you like your apexi tt???
T

brwnrice
04-16-2004, 04:27 PM
i like it a lot, simple yet it gets the job done. i chose the apexi TT because it nearly matches the color of the guages when lit up.

kimmievo
04-27-2004, 06:12 PM
Ok, so I am getting my Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 alarm installed right now and I asked the guy if the alarm will set after my GReddy turbo timer shuts the engine off. He didn't know. I tried contacting Clifford via email and phone, no response. I called the store I bought the alarm from, they're dumbasses. Does anyone have this alarm and have a turbo timer? If so, are they compatible? Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. :)

kimmievo
04-27-2004, 06:28 PM
I just spoke with Lonnie from Import Cafe and he said that since they are installed seperately, it should work. I am gonna make a trip down there this weekend possibly to get it installed. Anyone interested in making the trip to check it out with me?

evo_dadi
04-27-2004, 06:30 PM
we were planning on going this friday at import cafe but probably not till later on that night.but if youre still gonna be around we can meet you there also.

kataklyzm
04-28-2004, 10:22 PM
is it just aftermarket alarms? my factory remote works when its counting down...

BluEvo
04-28-2004, 11:06 PM
an aftermarket alarm can be set to work with a turbo time. just have to add a shock sensor delay to let the tt count down while the alarm is armed.

BUDLoNG
04-28-2004, 11:28 PM
i got my viper alarm installed at audio sound and security on capital expressway in sj...

they told me if i wanted to get a TT, it would hook up to the alarm no problem...
u might want to give them a call..

BUDLoNG

kimmievo
04-28-2004, 11:28 PM
we were planning on going this friday at import cafe but probably not till later on that night.but if youre still gonna be around we can meet you there also.

Well, I have to go on Saturday, because they need my car for a few hours in the afternoon. I'll try to make it Friday night though, just to hang out.

kimmievo
04-28-2004, 11:31 PM
i got my viper alarm installed at audio sound and security on capital expressway in sj...

they told me if i wanted to get a TT, it would hook up to the alarm no problem...
u might want to give them a call..

BUDLoNG

cool, thanks! I'll try Import Cafe first, but keep your place in mind too!

EvoVIII
04-28-2004, 11:44 PM
I got the Matrix and Apexi TT, it works just fine, no problem at all

EvoVIII
04-28-2004, 11:45 PM
but by the way, Matrix 3.5 have a Build in Turbo TImer as well

kimmievo
04-29-2004, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I know...I bought the GReddy one the day I bought my car, so I might as well put it to good use. PLUS the stereo installation shop was going to charge me an additional $150.00 to install the Clifford tt. I just felt it would have been a waste of money, imo. :)

evil-al
04-30-2004, 09:43 PM
hi everyone, not a regular here, but if yall have problems wit alarms, turbotimers, stereos or even hard to figure out electricals, contact me at:
AUDIOMOBILE
307 11th Street
Oakland, CA. 94607
Mon-Sat 9:30-7
(510)839-1992

BTW, for the ones that want to or already have remotestart in the EVOs, i have a solution to avoid being in gear!!!!! yes, car will not start in ANY gear.