PDA

View Full Version : Everyones Interest

DRFTR8
05-11-2006, 09:56 AM
Its been hard to set up meets and events for everyone without knowing everyones interest.. this will help us in the future in what events to set up. i have been trying to set up track days for everyone but i guess we have more show and shine guys than hardcore drivers who want to know what their cars are really built for. also it will get those guys who street race off the street. also lets not just go to the meets because of raffle prizes.. those are just privileges, so lets not forget that.

drunk monkey
05-11-2006, 10:17 AM
no sporting events? like baseball, basketball, ect.

Carlo

kimmievo
05-11-2006, 10:23 AM
I like the meets for show n shine, cruise w/photoshoots, dyno days, and eventually I would like to get on the track. So, I can't really just choose one option. And of course, that was if I still had an evo, lol.

It's also fun to do dinner meets, or game night like at Dave n Busters...you may want to add that to the list.

DRFTR8
05-11-2006, 10:26 AM
game night is under local meet.. but its really what you would prefer or would attend all the time..

wilson1
05-11-2006, 01:59 PM
what about guy's nite?

wilson1
05-11-2006, 02:00 PM
or gal's nite?

kimmievo
05-11-2006, 02:28 PM
/\ /\ /\ Thanks Wilson! /\ /\ /\

vtluu
05-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Touge/hill climb, though fun, would be nearly impossible to organize, at least in a legal and safe manner. Don't want to shoot down the idea but if it were even remotely possible to do, people would probably be doing it already.

Conceptually it's no worse than organizing a performance rally--closing off a public road, etc.--but rally takes place on less-used logging and service roads, and even they're a big hassle to set up, from a safety and liability standpoint. Closing something like Mt. Hamilton Road for a hill climb or touge event would be "a bit" harder to do, to say the least.

missred
05-11-2006, 03:32 PM
It's all fun Im game for whatever

STR8DVS
05-11-2006, 03:38 PM
Touge/hill climb, though fun, would be nearly impossible to organize, at least in a legal and safe manner. Don't want to shoot down the idea but if it were even remotely possible to do, people would probably be doing it already.

Conceptually it's no worse than organizing a performance rally--closing off a public road, etc.--but rally takes place on less-used logging and service roads, and even they're a big hassle to set up, from a safety and liability standpoint. Closing something like Mt. Hamilton Road for a hill climb or touge event would be "a bit" harder to do, to say the least.
I must agree Touge is somthing you do in small groups not with a line of 40 cars. but I still voted for it. and I think altomonte raceway has rallycross during the summer.

vtluu
05-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Altamont Raceway changed management. No more rallycross there.

drunk monkey
05-11-2006, 05:46 PM
i still think we should do a northcalevo meets socalevo. bbq/show and shine with a friendly bball game or some other coed sport.

at least theres a little bit of both. of caravans, meeting up and just knowing each other.

Carlo

STR8DVS
05-11-2006, 06:33 PM
i still think we should do a northcalevo meets socalevo. bbq/show and shine with a friendly bball game or some other coed sport.

at least theres a little bit of both. of caravans, meeting up and just knowing each other.

Carlo

that is a great idea we did a lancer meet like that back in 02 we had it in fresno it was a lot of fun. we should do it again with the EVO's.

lancerboy
05-16-2006, 05:12 PM
i'm up for track days.

karting and cruising around are my other choices.

wilson1
05-16-2006, 10:06 PM
i'm up for track days.

Did you signup for the NCE meet #14? :D

lancerboy
05-16-2006, 11:15 PM
i'm up for track days.

Did you signup for the NCE meet #14? :D
yes.

MarkSAE
05-17-2006, 07:29 AM
I think all of the above is good except the touge one with the track being my top choice. It's good to vary things up.

midEVO
06-02-2006, 03:24 PM
i am all for track days but not everyone can do them at any given time. you have to plan way ahead to free up a day to do it, you have to make sure your car is in good condition, tires, brakes, fluids, and you have to make sure you have the dough to drop on a track day. its a pretty big commitment so i think thats why a lot of people are slow to jump on the track days.

ZK
06-02-2006, 03:39 PM
I think all of the above is good except the touge one with the track being my top choice. It's good to vary things up.

Mark, you'd be surprised how much you can learn from mountain driving. You don't have to be going super fast to learn car control. The environment allows you to learn how to drive different situations and road conditions as opposed to the memorization of tracks.

But this is something you should do yourself ... not a large group of cars.

earlyapex
06-03-2006, 12:53 AM

Mark, you'd be surprised how much you can learn from mountain driving. You don't have to be going super fast to learn car control. The environment allows you to learn how to drive different situations and road conditions as opposed to the memorization of tracks.

I used to mtn drive all the time. Then I discovered the track. I barely ever go anymore and If I do I go ALOT slower then I used to, almost to the point where I just check out the scenery. Not worth it, not as much of a controlled environment.

I leave it for the tofutoogay guys to flip and crash their cars on mtn roads now.

SpeedElement
07-06-2006, 11:44 PM

I used to mtn drive all the time. Then I discovered the track. I barely ever go anymore and If I do I go ALOT slower then I used to, almost to the point where I just check out the scenery. Not worth it, not as much of a controlled environment.

I leave it for the tofutoogay guys to flip and crash their cars on mtn roads now.

ahahaha tofutoogay .. ROFLMAO

redtydsf
07-19-2006, 02:21 AM
track and toogay for me :lol: track when you can afford it and "toogay" when you ya just wanna enjoy tha scenery right up on someones ass :P

TogueMonster
07-19-2006, 05:52 AM
Tofutoogay Monster. :lol: That reminds me of when I used to play Halo 2 on XBOX Live. My gamertag was TogueMonster as well, and everyone used to say "Hey Tongue Master"! :lol: I vote Togue.

EvoRicer
07-20-2006, 10:12 PM
How about a movie day and we all go watch a chick flick? :lol:

L84AD8
07-20-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm thinking more of like a beach cruise. It's freakin scorching out here. A good place where the water aint polluted, good waves to surf, and some eye candy as well. Excellent for a photoshoot. :P

Also a BBQ, potluck, or cookout. 8)

evo_dadi
07-20-2006, 10:55 PM
good luck with beach meets specially right now,too many damn tourists!!

RxEvo
07-30-2006, 05:08 PM
How about Paintball? :)

lqdchkn
07-30-2006, 07:28 PM
I voted dyno days but I think you should merge it with show and shine. Dyno days are usually also show and shine with a dyno option. Show and shine by them selves usually get boring after a while unless there are hella cars or a restaurant.

hurricane
09-06-2006, 03:41 AM
count me in for track days!!! im just waiting for the car to have its proper brake-in, then...whalla!!! just shoot me a reply when and where. ty

FrdPrbeLXRcerGL
10-12-2006, 07:33 AM
im interested in all of them.

06IXMR
11-07-2006, 12:19 AM
I'm waitng for airsoft....:D