PDA

View Full Version : Any dealer with a wheel alignment machine and good service?

ace33joe
04-16-2004, 01:37 AM
I visited San Rafael Mitsubishi today, but I couldn't get the alignment check even the mechanic said the tire noise is not normal.

The service manager told me it is just because I recently rotated my tires, it takes some time until tires are wearing out at different angle, and quiet down.

But actually, I realized I already ran 900 miles after I got the tire rotation. The noise seems increasing since then, not quieting down.

I guess they are not willing to check the alignment easily, because they should send out the vehicle to Wheelworks, pay them, and report it to Mitsubishi USA as warranty service.

It seems I need to have handling problem or worse noise to encourage them to check my alignment.

Is there any Mitsu dealer around bay area with a wheel alignment machine and I can trust?

Mo Evo
04-16-2004, 10:30 PM
Concord Mitsu has the proper equipment for an alignment, but no tire balancer. Manly in Santa Rosa has everything available to them next door at Manly GMC. San Rafael is a very small shop with only 3 or 4 techs and no equipment, so everything has to be out-sourced. Don't even count Barber in Vallejo. No factory trained techs, no other services. Upside to that is you don't have to make an appointment, cause they have no customers!

GReddy_917
04-17-2004, 10:06 AM
Just take your car to Auto Innovations in Milpitas. Orlando (owner) is the alignment master....$60 and you will be sure to have a perfectly aligned car.

http://www.autoinnovations.com/

brwnrice
04-17-2004, 10:50 AM
or as close to the stock specs since the front suspension has no camber adjustments

vtluu
04-17-2004, 01:25 PM
Just take your car to Auto Innovations in Milpitas. Orlando (owner) is the alignment master....$60 and you will be sure to have a perfectly aligned car.

http://www.autoinnovations.com/
$60? Cost me a hundred there. But it was still money well spent. :thumbsup:

EvolvedDSM
04-17-2004, 06:58 PM
or as close to the stock specs since the front suspension has no camber adjustments

http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=885

MitsuMan
04-17-2004, 09:24 PM
Hey if you guys need service work like alingments or cam gear installs or cam installs or just about anything Let me know I'm a certified tech with 7 years 4g63 exp. and I work at a great Independant Goodyear Tire\service shop in south san jose Im recently being contracted out by brozz performance to do evo work for them so give me a holla if you need anything and don't want to break your wallet

brwnrice
04-17-2004, 11:41 PM
went to autoinnovation to get my alignment and orlando told me that he can not change the camber because the evo doesnt have any camber adjustment :eek:

GReddy_917
04-18-2004, 08:32 AM
went to autoinnovation to get my alignment and orlando told me that he can not change the camber because the evo doesnt have any camber adjustment :eek:

He meant caster...not camber....Im sure he adjusted the camber on your car....dont you have the spec sheet with before and after specs???