PDA

View Full Version : Interior rattling

ace33joe
04-14-2004, 10:40 PM
My EVO had A-pillar rattle, and driver's door rattle from day-1, I got it fixed at the dealer, and it's gone.

Now I have driver's side B-pillar rattle, somekind of metalic clicking sound from the passenger door, and rear passenger side pillar area rattle.

I brought my car to the dealer yesterday, and my car was absolutely quiet when I was test driving it with a mechanic.

We could hear a slight rattle from driver's side B-pillar, and I told the mechanic that I read magazine article about EVO long-term test, and they had the same rattle, but it was fixed by using some double-sided tape.

He put double sided tape, and some sponge inside the B-pillar trim, but the rattle is still there.

Some people are saying that rattles are gone after few thousand miles, but I have 5500 miles, and it's 10 months old.

Did anyone fixed similar rattling or get it fixed?

lambtron
04-14-2004, 10:45 PM
I had a slight rattling noise on the passenger side...I later realized it was the seatbelt haha. =X

vtluu
04-14-2004, 11:06 PM
I get A-pillar rattle but that's due to the wires and boost line I have running into it to my A-pillar-mounted gauges. I may get around to fixing it by adding some padding, but it was a PITA to get the A-pillar snapped on again so I may just leave it be, if it's not too bothersome.

EvolvedDSM
04-15-2004, 12:14 AM
Mine just picked up the A-pillar rattle recently. Now that I've tracked it down, it should be an easy fix. I hope that's my only one ;)

Asad SRO
04-16-2004, 09:22 PM
If the door panel is rattling, check your speakers. You may have blown them.

nebolic
04-16-2004, 09:24 PM
i've had wierd noises in my Evo, i just kinda ignored it since its not a "luxury" car and iw ould assume to hear wierd noises here and there, so i just turn up my radio etc... not exactly a good fix but my fix is to ignore the whole thing together.

SilverBullet
04-17-2004, 12:05 AM
Freaking annoying ass noises I hear to in my Evo from time to time... I just turn on my radio and ignore it....

EvoVIII
04-17-2004, 12:06 AM
dude, my passanger sit rattling like hell and there is no fix for it and now there is some rattling noise coming from the back pillar or the roof.. i don't know excatlly where.... but is annoying

ace33joe
04-20-2004, 02:57 AM
It seems I am not the only one who has rattling issues.

San Rafael Mitsu put some sealant in my driver's B-pillar, but it still rattles sometimes, and they said my boost tubing is hitting the wires and make noise, so they zip-tied it, but noise is still there. It seems it's very hard to fix rattles.

My driver's seat is squeaking also. :(